Suspended ?

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
When i was gonna log in today my other acc was suspended i looked at camelot europe and saw that they where suspending cheaters i have never cheated in the whole time of the game.

And the funny thing is the acc suspended only contains my bb and my cabba i really wanna know if someone else got suspended without reason (and please be honest) :)

This is really annoying since this will ruin my christmas play :( please tell if anyone had same prob.

if anybody know any other program that might be mistaken for 3rd part that i dont know of like windowblinds or heck i dont know please help me out

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
I smell somthing fishy. :/ Right now it.. also I would ahve though GOA would have seen you an e-mail says why you have had your account suppended

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Account shared?

Be carefull who you trust now adays ... share your account with someone using radar once = bye bye account.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Sykepleier said:
i'm sure GoA don't just suspend some acc w/o any reason sorry :m00:

i know someone who got his account deleted some time ago by 'accident' :rolleyes:
he got it back tho

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
There will be a good reason, but mistakes get made. If its a genuine case of mistaken blame, Right Now and chase it along.

If its been loaned to someone who used it with cheat progs... <shrugs>

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
or maybe ur credit card expired and they couldent auto renew it ?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jiq said:
When i was gonna log in today my other acc was suspended i looked at camelot europe and saw that they where suspending cheaters i have never cheated in the whole time of the game.

And the funny thing is the acc suspended only contains my bb and my cabba i really wanna know if someone else got suspended without reason (and please be honest) :)

This is really annoying since this will ruin my christmas play :( please tell if anyone had same prob.

if anybody know any other program that might be mistaken for 3rd part that i dont know of like windowblinds or heck i dont know please help me out

did you receive an email saying why you were suspended?

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
thats the thing no email was sent and aye i know many people say "u cant be suspended without a reason" i though so to and would have said same thing 1 day ago but now it happened

and about sharing pass no thats not it and my sec acount is still open thats the wierd thing if i had been using radar or whatever it should have closet my main acc to right ?

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Jiq said:
thats the thing no email was sent and aye i know many people say "u cant be suspended without a reason" i though so to and would have said same thing 1 day ago but now it happened

and about sharing pass no thats not it and my sec acount is still open thats the wierd thing if i had been using radar or whatever it should have closet my main acc to right ?

E-mails have been sent to all accounts that were suspended.

Like suggested several times already file a Rightnow about this and we'll look into it. But since you claim you didn't receive an e-mail I'm assuming this has little to do with the suspension wave.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
If your account was suspended for -any- reason you would have received an email to the email addy registered to that account. As the mail comes from a noreply@goa addy there is a chance that you received it however your spam filters ate it.

When in doubt RightNow it.

And nerf Xalin for hitting enter 90 seconds before I did!

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
it seems abit odd that lots and lots of people got suspended, yet for all i know.. only 10% ish of them recieved emails.. someone went nuts with a suspend key? :eek:

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Sobek said:
it seems abit odd that lots and lots of people got suspended, yet for all i know.. only 10% ish of them recieved emails.. someone went nuts with a suspend key? :eek:

See my previous comment concerning emails coming from noreply [AT] goa <dot> com additionally if the email account registered to the game account is no longer valid you obviously won't get a message either.

/edit email addy

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Sobek said:

We don't suspend people for no reason. We also don't suspend people without sending them an email detailing why they were suspended. Remember though that the emails we send will be sent to the registered email address for the account, if that address is no longer up to date or is eating emails from noreply addresses (as many webmail hosts do these days), then they may not have seen an email.

In my time I've seen many people complain either to RightNow or on forums etc that they've been suspended for no reason/without recieving an email. Every single one that I've followed up to check had had an email despatched. People will claim what they like as regards to being banned without due cause, however I am confident that anyone who has been banned has been banned for a good reason and has had an email sent to them explaining why. I can count on the fingers of one hand the total number of suspensions that have been overturned because of a mistake on our side where we banned or suspended an account wrongly.

I'm not going to comment on Jiq's situation as 1: I'm on holiday and can't check the details from home (for obvious security reasons) and 2: I won't ever discuss this sort of thing on forums.

I'd repeat the advice given above - if you genuinely haven't recieved an email and have no idea why you've been suspended then RightNow it. Also check the spam and privacy settings for the mailbox you have your account registered to.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
More like they'll pretend they have no idea why they've been banned and would rather confuse the issue with some anti-Goa whine than get found out by the community as radar abusing lamers.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

Hmm .. did I read that wrong or did you just go from reading a post by _one_ person that _might_ have been suspended and _might not_ have received an e-mail about it... to stating only only 10% got an e-mail?

Stlong

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
aye i must say that it might be the case since my email have changed so i wont argue with that ofc

i did put in new email in rightnow msg though but i really wanna know why so i guess i have to wait for an answer but i do wanna know if there is any other programs other then "real" cheats that might be mistaken for something else .

since i havent done anything wrong i put my trust in goa that it will be corrected just sad that i wanted to play on weekend .

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
to GM i do appreciate that u guys r there to see to it that everything work ofc and i dont complain about that u did something wrong i guess there must be some kind of reason but i would like to know about is if there might be a miss and if something other then a "cheat" program can cause this ?

i know i didnt do anything and ill wait 4 an answer but what if this happen to me again and i still dont know the cause of it i gotta say i dont try to whine thread was made becouse i wanted to see if this happened to anyone else

i did got a few others claiming same thing as me though as GM said i cant say i know if it is true or not since i dont know.

i can only speak 4 myself i will await answer from right now but if u GM reading any moore of this please tell me from ur experience if u encountered any other program can do this im sure it will be sorted but i just dont want it to happen again u surely understand that im sure.

will be last thread from me now this thread got a bit out of hand i think i started with 2 simple questions that obviusly got missunderstood by some untill i get an answer i will wait

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
My acc was showned as suspended once when I didnt renew it.

Its supposed to say account closed but said suspended

renewed and it worked again.

was 3-4 patches ago

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
thanx chim for being seriusly about it :) did try to renew didnt work but thanx for good info :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Zenythe said:
If your account was suspended for -any- reason you would have received an email to the email addy registered to that account. As the mail comes from a noreply@goa addy there is a chance that you received it however your spam filters ate it.

Going a bit offtopic from the original post here, but why are such emails sent from an address which will either bounce or be ignored? I understand that sending many mails may generate many bounces/replies, which can be ignored if sent from a no-reply address, however ignoring them could be a problem!

If someone keeps renewing without realising that their email address listed in the subscription pages is wrong, what will happen when an important message that is sent to that address? An account suspended email is one such example, although its only a minor inconvenience. However if something similar to the hacking incident happens again with all the account passwords being reset and sent to the incorrect email address, then it could be a problem.

Sending emails from a no-reply addresses is bad! :(

Excuse the rant. :p

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Jig mate .....
I dont know you from Adam so I am not going to form an opinion as to whether you are genuine or simply fishing for an excuse.
However .... they have told you what to do.
Rightnow the case and they will look at it.
If you are geniune I sincerly hope they rectify the problem with alacrity.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
I WISH i was a server GM so i could sho ACTUALLY who ALL the cheating faggot scum are...

cos im sure many of those who got banned are making "Bye bye , i dislike NF . im a uber player and i want all your compliments about how your gonna miss me" posts..

when in fact they only leaving game cos they been banned for radar abuse.

isnt there no way u GM' can name and shame?

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Hmm .. did I read that wrong or did you just go from reading a post by _one_ person that _might_ have been suspended and _might not_ have received an e-mail about it... to stating only only 10% got an e-mail?

Stlong

well.. not really, ive heard about Jiq and 3 others who got suspended but without recieving an email. I just found it weird.. but hey! it might be caused by various reason as stated above.

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
m8`s u seem to be missing the picture. I allready said that i will await answer i still wanna know what caused it if we take away all threads in here saying "ur a cheater cause u made this post and we can say u r" and pretend u think im innocent ,think about it, all get cleared up u r glad.

Now 2 weeks l8ter it happen again this time ur account is banned for ever and u still dont know why what would any of u feel ? so i will do this simple :)

This is questions i want answered

1. Pretend im innocent, what could cause it since i guess (dont know) GOA scans in some way for 3rd part programs, stupid example im sitting on msn does this count as 3rd part? (i said stupid example please dont flame on this :p)

2. Did anyone else get this now i heard 3 people getting same so was this a misstake that happened to more then me ? (still pretend im innocent)

thats what i want answered not what to do since i allready did it and is waiting and think of this when flaming me i calling me a cheater it could have been u so please if u dont know dont bother to write.

And Greap m8 good point worth to think about, but in my case i did miss the email on sub was wrong :) so was kinda my fault.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Going a bit offtopic from the original post here, but why are such emails sent from an address which will either bounce or be ignored? I understand that sending many mails may generate many bounces/replies, which can be ignored if sent from a no-reply address, however ignoring them could be a problem!
Sending emails from a no-reply addresses is bad! :(
Excuse the rant. :p

Clueless
The settings of your spam filters are your problem, If you have it set to delete/bounce/ignore a noreply@* then its hardly goa's fault, afaik that has always been the the email address they used, and quite rightly, otherwise they would be flooded with lots of questions etc. far better for them to bounce the email or send it to /dev/null

e-mails of this sort are not many emails, they are one person specific, so is highly unlikely to be seen by a mail server running a spam/defense script as a flood/attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom