Students: Summer Work

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
grrr... i want that sort of money lol.. infact ill just take a job that not weekends :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Taobitz said:
Also in that main factory i rang up one the head bosses he said he try get me a job.. he did get me job last yr fairness but it was worse possible job. 12hr shifts working with ppl who couldnt speak english dam forigeners coming here lol :touch: checking glass bottle for defects in them and stuff..(become deaf with smashing of glass and getting cut and bleeding alot was regular tbh). They also gave 2 20min breaks 1 30min break in a 12hr day is rough. checked millions of bottles.. i ended up quitting after about 6 weeks i pocketed £880 for my time (not bad for student imo) it was the worst job in the factory all the other employees told me so it just wasnt me.

£880 for 6 weeks doing 5 x 12 hour days!! Or was it a 4 days week? If 5 day week that's a 60 hour a week, not only illegal in Europe under the working time directives but shite pay too. The only way for a company to circumvent the working time directive is to get you to sign a waiver.

Cuts all the time from the broken Glass. If they did not provide you with;

a) Adequate safety gear (gloves, glasses and oeveralls etc).

b) Safety training for a hazardous task.

You could have made a lot more money sueing their arses!

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
was a 4day week. and it was illegal for me to work 12hr shifts at my age i believe doing the job i was doing.
The provided me with googles. that was it.. i might add they were terrible. and a cap (so ur hair doesnt go in bottle ffs).. No saftey Training.

Also i didnt take the bar work.. im working in factory :eek: start on monday omg! they got me lifting heavy lumps of steel.. im gonna turn into the hulk at the end of it :twak:

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
HULK LIFT! HULK PUT DOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE!

not quite the same ring as HULK SMASH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom