Strang episode in Jamt. Mts.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I was with my paladin in jamt. mts. omw to Dodens to find some low expers, anyway, then i got jumped by a grp of valour guards. So i started ganking em, got 1 of the orage melee guards down when another grp added, was peeling down their orange melee, had to use fh (there was a red melee 2 + 3 scouts) got him down, got down the red, went for the archers. A bit half from killing one of the guards, she fecking fled, aah well i thought, and tried the others, and ofc they ran too :< why? is it becuase after a certain amount of combat they give up to run their route, or just because they got plain bored?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Have this all the time in Mid frontier ... I get guardagro .. kill the melee'ers and by the time I start on the archers they run ... I'm guessing it's because they never hit me .. guess it's in their code to stop agro after a set amount of times they're blocked ... or something

mob4tehwin

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Have this all the time in Mid frontier ... I get guardagro .. kill the melee'ers and by the time I start on the archers they run ... I'm guessing it's because they never hit me .. guess it's in their code to stop agro after a set amount of times they're blocked ... or something

mob4tehwin
I've tested this out on all kind of monsters
When you look face to face to them and block/parry all them attacks, they will flee

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
Bleam said:
I've tested this out on all kind of monsters
When you look face to face to them and block/parry all them attacks, they will flee

AFAIK you don't have to defend against all attacks, just survive them without returning any damage. This is true of almost all mobs I think. They just get bored and wander off.

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually the guards are bound together in sets of 3: commander type, soldier, archer usually, varies sometimes. But if you kill the commander first and a new one spawns the now free guards become bound to him and run to rejoin formation.

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
I can't say whether this is supposed to happen or not, but on occasions that this has happened to me the scout has more often than not returned with some more of his melee buddies.

Intelligent NPCs maybe??

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Mobs have had this for a long time too. It's part of their AI (if you could call it AI).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom