Supreme Commander: First Online Preview! (TA2)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Why oh why did I not notice this any sooner?!

Not since C&C:Generals have I been so excited about a PC game. Not too sure about the title, but everything else...:O

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Original TA still ownz all. just wish it would work on my new pc rather than having to use my crappy old 1.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
It's a shame they had the problems as regarding not having rights to the name, I think people would have noticed "Total Annihilation 2" a lot sooner but it's ill fated that something like that happened.

Still, from what ive gathered its most of the original team working on this and it looks promising.

Hope it's going to live up to what I think it'll be.

I hope they allow the mod-ability of the last one too, I loved all the lovely unit packs, uncliding the Arm Dreadnought, gave them something to fight the stupidly strong core krogoth with, before I got that unit, if I was fighting against core, if they built a krogoth it usually spelt disaster and it really pissed me off how all the ones playing core online were twatty 12 year olds.

Although, I do admit, if I had my defense up with my rapid fire heavy laser cannons, id normally obliterate anyone who came within range of my base. :p

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
It's arguably better that this isn't known as TA, because it means Chris Taylor can create something unique, instead of being "limited" by the story of TA.

Gotta love the nuke pic though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sharma said:
It's a shame they had the problems as regarding not having rights to the name, I think people would have noticed "Total Annihilation 2" a lot sooner but it's ill fated that something like that happened.

Still, from what ive gathered its most of the original team working on this and it looks promising.

Hope it's going to live up to what I think it'll be.

I hope they allow the mod-ability of the last one too, I loved all the lovely unit packs, uncliding the Arm Dreadnought, gave them something to fight the stupidly strong core krogoth with, before I got that unit, if I was fighting against core, if they built a krogoth it usually spelt disaster and it really pissed me off how all the ones playing core online were twatty 12 year olds.

Although, I do admit, if I had my defense up with my rapid fire heavy laser cannons, id normally obliterate anyone who came within range of my base. :p

Not really played it to pro level but I thought the orig was balanced. maybe you just poo and didn't know the appropriate counter :)

*bitch*

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Wij said:
Not really played it to pro level but I thought the orig was balanced. maybe you just poo and didn't know the appropriate counter :)

*bitch*

Yeah Krogoth was definately balanced in the eyes of Core, maybe not Arm though, sending in a Krogoth with missles flying all over and lasers blasting everything, was like....right ok, walking devastation. :p

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Well I would like to think I win due to my l33t tactics rather than because I out gun the enemy 10 to 1 :( :p

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
But sometimes theres nothing like seeing thousand units take on ten. Rome Total War is a great example of how cool mass numbers can be.

Aada

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
But sometimes theres nothing like seeing thousand units take on ten. Rome Total War is a great example of how cool mass numbers can be.

Problem with TW was that i never really felt i had control of my units.. plus everyone wanted to be the Army with those HUGE PIKES that were impossible to beat once in a box formation with archers in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom