STV:EF CTF map addition

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Can't download. It says address is unavailable. And just now a liitle error box popped up.

O

old.Johnny Jackal

No same result. The download demon opens but stays at 0%. The opening page is just an ACTION CANCELLED SCREEN.

Hope this helps.

B

bennyboy

OOPSIE!

Those of you that know me will expect to see far more typos than that usually :D

(thats why most of my posts have been edited :)

Benny

PS I've corrected the original now too

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Where? Still the above 2 addresses don't work.

B

bennyboy

They work fine for me.... are you behind a firewall?

Benny

O

old.Johnny Jackal

No.

I'll try again later. They've stop paying me now. I'll try from home (but I can't send any more replies because I haven't a clue what my password is).

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Great got it this time. Now I have the zip where do I open it to?

B

bennyboy

There's a readme in the zip that says where.... but you need to unzip it to the /basef folder

Benny

G

/baseef

it says in the readme file inside the zip :)

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Cheers. The readme doesn't mention that you have to take the map file out of the created folder though. I hope this helps.

It's an excellent map. I'll look forward to some multi-play with it at barrys tomorrow night. I hope there's more to come.

Nice easy few mega-byte downloads like this is what we want rather than the impossible to download counterstrike monstrosities (I doubt I'll ever be able to play that with a 56k modem).

B

bennyboy

CS is really really worth the download! CS Beta 7.0 _should_ be on this months crop of magazines, you'll then only need to get the 4mb 7.1 upgrade to be able to play (HalfLife 1.1.0.1 should also be on the coverdisks by now).

Regards,

Benny

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Cheers, I'll give it another go *sigh*

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Geothermal

Ok the coder of this level, Jeromy at Raven says that the file should stay within the folder or you won't be able to connect to pure servers (but later says that this isn't always the case). To make the level work from within the folder he said you have to tick some box somewhere blah blah tech stuff and gubbins. If anyone understands this and thinks it is important to keep the map in the folder could you please explain.

My mentality is more like the team leader bloke (I even forget names) in SG1 than 7 of 9.

B

bennyboy

Hi,

The map has been pulled fromt he cycle for the moment because of 'issues'.

Watch this space.

Benny

Users who are viewing this thread