STUDENTS: Windows 7 for £30

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wonder if while doing an open uni course qualifys me for that

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Goes off to ask his sister for her uni email address login.... :)

As long as you have access to a .ac.uk email address, you can get it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i get it free off msdnaa so someone can have my uni email address if they want

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Yeah, I should get it too when they're released. But for people who aren't in the MSDNAA, this is good.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance - Selected schools join up with MS to get free shit basically. As long as they teach using it I guess.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
its usually only available to people on computing related courses as well

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
is this os any good then?

compared to Vista? oh you have no idea....

they basically swiped all the goodness from both Vista and XP and left all the crappy bits out in this OS. i honestly dont know how it can be any better :)

this is one OS i actually WANT to give m$ money for :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Well for 30 squid im gonna get it. Vista
is teh loose an seriously hurting my poor widdul pc.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik is right. Win7 is a HUGE improvement over Vista.
Put it this way, I'm using Win7 RC2 as my main desktop OS at home (until next summer when the killswitch kicks in).

Lethul

FH is my second home
Microsoft products are free for students over here :p At least my school. Can't get it to work tho, i fail at making an bootable USB stick :(

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Good on you MS. Catch 'em while they're young and you're sorted. Let's face it, that's worked for the last 20-30 years ...

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Thats very nice - thanks for the heads up!
I have a man.ac account with at least two aliases - come october, I'm gonna buy two :england:

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Unfortunately my course finishes at the start of next month, gonna have to use the missus's uni e-mail.

Great bargain though! Definitely don't mind paying 30 quid for it, finally an excuse to switch to 64-bit and stick some extra RAM in the laptop!

Syri

FH is my second home
The only catch with this offer, it's the upgrade version, so you need to already have a legit copy of XP or Vista. Long as you have one of those, it's a real bargain.
If you've not got a legit copy, you can grab the full, non-upgrade version if windows 7 for £65 from a lot of retailers, including Scan, and I think Amazon have it too.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
The only catch with this offer, it's the upgrade version, so you need to already have a legit copy of XP or Vista. Long as you have one of those, it's a real bargain.
If you've not got a legit copy, you can grab the full, non-upgrade version if windows 7 for £65 from a lot of retailers, including Scan, and I think Amazon have it too.

Oh gash. Diddn't read it that closely. Whenever I use an upgrade of windows there are always issues. Might just fork out for the full version then.

Syri

FH is my second home
you can still do a fresh install with an upgrade version, you just need to provide proof that you have an original that you're upgrading from. Probably have to insert the disc at some point and enter the product key from the older version.
Microsoft have said that, going from xp to 7 at least, there won't be an option to do an upgrade install, you'll have to wipe and do a fresh install.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
On a slightly side note and as its not mentioned yet. For those with access to to .ac email check out Dreamspark lots of freebie microsoft student stuffs there to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom