PC Master Race Steam deck

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks interesting but honestly, I'm struggling to find games that don't bore the shit out of me today, never mind enough for me to want to take them on the road with me.
I would play the ever loving shit out of Streets of Rage 4 on this

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looks interesting but honestly, I'm struggling to find games that don't bore the shit out of me today, never mind enough for me to want to take them on the road with me.
With yr interweb would take you all yearto fill it anyway. Haha

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would play the ever loving shit out of Streets of Rage 4 on this
Yeah. But I'd need there to be a shedload of compelling games for me to consider buying it.

I can't even find enough compelling games for my PC, never mind a handheld.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Yeah. But I'd need there to be a shedload of compelling games for me to consider buying it.

I can't even find enough compelling games for my PC, never mind a handheld.

That's the exact problem I have with anything hand held. There aren't enough non-handheled equivalent games I want to play which allows me to justify this :/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It looks incredible tbh. It could've done with a "better" (1080p and maybe OLED) screen for media consumption but it looks fine for games and the performance/battery trade-offs surely aren't worth it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The whole thing is leaving me quite erect.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Ono

Part of the furniture
This is now a must have for me. Reviews have ben saying how it has exceeded expectations.

You have to be a real dufus to cancel your existing pre-order now.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is now a must have for me. Reviews have ben saying how it has exceeded expectations.

You have to be a real dufus to cancel your existing pre-order now.
I can't find the video now but Gaben was talking to IGN and said that most people pre ordered the highest spec SKU which was interesting

Ono

Part of the furniture
I ordered the highest spec. Rude not to.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
First guy sounds like seeing Gabe Newell is the best moment of his life lol

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Has anyone here received theirs yet, or has any word? I didn't place my preorder on the first day, but as far as I can tell the list opened on Friday July 16th last year, which means I placed my order on day 2. It would be amazing to think that we're into the 2nd month of fulfillment, and with all this talk of considerably ramping up manufacture rates, and they're still not through the first days orders!

I'm also now paranoid the email will go into a spam folder and I'll miss it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has anyone here received theirs yet, or has any word? I didn't place my preorder on the first day, but as far as I can tell the list opened on Friday July 16th last year, which means I placed my order on day 2. It would be amazing to think that we're into the 2nd month of fulfillment, and with all this talk of considerably ramping up manufacture rates, and they're still not through the first days orders!

I'm also now paranoid the email will go into a spam folder and I'll miss it.
Nope, still waiting

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Evening all

Just had an email though about my 512GB Steam Deck reservation. I'm not going to be buying it so if it's possible to transfer it, I'd be happy to if any of you are further down the queue.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Evening all

Just had an email though about my 512GB Steam Deck reservation. I'm not going to be buying it so if it's possible to transfer it, I'd be happy to if any of you are further down the queue.
Don't think you can do that scoop, just cancel when I was making my mind up

Ono

Part of the furniture
If you are pondering whether to go ahead with pre-orders, I would ask yourself two fundamental questions:
  • Will you actually play PC/Emu games on the go?
  • Have you got money to burn?
If the answer is yes to either then go for it.

For me, I had funds from selling CSGO skins on my Steam account otherwise I would likely have passed.

I have used the Deck quite a bit but more in trying out some of my Steam library on it. Whether or not it becomes a main gaming device ..... probably not.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you are pondering whether to go ahead with pre-orders, I would ask yourself two fundamental questions:
  • Will you actually play PC/Emu games on the go?
  • Have you got money to burn?
If the answer is yes to either then go for it.

For me, I had funds from selling CSGO skins on my Steam account otherwise I would likely have passed.

I have used the Deck quite a bit but more in trying out some of my Steam library on it. Whether or not it becomes a main gaming device ..... probably not.
I'd add Do you want to play Steam stuff sitting on your sofa? to that list. That's turning out to be my biggest use case at the moment, it's just nice to be able to play these games in a different setting

It's definately not going to replace a suped up gaming rig but I'm finding more of the titles I play these days are just fun games anyway, Rogue Legacy 2 and Vampire Survivors have both made big comebacks since I picked up the deck. I even whacked MultiVersus on it the other day which was suprisingly fun.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Yeah. I am still exploring what I prefer to play on the Deck rather than on my 34 inch ultrwide.

So far:

Pinball FX2 or 3
Lumines Remastered
Trials Fusion
Streets of rage 4

Tried out Ori and the Blind Forest too which works really well.

Basically any games not kb/mouse seems good on it.

Games like Stray run well on it but I would rather have the big screen for the gorgeous graphics.

Couldn't get Half Life 2 to run on first try even though it says it is Deck ready.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The one I'm really pissed about at the moment is Rocket League. You can still get it to work using a 3rd party launcher but it would be so much easier if it was just in my Steam library, which it will now never be because Epic being Epic 🤬

Ono

Part of the furniture
I gave up on RL when Epic forced us to get an account.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd add Do you want to play Steam stuff sitting on your sofa?
You need to rearrange your house m8. My TV is above my fireplace with my main rig attached to it. I sit on my sofa with my feet up on a table. Apart from netflix and amazon PC mode is the default for pretty much everything.

Why game in your bedroom? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom