Swe euro vote?

K

Keogh

Originally posted by old.job
Oh and Keogh, I disagree bout old Queenie, anyone who want's rid off her just doesn't realise how the world works, any dimwit could look at her sat there on the throne with all that money and shout, fook her off what a waste!!!
But her job and her place in the world is one of Britains greatest assets, she makes hundres of times more money for this country than she costs, how many ordinary people could say that about their job?
All that pomp and ceromony and snobbishness is part and parcle of the package, OK it's just a big show, but how many people come out to visit the King of Denmark when he tours the world?

WELL DONE SWEDEYS, YOU REJECTED IT :clap: :clap:

Thats a pretty big generalisation you've made there. I don't like having a royal family cause it perpetuates the class system in this country. At the end of the day all her family was in history, apart from German, was land owners. They owned more land than others.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Keogh
Thats not what I'm saying. We should have been in from the very start of all this so we could have been in the driving seat, but even though now we wouldn't it would be a huge mistake not to join the Euro long term.

We run the risk of isolating ourselves and that can only be bad in the long run.

OMG you have a time machine.

We are isolated from the rest of Europe, not just psyhically but in nearly every way possible......there is also just a general resentment/mistrust of most our European neighbours.

Small/poorer countries like Estonia will normally always vote to join the EU because the advantages of being in the EU are massive for these countries, since poorer countries get a lot more out than what they put in to the EU.

So far Brown's economic tests haven't even been reached and after this you have to convince the public about the Euro, which isn't likely to happen any time in the next 10 years. At this point the fact we had remained outside of the Euro for so long would most probably be frowned upon by the other Euro members.

We will disagree over this subject but at the end of the day I would rather be looking at the Euro countries from the outside of the prison ;)

O

old.job

Weren't the Estonians voting to join the European union, but the Swedes were voting to join the Euro?

Yes Ning our combined GNP's does exceed America's, but we get a 1/3 less for our cash, because of waste, bickering intercountry red tape(which is getting worse not better).
Europe spends the same as the Americans on defence, but our total defence assets are a 1/3 of the Americans( that was until Bush got in and starting spending a shed loads more, we now lag so far behind it's a joke).
The simple fact is that there are so many broke-ass countries in Europe that they will pull us down, all the economic predictions are based on these countries 'promises' for economic reform.
:rolleyes:

D

dr_doctor

Nerf the result.

It sucks and shows that swedes should play Mincers since they lack the guts to enter the Union in full.

I voted YES with a lot of !!!!! afterwords.

O

old.job

You know what I hate about the Euro?
It's name, it's so naff, it reminds me of 1970's Eurovision song contest entries.

I mean what imagination, it's like calling the Dollar the Amer

It just reduces all those amazing cultures to one single cheesy level.
I flew back into England one year and a new sign said Europeans this way, I then started looking for the other sign saying Brits this way, so did many others.
Guess that sums it up :)

N

ning

Europe spends the same as the Americans on defence

no. We (=Europe) spend 1/5 of what Americans spend on defence. Don't forget that most of the european country have no army.

N

ning

You know what I hate about the Euro?
It's name, it's so naff, it reminds me of 1970's Eurovision song contest entries.

I mean what imagination, it's like calling the Dollar the Amer

It just reduces all those amazing cultures to one single cheesy level.
I flew back into England one year and a new sign said Europeans this way, I then started looking for the other sign saying Brits this way, so did many others.
Guess that sums it up :)

It was Ecu (European Currency Unit or something like that) at the beginning but in german ECU mean "a cow" ...

As far as I am concerned, I voted "yes" to Euro neither for the name nor for what that can give to my country, but because I am EUROPEAN. I am European before being french/german, my money is EURO.

Just look at your family tree, and you'll be surprised you're not a *real* <insert the name of your country> ...
The only thing you can be sure is if you are European or not ...

H

Hrogar

I don't see why it's so bad with us being outside this eurothing. We've been in it for almost ten years now, and what has it given us? They take 20 billions each year and give it to wealthy, french farmers, while we instead get 5 billions back and are forced to rename our strawberries and cucumbers (Nope, I am serious :p )... this union is a good idea, but not as it is being run at the moment. Just look at where all the money ends up. They've got two humongous parlamentbuildings in Strasbourg exclusively that cost a couple of fortunes to build, one in which they've never worked because it was too ugly. Not to mention the politicians paychecks...
I say yes to the union but no to it's current state! And Börje Salming for president!

H

Hargh

Hooray to sweden. Kick in the balls to euro beurocracy and Tony Blair.

N

ning

Originally posted by Hrogar
They've got two humongous parlamentbuildings in Strasbourg exclusively that cost a couple of fortunes to build,

I'm from Strasbourg and I don't know what you mean by saying "2 parlament buildings". There is only one parlament in Strasbourg.

O

old.job

Ning I've checked my family tree, it appears I am an African, my last human ancestor evolved from apes somewhere in the Serengeti.
It doesn't matter were you came from, it matters who you think you are now, my great, great grandfather was Spanish, but I still think the Spanish should be kicked out of Europe till they stop Bullfighting.

Why isn't this thread in OFF TOPIC?

C

clearbrook

The UK will never join, we still think you mainlanders are completely nuts.
And we will NEVER be bitches to the French/Germans, never have never will :)

Hehe guess you not English then, AFAIK you still have not managed to kick out the Normans, who pwned the English in 1066!

O

old.Tohtori

Well.

*looks at the thread*

No offense, but since noone else posted it and these threads must have atleast one of these comments, here goes.

Ahem.

Who gives a flying rats ass if Sweden gets euro or not.

Ok, there, now it can be civilized again :p

D

Damon_D

Well I kinda hoped sweden would vote yes , now my fellow danes probably will vote no again..the euro is a great idea , its how its been introduced thats been fucked up...that and that the frenchy's has any saying what so ever ofcourse...

G

Gewny

first off : I voted yes, only because it would be good for me personaly, (I would prolly get more and better paid work).

I dont even dream about understanding wheter or not Euro would be good for Sweden or Europe in the long run, I dont have an degree in economics...

Secondly : One relative to mee did study our family tree, hecouldent go further bach that 1600 something but during all this time we have lived in the same city :D (Karlskorna in South Sweden) and Göteborg.

Althou It seems like I have plenty of relatives in US, but so has many swedes in the southeastpart. (utvandrar områderna)

Highly uninteresting maybe but... I am bored at work... :p

N

ning

Originally posted by Gewny

Althou It seems like I have plenty of relatives in US,

you know, every european have plenty of relatives in US.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by ning
you know, every european have plenty of relatives in US.

I don't :p

I am in no way related to that country. Checked from the family Dos-tree. :D

And proud of it!

N

ning

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
I don't :p

I am in no way related to that country. Checked from the family Dos-tree. :D

And proud of it!

So I change the "every" in "most of" :D :
Most of the europeans have plenty of relatives in US :)

K

Keogh

Originally posted by Embattle
OMG you have a time machine.

I wish. I'd go and steralise your father before you were conceived :D

H

hiban

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Well.Who gives a flying rats ass if Sweden gets euro or not.

Swedes perhaps?

And its in the very interest of every european country to see that as many as possible are part of the crap fully, and not just partly.

O

old.Tohtori

Well it wasn't an actual question in a sense that i meant it. Just something that was missing from this thread :p

But glad you took the time to discuss the antimatter.

O

old.job

If you built a time machine and went back 10 mins, you would have seen yourself come back 10 mins before you got in it.
And then 10 mins later you would get in(you'd have to or what just happened couldn't of) and another 'you' would appear.
This would happen infinitly and instantly, so straight way there would be an infinite number of you.

K

Kharok Svark

Sorry what happened ?

Did the Mids and Albs voted to use the same metal currency, Asterite ?

Is Hib staying with the Diamond Bar ?

<Goes back to his forge>

H

hiban

But if u went back in time 10 mins, and told yourself NOT to go back in time, would the one that went back, get stuck there? and if so, would there be 2 "you"? Or would the one that went back just disspear 10 minutes later, as u didnt port? If he did, could he really gone back in time then? and what happened to the minutes he missed while he was gone, if he dissapeared while telling the "old " you not to port?

H

hiban

and what happends when one goes back in time, to tell his old "me" to go back in time as well? will the first one replace the old "me"?

O

old.job

Nightmare isn't it :)

Suffice to say you aren't going to make one in the future, cos the first thing you would do is go back to tell yourself how to do it.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Keogh
I wish. I'd go and steralise your father before you were conceived :D

That's what your mum said to your dad before you were conceived, sadly for them it failed :p

O

old.Tohtori

You people -really- want Teh Seel to bring his mind into this timemachine discussion? I've been thinking of these things since i first saw a timemachine. Tested a few things also. But i think i shouldn't say anything about the matter, might cause peoples heads to implode.

O

old.job

First saw a timemachine?
Methinks Tohts parents played with his mind at a young age

"what are you putting the washing in mummy?"

"It's a time machine dear, we send the clothes back to before they got dirty"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom