Supreme Commander

Whipped

Part of the furniture
My copy was waiting for me when I got home, installing now. Only thing that's annoyed me is that some muppet has put a French Tech Tree chart in my case :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Nice one GAME
Dear Supreme-Commander-In-Training,

I am writing to inform you of a problem with your Supreme Commander order.

It has come to our attention that due to a mix-up at the THQ Logistics Corps, you have been furnished with a French language map with your copy of the game.

Those responsible for this terrible error are now cooling their heels in the Brig awaiting Court Marshall. Meanwhile, we are set to receive new maps, in English, and will despatch them to you as soon as we can. Via Carrier Pigeon. Or Royal Mail.

Over and out.

Brigadier Austin
GAME.co.uk HQ

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
would this playable on 1gig ram, athlon 3700+ and a 7800GT ?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Specs I'm running on

Processor : Intel Duo Core 6300 overclocked to 2.10GHz
Memory : 1GB DDR2
Graphics : PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 4400

Runs smooth as a babies bottom with everything whacked up to the highest settings. Just waiting for my DVI to HDMI cable to arrive so I can try running the map on my monitor and game on my 32" TV :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Specs I'm running on

Processor : Intel Duo Core 6300 overclocked to 2.10GHz
Memory : 1GB DDR2
Graphics : PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 4400

Runs smooth as a babies bottom with everything whacked up to the highest settings. Just waiting for my DVI to HDMI cable to arrive so I can try running the map on my monitor and game on my 32" TV :D

2GIGS is standard nowa days tbh won't be long till you'll need 4gigs to run games such as Crysis etc at a steady framerate.

Word of advice if you do not like HUGE micro manage in RTS games then you will hate this game but if you don't mind it then its a dream to a RTS fan who likes micro.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
downloaded the demo.
seems to be everything ive wanted in an RTS tbh, but im also a C&C fanboi.

so i think im going to leave this, how ever good it is, and hope the new C&C will deliver something on par, or possibly better.

btw, ran like a charm on my pc with everything cranked to the max.

Aada

Part of the furniture
One of the biggest problems this game has IMO is it's just too good to wall yourself in with a shit load of defence points/arty anything that comes near your base will be obliterated due to mass turrets etc.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
One of the biggest problems this game has IMO is it's just too good to wall yourself in with a shit load of defence points/arty anything that comes near your base will be obliterated due to mass turrets etc.

That was the case with the original total annihilation too, there are ways through though - large artillery turrets, bombers and spiderbots.

Game runs fine on 1Gb, main problem with my spec is the CPU, this game is more CPU intensive than graphics especially when you have a couple of AI players. You would need 2Gb if playing on Vista though instead of XP.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah TA was like rock paper scissors - a unit was always good against one thing and weak against another.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone having any problems with sound on this game? Music works fine, plus there's some ambient noise - whir of machinery type thing, but there's no unit acknowledgement sounds/bangs/explosions/movement sounds.

This is both on the demo and the full game. What gives?

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm going to have to wait until the summer to be able to play this. No way would this run reasonably on an Asus A6VA, I'm thinking, and I'm kind of too afraid to try. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've no idea what that is but I'm running it on a P4 2.8HT, 2.5gbs of ram and an X800 XT PE - works fine on high detail. The demo (running less crowded levels on the same graphics settings) ran absolutely crap.

Sound problem turns out my on board sound was set to 5.1 instead of standard 2 channel.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Runs fine except when i use dual monitor mode :<

Sorely dissapointed overall, lost the instant appeal of TA both with a seeming condensing of units and a real lack of overall diversity. I was never a hugely die hard TA fan but it really feels like they could of done so much better, especially since the old recipe worked so well. Too many gimmicks and as someone pointed out micro management options and less actual gameplay. Not to mention dull terrain - wheres my metal maps?!.

Sure some will like this but given the time since its predecessor im saddened.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I like it, although I do hope they punt out extra units and maps for it. The game is meant to be one of the moddable RTS ever so don't knock it down just yet. T.A. took off mostly due to the continuing addons that were brought out for it.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Not come to FH in a long long while. but noticing theres a FH Clan on gpgnet thought i would come say hi.
Im in love with this game. an defenses really arent the end all when u watch many many replays of peoples games.

My PC is a athlon 64 3500+ running at 2.42ghz wit 1.5gb ram, and a 128mb nvidia 6800LE.
If i go above med details it dies. most of the time i run it on low. even then with a few big groups of units slugging it out it starts wanting to choke to death. (waiting for may/june to get a new pc) This is the reason i refuse to venture online yet.

But the campaigns are great fun so far. i love the whole area expanding as u progress on each map. helps keep things focussed and in perspective.
This is just liek TA. Very basic units and stuff. All very similar but with slight differnces. big 1s in the experimental units cases (UFO crashing into a enemies base is so much fun)
The original TA didnt have that many feel free to go back and check. it got a 2/3 expansions and MANY MANY mods and extra units made for it and maps to, which im sure will happen with SC. although i was dissappointed to not find that 4player totally metal map that was in the orignal TA. probably 1 of my faves. but theres some quality maps here.
I paticulary cant wait to do a good 4v4 on setons clutch.
And when u see people making use of the bumps and hills in ground for tactical purposes. i wouldnt call the terrain dull by any means. esp on high settings i think most o it looks amazing. i have seen a guy roll upto a base stacked with defense. sit a bunch of arty just outside behind this little bumpy bit. and just hit away constantly while they defenses hit the bump from being poorly positioned.

Some of the games i have watched and replays make u think wow. nice tactics.
Esp on larger maps. 1v1 on big open maps defense whoring can lead to u being raped from behind.
Also watching some replays will do wonders for you at the start of your supcom life. theres 1 in paticular that is about 6mins long and shows u the near perfect starting for a land based map to get units churning out keeping mass and nrg coming in. spend some time looking through the vaults now if i were you as theres going to be more and more to look through soon enough. over 30k games played already :touch: gonna be harder to find the 1s u wanna see.

Anyway. if im online in gpgnet an u wanna chat. and eventually have a match or just want another friend to add feel free to add me. LlamaFarmer
:sex:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Seems different systems like or don't like Sup com

My system is not alot different from yours- amd3400 64 2 gigs of ram ddr400 and 256mb x850pro and i have everything turned on max except shadows.

I think this game needs 2 gigs of ram to run nicely really.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It seems ok performance wise at first but the big battles really hammer the shit out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom