• Im a hib, and im gonna join the event

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Im not coming

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
I was out soloing on my nightshade, was on beno bridge when i saw this pug alb grp with several warders in it. I did expect them just to camp the bridge waiting to kill any soloer that might come along, but they actually roamed around and thats when it hit me.. One of the major differences between Old Frontiers and New Frontiers is that back then people were more willing to make pug groups and go out and meet other pug groups or the odd set group. I guess it all changed when people got more minded at making set groups, guild groups or only groups with people they knew. I kinda miss those times where you could just log in, join some random group, lower your expectations, and go out and have some fun. Now people just roll on their solo char and run around meeting other solo chars or solo chars with a DI bot stuck to them. Gets quite tedious after a while, especially for the solo visual chars that arent opped to kill other solo chars.

Thats why im proposing a "Pug Day" hoping that people will forget their solo char for one day and try and make Pugs. The idea is to have a BG up in all realms where ppl can join and find/make groups and then head out to Agramon to meet other pug groups. Im gonna open a BG in hib at 1900 CET on my warden, meeting in drum cain and start making my own PUG hoping others will do the same. Will just need a volunteer from both mid and alb to do the same if there is any interest. As we will be rvring in Agramon where there might be some set grps and guild groups that roam there on regular basis, i must encourage everyone coming on this little event to respect the unwritten rules that is in Agramon. As in, do not add on FG vs FG fights, no matter who it is and no matter what realms it is. Do not attack people that are resting.

Made a poll to see if there is any interest-

So join this little event and lower you expectations for one day, forget about the perfect setup, the perfect playstyle, forget about only playing with guildies and good friends and lets see how many pugs we can drag out to Agramon that day. Hope to see most of you there :)

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
I was out soloing on my nightshade, was on beno bridge when i saw this pug alb grp with several warders in it. I did expect them just to camp the bridge waiting to kill any soloer that might come along, but they actually roamed around and thats when it hit me.. One of the major differences between Old Frontiers and New Frontiers is that back then people were more willing to make pug groups and go out and meet other pug groups or the odd set group. I guess it all changed when people got more minded at making set groups, guild groups or only groups with people they knew. I kinda miss those times where you could just log in, join some random group, lower your expectations, and go out and have some fun. Now people just roll on their solo char and run around meeting other solo chars or solo chars with a DI bot stuck to them. Gets quite tedious after a while, especially for the solo visual chars that arent opped to kill other solo chars.

Thats why im proposing a "Pug Day" hoping that people will forget their solo char for one day and try and make Pugs. The idea is to have a BG up in all realms where ppl can join and find/make groups and then head out to Agramon to meet other pug groups. Im gonna open a BG in hib at 1900 CET on my warden, meeting in drum cain and start making my own PUG hoping others will do the same. Will just need a volunteer from both mid and alb to do the same if there is any interest. As we will be rvring in Agramon where there might be some set grps and guild groups that roam there on regular basis, i must encourage everyone coming on this little event to respect the unwritten rules that is in Agramon. As in, do not add on FG vs FG fights, no matter who it is and no matter what realms it is. Do not attack people that are resting.

Made a poll to see if there is any interest-

So join this little event and lower you expectations for one day, forget about the perfect setup, the perfect playstyle, forget about only playing with guildies and good friends and lets see how many pugs we can drag out to Agramon that day. Hope to see most of you there :)

You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Mastade <3 Good idea! Im sure people will join in!

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Mastade <3 Good idea! Im sure people will join in!

Love you to Sollers :p

Haladrid

Banned
It'll just be happy farming for the rr8+ PuG groups (like yours most probably). The high rr groups will still only let in high rr players so as usual there will just be a masacre of low rrs and I don't want to fall into that trap. I don't really see the point in coming, but I guess thats just me, good luck with it anyways.

tierk

Part of the furniture
lol u feel sorry for the pug grps already, u r so gonna get rolled by the set grps that run in agramon. Got to say a great way to make free rp's for the set grps. Anyone remeber that old cartoon with a big fat cow dressed as a alb and with a caption "rp" only difference will be that it could be anyone on this event :D

oOOOooopsie Daisy i let the cat out of the bag......

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Haladrid said:
It'll just be happy farming for the rr8+ PuG groups (like yours most probably). The high rr groups will still only let in high rr players so as usual there will just be a masacre of low rrs and I don't want to fall into that trap. I don't really see the point in coming, but I guess thats just me, good luck with it anyways.
maybe the point is to introduce 8v8 in agramon to ppl who have never had the chance to do it, mayhaps they will get interested and find other ppl in the same situation and make a regular group? What 'trap' is there to fall in, the worst that can happen is you get killed in an internet game, personally I'd love to get killed in our midgrp cause that means we got someone to fight who's worth our time!

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Well honestly, this event isn't for people that are afraid to die in an online game. Because obviously most of the pugs will die to the set groups, mine to since im not gonna make a 1337 pug consisting of high RR's, but a pug with those that join the bg first and that i find needed. This event is mainly for those that have been dying to run in FG rvr but for various reasons havent been able to do so. Im just trying to bring some life to the server and i still hope to see alot on the event, and those that doesnt wanna come, well you can do your daily routine of logging in ur opped solo char and ur bb, buff up, go out to the nearest bridge and have your own fun. Im not forcing you to come, you can do what you like. But please dont put the people down that are gonna come. Especially when they have the balls to do something you dont.

ps. Can some alb and mid please volunteer to start a bg in ur realm around the same time as mine?

Haladrid

Banned
Eleasias said:
maybe the point is to introduce 8v8 in agramon to ppl who have never had the chance to do it, mayhaps they will get interested and find other ppl in the same situation and make a regular group? What 'trap' is there to fall in, the worst that can happen is you get killed in an internet game, personally I'd love to get killed in our midgrp cause that means we got someone to fight who's worth our time!

This kind of event will only put off people who never had to chance to go to Agramon, I know I was. Both sides won't enjoy it, the lower RR groups will just get farmed and the higher RR groups will be posed no challenge and get bored. With this idea you're just sending pigs to a slaughterhouse.

I was just speaking literally when I said 'falling into a trap'. I just get the idea that you send these low RR PuGs to Agramon so they can be farmed 24/7, and don't lie, you know low RR PuGs will pose no challenge to your group.

Not trying to attack you or anything, I think you mean well but most of us have been there and done that and I think we'll stick to our own things while you stick to yours, however I may be wrong.

Edit: Mastarde, it's not that I 'don't have the balls to do it', it's just that I don't want to be wasting my time being farmed by high RR groups when I have better things to do. You certainly won't attract people to come by saying they are wimps if they don't want to.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Well as far as I know there's a lot of people eager for an opportunity to make a regular group so they can play 8vs8, here's a chance to find similiar minded people :p I don't care if you come, I'm not even sure if I will play myself but its a great opportunity to kick some more life into cluster fg scene.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Haladrid said:
Edit: Mastarde, it's not that I 'don't have the balls to do it', it's just that I don't want to be wasting my time being farmed by high RR groups when I have better things to do. You certainly won't attract people to come by saying they are wimps if they don't want to.

Well its all cool, i didn't expect the entire server to come along, cuz i know for alot of people that the thought of getting killed by high RR set groups isn't the best reason to come along. Im not trying to feed rps to the regular set groups, this is just an opportunity for those that wants to do FG rvr but havent had the chance to do so. The pugs on this event shouldn't let themselves down because they get overun by a set grp, they should bare in mind that those groups have the odds in the favour. Killing one or two in those grps should be a victory in itself. Also remember, you will have the chance to meet other similiar pugs where the odds are more equal.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Freddyshouse bait for free rps to come ........ this game is so dead it seems

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Well as far as I know there's a lot of people eager for an opportunity to make a regular group so they can play 8vs8, here's a chance to find similiar minded people :p I don't care if you come, I'm not even sure if I will play myself but its a great opportunity to kick some more life into cluster fg scene.

we can play our shitty alts ftw!

my rogged up vamp + your ghetto eld + stajs shitnightshade! :D

on a more serious note: this idea will only be fun for everyone if all groups that meet are somewhat equal in strength. too bad this is absolutely impossible to ensure :p either way, mastade isn't baiting, he's just hoping for a group first time in all these years! :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
i must encourage everyone coming on this little event to respect the unwritten rules that is in Agramon. As in, do not add on FG vs FG fights, no matter who it is and no matter what realms it is. Do not attack people that are resting.

tbh if this is just for fun, leave rules at the door.

We do a similar on the US servers quite often and it's a blast because you have fg's roaming all over the place and you sometimes end up with 3fg v 3fg fights which is serious fun. Your polishing off one group and another one rucks up, they get the upper hand and often another group will roll up and even the score. Ok sometimes you get rolled by 2 fg's, but it's still fun as you know where to find them and can get some payback quite quickly.

I like the idea, but i see this "no-add" thing as a bit carebear-ish (it's like having a fight irl but saying "no punching in the nuts" ;)).

tierk

Part of the furniture
Mastade said:
Especially when they have the balls to do something you dont.

errr i dont think balls has anything to do with it mate. Its a question of logic. I mean what the hell is the point of running a pug grp in aggra when we all know that u going to get arse raped by some high rr <insert realm> set grp that is going to take the piss. to top it off you asking peeps to respect the unwritten rules of no adding policy when u know full well that will probably be the only way that any of these pug grps have of getting any kinda of kills.

If u running pug grps i would strongly suggest u stay well clear of aggra and just go about irvr zone more fun and less frustration unless yer idea of fun night rvr is run insta killed /release, rebuff, rinse and repeat.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
tbh if this is just for fun, leave rules at the door.

We do a similar on the US servers quite often and it's a blast because you have fg's roaming all over the place and you sometimes end up with 3fg v 3fg fights which is serious fun. Your polishing off one group and another one rucks up, they get the upper hand and often another group will roll up and even the score. Ok sometimes you get rolled by 2 fg's, but it's still fun as you know where to find them and can get some payback quite quickly.

I like the idea, but i see this "no-add" thing as a bit carebear-ish (it's like having a fight irl but saying "no punching in the nuts" ;)).

Well i understand.. Im only trying to encourage them not to, but i understand that some pugs might do so, and im not gonna cry my hearts out if i get added on by another pug. Its what pugs tend to do :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
tierk said:
errr i dont think balls has anything to do with it mate. Its a question of logic. I mean what the hell is the point of running a pug grp in aggra when we all know that u going to get arse raped by some high rr <insert realm> set grp that is going to take the piss. to top it off you asking peeps to respect the unwritten rules of no adding policy when u know full well that will probably be the only way that any of these pug grps have of getting any kinda of kills.

If u running pug grps i would strongly suggest u stay well clear of aggra and just go about irvr zone more fun and less frustration unless yer idea of fun night rvr is run insta killed /release, rebuff, rinse and repeat.

Read my other posts dude.. you are not forced to come. I fully understand if you, and others for that sake, dont like to die to set groups. Im suggestion people to go Agramon because thats where the FG rvr is, its not at bridges, its not at irvr areas, since that is just zergy areas. If there is a pug that gets tired of dieing in Agramon to the set groups, then be my guest and leave for other areas, as long as there is a PUG running around im well happy..

tierk

Part of the furniture
Mastade said:
Im suggestion people to go Agramon because thats where the FG rvr is, its not at bridges, its not at irvr areas

Well good luck with it though has to be said aggra is one of the worst zones for fg rvr why not take it to somewhere else (maybe one of the other zones like alb or mid)? Also as i have said in all me above posts i wanna see how badly the pugs going to get owned by the high rr grps that are going abuse the fuck out of em.
Dont see much of a future for this event tbh but good luck.

**Edit** seen lots of pugs running about last couple of weeks, well since cm skanked our relic, in irvr and near bridges and tbh has been a lot of fun as u can have good fg fights with the added spice of adds joining in and totally rolling you.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Should just add away, will be way too uneven between some grps otherwise.

teratera

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

It's kinda a unwritten rule not to punch the other one in the nuts tho, thats really lame:)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like good fun, like ol' times :D running with all kind of weird crap setups could rox

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
really nice idea and i hope it all works out. there's a risk though that you end up having 1-2 setupgrps just plowing through all and that the PuG:grps never get to fight eachother. but if it works then it should be alot of fun. think i'll try to log onto alb for this, anyone need a cabalist or cleric? :D

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
tbh ive been in some PUG's over the last 4 months or so, and on the odd occaision we have gone to agramon we have had alot of fun and some good fights (mostly lost but still enjoyable cos of the challenge), as long as ur all out to just have a laugh even dying can be a giggle, specially when its in under 5 secs :p
you will also notice that if u can keep ur PUG together for a few hrs the level of teamwork in the PUG will improve vastly even in that short time span and thats where the good fights will start to come and u will roll some of the other pugs u meet, and then u get the warm fuzzies that a good fg fight brings !!!
im gonna try and get some kind of group goin for this for sure, and u can bet ur ass ill be out there dying to the high rr gg's and the other pugs, but u can also bet ur ass ill be having fun and we might even win the odd fight :)
guess all im saying is give it a go, u might just win a few fights and enjoy it :)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
will be there on my 2h pally :). sounds like fun to.

If you wonder wich one it is, it's the one running around with a big fat hammer :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom