Swearing in the work place

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Guys,

THought i would ask for your input seen as i value it more than the majority of idiots im surrounded with

Basically is it ok to swear in an office environemnt?

THere are a group of us who have a laugh and tell jokes etc (while hitting all the targets etc) which contains the odd swear word, nothing lude like sexual organs or anything just the usual F words and S word

Anyone see anything wrong with this casually used and outwith the company of outsiders?

The reason im asking is a member of staff send out a rather catty email there slamming us all as un-intelligent and un-professional for saying the odd word in his presence. I dont want to start a racist post but im curious as to what the Muslim community here in FH think of swearing, is this seen as a major "sin" in the eyes of allah? or is it kinda accepted similarly to western culture?

CHeers for your comments :D

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Holy shit!
what the fuck could be wrong with swearing now and then? :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i couldnt care less about people swearing around me in the office but i think the employers do as its not professional.(SP?)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
tris- said:
i couldnt care less about people swearing around me in the office but i think the employers do as its not professional.(SP?)

well thats the thing this isnt a boss/senior staff member its basically a pleb like the rest of us :(

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
So pathetic fucking whine by that guy imo, you should tell him to fuck off and wank a bit more.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
Guys,

THought i would ask for your input seen as i value it more than the majority of idiots im surrounded with

THere are a group of us who have a laugh and tell jokes etc (while hitting all the targets etc) which contains the odd swear word, nothing lude like sexual organs or anything just the usual F words and S word

Anyone see anything wrong with this casually used and outwith the company of outsiders?

The reason im asking is a member of staff send out a rather catty email there slamming us all as un-intelligent and un-professional for saying the odd word in his presence. I dont want to start a racist post but im curious as to what the Muslim community here in FH think of swearing, is this seen as a major "sin" in the eyes of allah? or is it kinda accepted similarly to western culture?

CHeers for your comments :D

Arnt you a unix admin or samething like that ?
I never met a unix admin that was any good at his job who didnt swear like a sailor

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
rofl yip im unix/oracle programmer

it goes with the territory that we swear like drunk vicars :p

update: me boss has pulled him up for not going through proper channels muhhhaa result

Duvelken

Loyal Freddie
My boss is from Lybia and is a muslim, most conversations i have with him contain: fuck, shit, bastards, ... gotta love him tbh :)
so no, i don't care if people use "bad" words.

Chilly

Balls of steel
if skill as a unix sysadmin was directly proportional to amount of expletives used id be The Man, shame im just a drunken idiot eh?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Duvelken said:
My boss is from Lybia and is a muslim, most conversations i have with him contain: fuck, shit, bastards, ... gotta love him tbh :)
so no, i don't care if people use "bad" words.

see thats what i thought

i recon this guy in work is just one of these hard core religous people who likes to pretend their better than everyone else

(btw this goes for all religions not just islam)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Guys,

--snip--
CHeers for your comments
No its not ok, by law if he/she finds it offensive she has a basis to complain, and the manager must deal with it (same way a woman can complain if you are using the C word because she finds it offensive ;))

youre right youre probably not a racist, just incredibly ignorant.
That is being racist

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
No its not ok, by law if he/she finds it offensive she has a basis to complain, and the manager must deal with it (same way a woman can complain if you are using the C word because she finds it offensive ;))

God I hate this PC world we live in.
Good thing my boss thinks the same :)
I threathend a stupid cow here at work i was going to replace her with a 4 line perl script, my boss wrist slapped me saying it would atleast take 10 lines

Duvelken

Loyal Freddie
oblimov said:
see thats what i thought

i recon this guy in work is just one of these hard core religous people who likes to pretend their better than everyone else

I think it's one of those "lick boss' ass for more money" kind of persons who needs attention.

dude: mr boss, mr boss, soem of the guys use bad words in the office!!!!!!!!!
boss: good boy, now lower that pants so i can reward u.
dude: with pleasure mr boss, thank you soo much mr boss.

Swearing has nothing to do with religion, a person who says that is a .... yes ... retard.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Chilly said:
if skill as a unix sysadmin was directly proportional to amount of expletives used id be The Man, shame im just a drunken idiot eh?

happy birthday to ya **** :D

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
lol happy birthday chilly

and sib i could probs replace half the business in here with one chunk of sql lol :D

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
lol happy birthday chilly

and sib i could probs replace half the business in here with one chunk of sql lol :D
tbh i still think the boss underestimates my perl obfuscation/black magic skills

chilly no, she works directly for the gov, they cant fire her anyway

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
my gf is always going on about perl and how much it rox

i think she needs to get out more

.....or at least get paid more so i can become a house husband :clap:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
my gf is always going on about perl and how much it rox

i think she needs to get out more

.....or at least get paid more so i can become a house husband
Sounds like a plan :D

Tilda

I wouldn't have a problem with it, i think a relaxed atmosphere where people joke and swear etc has the potential to be far more productive that a tense rod-up-your-arse(rod here being a metal pole, not rod rod :p) kinda work place.

and happy birthday Chilly you old fart! :D

Tilda

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
youre right youre probably not a racist, just incredibly ignorant.

That is being racist

IF I remember correctly they have kidnapped some people and threatened to kill them because the french government said they would ban the cloth they wear to their faces at schools. IF I remember correclty they kill innocent people just to frighten governments ( governments that care shit about someone dieing). IF I remember correclty they killed a woman because she got preagnant by a rapist. And all this in the last year. Am I ignorant or DAoC takes too much of your time and you don't watch the news?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
see thats what i thought

I find Christians to be worst. :(

And yes I swear a lot at work, much more than online in general. ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
they kill innocent people because Arms Dealers thell them it is a "Jehad" (most of them at least)
By youre rekoning most muslims are running round strapping bombs to themselves, which is complete and utter bullshit. That is a very small group which aims to be on the news and get attention, it has nothing to do with religion its all propaganda.
IF I remember correctly they have kidnapped some people and threatened to kill them because the french government said they would ban the cloth they wear to their faces at schools. IF I remember correclty they kill innocent people just to frighten governments ( governments that care shit about someone dieing).
Once again it has nothing to do with being a muslim, if it was a christian doing the same does it means all christians are suicide bombers?
This is their way of getting publicity and brining themselves (and keeping) themselves in the public eye.
As a result making themselves known to potential new recruits
IF you actually listened to all the news and not the selective parts you want to hear, the majority of the muslim world do not condone this in any way or form, it is not Jihad it is killing innocent people.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Tzan said:
IF I remember correctly they have kidnapped some people and threatened to kill them because the french government said they would ban the cloth they wear to their faces at schools. IF I remember correclty they kill innocent people just to frighten governments ( governments that care shit about someone dieing). IF I remember correclty they killed a woman because she got preagnant by a rapist. And all this in the last year. Am I ignorant or DAoC takes too much of your time and you don't watch the news?
a TINY minority of muslims do that, the ENTIRE american, british and many other western governents stockpile illegal nuclear weapons while preaching disarmamant to others and still continue to spend million, if not billions of the further development of such weapons.

the odd suicide bomber pales in comparison to the worlds (probably) most powerful country stockpiling enough nukes to wipe out most life on earth for some time to come. I dont get scared thinking about a muslim trying to kidnap me, i get scared shitless when i think that the states might fire a nuke for a laugh and fuck over the entire planet.

Think about what you see on the TV and read in the papers before you start calling other ignorant and telling them they are wrong. What you are experiencing is called propaganda, of the very highest form. The propaganda in todays media is horrendous.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
just to bring an example of one type of nutter terrorist type

there was recently a murder near me where a 15 yr old boy was attacked by a group of muslim youths who burned him and chopped him up etc

the boys did this as some previous nite some white guy wound them up so they went out to trawl the streets enraged looking for someone to

"cut of their head and gouge out their eyes"

their words not mine, its worrying that this minority are allowed to continue giving muslims a bad name. If i was the good guy muslims i would have kicked their arse by now

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
I dont want to hijack Oblimov's thread and if you like we can discuss it via PM's. I ain't ignorant and there are a lot of arguments to discuss and tbh I wouldn't like to do it via a public forum and plus the fact that I don't feel I can fully exress myself with my english. Many times what I have said have been interpreted with another way (plus the fact that I am at work and I dont have the time to write). PM me if you like to discuss.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
cover their desk in bacon...they'll love that :)

btw not meant to be racist or ignorant, just funny :p

also i'm "meant" to be a muslim, but

1) was schooled in Church of England schools from 5-18
2) love bacon and pork related products
3) love alcohol and alcohol related products
4) love products with incorporate bacon and alcohol together
5) love gambling ...Las Vegas ftw!
6) enjoy(ed) the company of far to many ladies when i was single

so i'm going straight to hell it seems :flame:

ohhh satan, fancy a bacon sani with a pint?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
rod-up-your-arse

Don't put me up your arse :(

Swearing is culture these days, I'm sure the older generations find it more offensive than the younger. I don't find it offensive at all, but I'm probably used to it, Beeks swears on Teamspeak like he's got 1 ball constantly trapped in a cheese grater. Then again we all do. Swear. Not get our balls trappped in cheese graters.

:touch:

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh swearing on the workfloor can clear alot of tension and shit, and if there's one retard complaining he doesnt like it... no cookies for him anymore.

There's 2 gay guys at my work (a pc store) and im calling em fucking faggots all the time, and my boss joins in. they dont give a fuck really which is great.

They did call me a fucking heterosexual one time, i think i've never been called that b4 :)
so, swear like a drunk priest on the workfloor, it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom