Stereo 3D Shutter Glasses

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ello :)

After going to see some stereoscopic I-max documentary I've been thinking about getting a pair of these

The problem is, I've read in lots of reviews that they suck if you have an ATI. However, these reviews are almost always 2 or 3 years old and the site claims to have fairly new drivers to help this. I can't seem to find any recent reviews saying how well they work now.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have experience with these glasses or know of any sites with recent reviews?

Cheers in advance.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi nath

Guru3D has a dedicated section of so-called stereo glasses (although it looks somewhat dated now), and nVidia have a technical brief page outlining the technology complete with various links.

Hope this helps a little

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Also note there was a lot of talk in the press a few months back about very clever 3D monitors,which basically have two layers of images slighty out of sync (if I recall correctly) which the eye merges and perceives as 3D. That said, these displays are likely to be very expensive and not available for a while yet.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Jonty :)

Managed to find a few more sites with message boards and some recent posts. It seems that without the native support of the chipset you have to use a sort of wrapper for generic cards (which ATI falls under in this case) and it very seldom works at all. I guess I'll wait till I upgrade to nvidia (if I ever do) or hope that the catalysts come with some support for stereo 3d at some point.

It's bloody ancient technology though, would have thought there'd be much more support for it nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom