Subscription down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Tohtori

How the hell do you know that the GOA people are home? I can't even count the weekends i've spent at the office when a deadline was coming. It's easy to say "You just fuck off home and don't care!" but it's not that simple. If you don't have a webcam at GOA's office to show that it's empty then you shouldn't make assumptions. I bet they want to get the subs up asap and even quicker since they loose cash every day their not up.

N

ning

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
How the hell do you know that the GOA people are home? I can't even count the weekends i've spent at the office when a deadline was coming. It's easy to say "You just fuck off home and don't care!" but it's not that simple. If you don't have a webcam at GOA's office to show that it's empty then you shouldn't make assumptions.

It's the week end and GOA people are working in Germany (Games Convention in Leipzig)

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1253

O

old.Tohtori

Still can't read german :p And as everyone knows, well, everyone in the gamebusiness, no company leaves fullcrew into there things. I'm guessing about 3-5 people from GOA are there.

C

choonz

Originally posted by ning
Croissant with wine ? :puke:

Well while im generalising i may as well be inaccurate too.

How the hell do you know that the GOA people are home? I can't even count the weekends i've spent at the office when a deadline was coming. It's easy to say "You just fuck off home and don't care!" but it's not that simple. If you don't have a webcam at GOA's office to show that it's empty then you shouldn't make assumptions. I bet they want to get the subs up asap and even quicker since they loose cash every day their not up.

Well do you see the subs page up? I dont. Its been down 4 days. That either means 1) They have gone home (most likely) 2) They are massively incompetent (nuff said) 3) They are sat in the office playing network Pong.
I have news for you too, unless they are willing to say more than they have ill assume as much as i damn well please. Estimate on downtime maybe? Cause of problem?
If they gave us information, we wouldnt have to assume.

O

old.Tohtori

Again. Why give info if it's only going to be: "Still fixing the system."

You still don't understand that people can actually work weekends? And this is no little problem that can wait. Ever done something like they do? How do you know how long it takes. If they gave estimates on the downtime you'd only whine when they can't meet the date.

C

choonz

Of course i understand people can work weekends, i work 12 hour shifts that usually include them, and weekend NIGHT shifts to boot.
I am a paying customer, and i demand more info that this. And until i get more info , as i said before ill assume just what the hell i please.
I have never done anything like this no, and never will, as my profession lies elsewhere.
I tell you one thing though, if we are ever carrying out work for a PAYING CUSTOMER, you are damned sure they know exactly what is happening, estimated time it will take and they get an update at every change in the situation.
It only takes them 5 minutes to add a comment to the site saying "We are working on this one over the weekend, we arent quite sure how long it will take exactly, but rest assured it will take no longer than x Days"

D

dukat_lionheart

old.tohtori
everything you say is more or less true. The problem is that the page has been down for quite a while now, poeple are getting annoyed, as there seems to be no updates from GOA on how they are doing, even if they just said "STILL WORKING" it would be somthing, at the moment all we have is just the error on the subs page. yes, there is a lot of stuff to do besides DAOC, but then again, we do (or would if we could) PAY to play the game. that in itself is a reason enough that this really shouldnt happen, and now that it has, we get no real news from GOA except an error page and a news item all of 5 lines long. (if that) and 2 days old

if they would just say "STILL WORKING, WILL TAKE ANOTHER (day/week/month/year)" it would atleast let us know not to sit waiting.

W

Wai

Ppl aren't so pissed off at the fact that the sub pages are down tbh if we all had warning or if we all got told a little more than wot we all did then i thnk alot less ppl would be here angry. Anyone who thinks the way the paying customers of goa have been treated atm is good customer relations or fair to us is more of a moron than that russel mong who scams accs for, wot seems, a living.

All they have to say is "The acc pages were taken down on the 20TH without warning for reason x. We apoligise for this and are working on getting them back up asap. We estimate it will take y days to get them up." 3 simple lines that would have
1) told us the truth
2) gave us alot more information than we have atm
3) give us a rough eta of when the pages will be back up

even a rough... ROUGH eta of when the pages will be back up would be a godsend. When u're sat at home and all u wanna do is just go on and talk to a m8 whilst palying a game having a eta of when i can go back on would stop me having to get up every 5 mins in the hope that a miracle has happened and either more info has been given bout the prob or the subs pages are back up.

Still nm guess goa have a good reason for this and i'm sure... they will explain wot happened and y they couldn't tell us 1 word of info till then

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by choonz
Of course i understand people can work weekends, i work 12 hour shifts that usually include them, and weekend NIGHT shifts to boot.
I am a paying customer, and i demand more info that this. And until i get more info , as i said before ill assume just what the hell i please.
I have never done anything like this no, and never will, as my profession lies elsewhere.

Anyone who works in it support where customers involved (and money isn't beeing made) should be workign their arses off 24/7 until the problem is fixed... Fortunately in all my years in it support I've only had this on a few occasions, but I've pulled 3 and nights days solid work at weekends before when the work was needed.

Although it has to be said, if there was a security breach on the registration system I can see why they have pulled it until they can find it. If there is a vulnerabity it should be offline until they can find and plug that hole. I'm pissed off as I've got a second account i need to register, but on the other hand I'm reassured they are dealing with this and are pulling the system until it's fixed... But the lack of concrete information is a bit of an arse, they should be putting in updates as to what is going on, even if just to say they are still working on it.

I know in my current position as an IT manager at an institution which deals with scary amounts of customer money (stockbrokers) that if I don't keep the customers informed of what is going on then my balls will probably literally be nailed to the wall.......

L

Lorath

what Wai said

closing thread, pointless to have it up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread