Help Steelseries headphones

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
looking at getting some decent headphones, names the Siberia V2 ones

anyone got any , or heard much about them ? theyre £70 give or take, and id rather have a review from someone i trust than someone on a website whose prob on the make :twak:

and either way, any suggestions from the peanut gallery for decent/durable headsets with mics ?

(preferably 3-year-old-proof) :D

Nate

FH is my second home
Got some, do the job. Mic was a bit fiddly as it always changes place (the wire is very bendy!) and people often say I'm quiet when I'm talking at a normal level. Handy that it pops away but seems more like a gimmick now. I don't like the leather in the steelseries, unless you like having leather on your skin you're probably the same(annoying on the hot days).

I had some Turtlebeach AK-R8 before these and the sound seemed a lot clearer(it's usb so had it's own soundcard box which delivers "5 speaker surround sound headphones" mic was nice since it just unplugged. Comfort was better, cotton is much nicer on the skin. I had a problem with them though. The mic would send static constantly when I used it, sent it off last week and received an upgraded new pair of HP-1's yesterday after 2 years of owning the product. Nice customer service from them there. Only it's missing the soundcard part so it's just a headphone atm as there isn't a mic jack on the extension they've sent me.

I'm now using the HP-1's and have the Steelseries on the desk infront of me doing nothing but accumulating dust.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I got the Steelseries Siberia V2 - returned them a day later, went for Roccat Kave.

For some reason, the maximum volume was "normal", whereas at 30-40% volume they were inaudible, almost. No, drivers were not an issue, and this was across 3 different machines.

The retailer agreed they had issues and accepted for the item to be returned.

Could be that i stumbled over a particular item that had build issues, but i did not want to risk, so i just went for another product.

Overall, I made a better choice, since the mic for Roccat Kave is plug detachable -- the retractable mic with Steelseries has been heard to fail in time, and the sound quality is very good - the only downside with Kave being the comfort pads over the headband -- not so comfortable, as you can "feel" them on top of your head, unlike the Steelseries.

Nate

FH is my second home
Headsets | Lygo if you wanna see their stuff, that's the retailer for UK and the guys I got my new headset from. I didn't even buy it from them. It's all a bit weird really.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have 350s and they are awesome, I'd recommend if you can afford.

They are so comfortable, and as high spec headphones they are just as good for non gaming use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom