Stocks and Shares

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Should whack it in bitcoin. Potential of $600 in a few years.

Or zero. But it's only 60 quid.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've literally just sold all my shares I have been sitting on for 10 years. Will reinvest the proceeds into CryptoCurrency.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I've literally just sold all my shares I have been sitting on for 10 years. Will reinvest the proceeds into CryptoCurrency.

Putting everything into crypto would make me very nervous.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Putting everything into crypto would make me very nervous.
This is disposable money so I don't really mind if I lose it, remember it's been sat in shares for 10 years not gaining but slowly loosing so I thought take it out and chuck it somewhere else, plus my original crypto investment is up over 300%.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm tempted to increase my exposure to crypto (I'd only invested a few thousand of hard cash and that's worth probably about $45,000 now if I tot it all up) but I'm keeping my traditional investments (of which I've got fuck all really) too.

Like a lot of people - my biggest investment exposure is the housing/rental market. And that's far from risk-free. (And in the current political climate seen as low hanging fruit cheap-pickings by the Tories.).

Honestly - it feels like the government are running around after me and taxing the fuck wherever they can. They shutdown my company, they've hit people's pensions, they've increased home taxes and rental taxes for people who bought elsewhere and rented their original home out (though if you have sixteen houses or more you get an exemption from that tax - so it's clear it's all about taxing the little guy - I mean, how many people have sixteen houses!).

Meanwhile, Warren Buffet says he pays less tax than his secretary, big corporates pay fuck all and the rich are getting richer at record rates. :eek:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I only invest in what I understand and I still don't understand crypto. Sure I understand the low level technical details and the fact commodities are worth what ever people are willing to pay for them but I also understand they have no intrinsic value.

So I put most in a low risk tracker fund rather than individual stocks and the "play money" in whatever I feel like. That has been watches in recent years and I've been killing it there because I spent the time to understand the sector.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm tempted to increase my exposure to crypto (I'd only invested a few thousand of hard cash and that's worth probably about $45,000 now if I tot it all up) but I'm keeping my traditional investments (of which I've got fuck all really) too.

Like a lot of people - my biggest investment exposure is the housing/rental market. And that's far from risk-free. (And in the current political climate seen as low hanging fruit cheap-pickings by the Tories.).

Honestly - it feels like the government are running around after me and taxing the fuck wherever they can. They shutdown my company, they've hit people's pensions, they've increased home taxes and rental taxes for people who bought elsewhere and rented their original home out (though if you have sixteen houses or more you get an exemption from that tax - so it's clear it's all about taxing the little guy - I mean, how many people have sixteen houses!).

Meanwhile, Warren Buffet says he pays less tax than his secretary, big corporates pay fuck all and the rich are getting richer at record rates. :eek:
Hope you have a proper cold wallet and your seeds are secured safely.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
A lot of people keep telling me to go for crypto but dont all agree on which one

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hope you have a proper cold wallet and your seeds are secured safely.
Got a bitcoin in an offline wallet that's stored on cloud. Printout of my seeds.

Rest is split between coinbase and bittrex. I'm not *hugely* concerned about exchanges being hacked now. Certainly not the bigger ones. Their whole business model is related to the strength of their cyber security so I don't expect MtGox.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If you're going to day trade, then the MEME WSB shares offer lots of volatility. Could lose it all though. It's not a rational market.

If you're after long term investments, look at industries that got crushed during pandemic, but will return to normal afterwards, or those that will remain strong after pandemic ends. If you're not sure about individual companies, look at buying an ETF that covers the area you want to get into.

For $200, you're not going to get far unless you trade options, but that has its own risks.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have now invested my funds from the selling of my shitty shares into CryptoCurrency.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I hear BTC got to 40k today.

How much have you made already? :)
I've made no where near what you have as I do not have any bitcoin. I have a wide portfolio which has risen by over 300%.

Just purchased some ADA and XLM. Now is the time I HODL.

Though it is great news for bitcoin holders. I will see if BTC drops and then buy some unless you want to send me some? :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think i chose a lucky time to try Vaccines as both Valneva and Novavax are doing well and OCGN shot through the roof today, i panicked and sold my shares in that one though lol

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've made no where near what you have as I do not have any bitcoin. I have a wide portfolio which has risen by over 300%.

Just purchased some ADA and XLM. Now is the time I HODL.

Though it is great news for bitcoin holders. I will see if BTC drops and then buy some unless you want to send me some? :p
ADA since I bought the coins is up over 30%. Nice tidy profit. But I will HODL still.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I invested into ADA aswell after reading about some of the things they have planned for this year. I am not an expert but it felt like it could be a big year for them. I only used money i could afford to lose though incase i was wrong lol. I am upto $400 now thanls to buying then selling the vaccine shares

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Seems a bit off to punish gamers who want to use their expensive GPU to mine a bit on the side. And it's just a driver tweak, I give it a couple of weeks before it's been reversed (or older drivers are hacked around with to work with the new cards). And they could've done this ages ago but I guess they wanted to milk the crypto cash-cow fully before appearing to magnanimously denounce mining. Ethereum mining will be finished before too long so people are going to stop using GPUs to mine anyway - certainly in the numbers they're currently being used.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh, they have definitely been wallowing in and loving all the crypto waves, they haven't been able to make them quick enough and yeah, likely a marketing gimmick to build peoples interest in upgrading their card before the 3090ti announcement in a month or so.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nvidia essentially have a monopoly over GPUs.

Nvidia are the bad guys, not the customers, regardless of what their intent is.

(Unless they some how use GPUs to harvest the organs of babies)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not really. Game, then when you're finished gaming, switch to mining.

Well, no. I ain't paying 1500 for a graphics card :) and they wouldn't be anywhere near to that without crypto mining...supply/demand.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, no. I ain't paying 1500 for a graphics card :) and they wouldn't be anywhere near to that without crypto mining...supply/demand.
They wouldn't be anywhere near that price without mining but both Nvidia and AMD were guilty of dressing paper launches up as something more substantial. AMD get away with it a bit because the mining demand shot up just after they announced the 6000 cards (while trying to get a new line of CPUs out as well) but Nvidia launched 2 months earlier with barely any stock (they then pretended they were surprised at how much demand there was).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
AMD are coming up, but they're not as close tbh.

Coming from someone with a AMD GPU and regrets it a bit.
Nvidia are definitely winning because of DLSS 2.0 (which AMD currently don't have an equivalent of) and to a lesser extent raytracing (because it's not really mainstream enough yet to matter) but AMD are right there with rasterisation performance and ahead with power consumption and value. They've also done very well for themselves in the mid and lower ranges over the last few years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nvidia actually came out and said that was a crock of shit the other day - it's that gamer demand is so high, not crypto demand. (I posted a link)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You may well have done, but there is a reason that Nvidia driven laptops become instantly unavailable, and it isn't gamers.

The Chinese love their Nvidia laptops though, for reasons*

*those reasons aren't gaming.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You may well have done, but there is a reason that Nvidia driven laptops become instantly unavailable, and it isn't gamers.

The Chinese love their Nvidia laptops though, for reasons*

*those reasons aren't gaming.

I think you're a bit wrong there though.

So many games are being geared towards chinese players, by not involving things that'd be banned in China and having chinese characters.

I'd wager they're probably the biggest market atm.

Squad for example; 100 player fps game, vaaaaaaaassssttt majority of servers are Chinese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom