Subscription eMail accounts

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I am thinking of getting a subscription (paid) eMail account, mainly because I might change ISP and it is too expensive to continue to use the eMail address on its own, that and all the spam that never gets filtered.

My requirements are:

* POP/SMTP access via Outlook Express
* Web Access
* Good Spam Filtering, if possible some custom ones too
* Forwarding rules

My not so important requirements are:

* Cost, I am willing to pay to get what I need
* Capacity, I will be downloading into Outlook anyway

I have used Hotmail (Free) and Gmail so far, I must admit that Hotmail's spam filter is quite good and I'd expect better on their paid for service. Gmail looks nice but I am still wary of it being a beta service.

Any suggestions welcome. TIA

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi xane

Personally, I'd stick with Gmail or Hotmail. Gmail, although beta, will remain a free service when it's launched properly and is currently perfectly stable anyway. You get, as I'm sure you know, 1GB of space, POP/SMTP access, webmail, good spam filtering including custom filters, as well as forwarding and labelling rules. It literally meets all your criteria for free. The only services which may become paid for is the POP/SMTP access, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Alternatively, you could buy own own domain name, which can cost as little as £2.95 per year, with some providers allowing for free email forwarding to a Hotmail or Gmail address. This way you can change email providers as often as you like but people need not be aware of this as they can continue to use your @xane... address unbeknownst as to where it gets redirected.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Plenty of www.xane... comains are available :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom