Stealthers, how many do you run as

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
I recently took a month break from Emain 'stealther' RvR, and on my return (i admit just one evenings play) it all seems very different with large stealther groups. Just out of interest, if you play a stealther in emain, how many people do you run with, and why?

I personally try to never run with more than 3. With 3 you have a nice variety of targets, can go for maybe upto groups of 3-4 non stealthers with no losses(poorly optimised i admit) if you plan it well. Fights often are messy and feel like a challenge but not a zerg. I've often thought at the end of it, "how did we survive that".

So anyhow, would be nice to hear other peoples viewpoints, what is your ideal and/or usual stealther group

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Probably the most enjoyable times I have in emain are duoing with a scout. A nice mix of ranged and close up melee attacks, makes you pretty versitile with the added benefit of a truesight/see hidden combination. 3 is really my limit, nice to add a minstrel.
I do solo a fair bit in emain, but often find it dull.

But both these are seriously threatened by the zerging that's going on these days. Often it's not organised zergs, just large numbers of soloers and duoers congregating on key bottlenecks and hotspots, often unaware of the other stealthers presence.

I tend to avoid emain after about 4pm, the kids get out of school and it gets really really zergy.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Smurflord said:
Probably the most enjoyable times I have in emain are duoing with a scout. A nice mix of ranged and close up melee attacks, makes you pretty versitile with the added benefit of a truesight/see hidden combination. 3 is really my limit, nice to add a minstrel.
I do solo a fair bit in emain, but often find it dull.

But both these are seriously threatened by the zerging that's going on these days. Often it's not organised zergs, just large numbers of soloers and duoers congregating on key bottlenecks and hotspots, often unaware of the other stealthers presence.

I tend to avoid emain after about 4pm, the kids get out of school and it gets really really zergy.
imho we should report Rambo for bunking off school cos its Zergy when ever he`s on.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If you are a hunter/ranger with Truesight and use it at amg you will probably go ld.

Arakasi

Fledgling Freddie
I solo 99% of the time, only time I group with other stealther is with my brothers scout. And i will never group with an infiltrator, only done that once and it was for ninja keep take.
I dont see the point like those hib stealthers who go to odins with 4-5 people even without reports of other stealth zergers there.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I used to group a lot but I try and solo nowadays, its difficult though because theres so many stealth groups around from all 3 realms. I normally only join larger groups if theyre friends, or if emain is really zergy.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Porkers, I wouldn't bother with your sb/hunter.

Focus on your warrior and shammy, the stealthzergin kiddies will ruin your fun for their rp hunger, you can't win unless you zerg back, and I know thats not your style, like it wasn't mine.

By the time your warrior and shammy you've played enough, I'm sure the stealthers will either have decreased alot, or carry on raising until everyone quits.

The main thing that pisses me off, is the fact that they can't see what they are doing to the game and other people on the recieving end, the word greed comes to mind, "If I join a fg stealthers I won't die, means I get rp". If you win you deserve the RP, stealthzerging is cowardly.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Mostly solo with both my scout and infiltrator (although inf only hit 50 less than 2 weeks ago). I do sometimes group with 2, 3 or even 4 other stealthers but not very often. As for non-stealth groups, I hardly ever bother with them now.

A

Aoln

Mostly either solo, duo with Asharith, or trio with Asharith and a mincer.

Tomask

Loyal Freddie
Normaly out solo or duo with a guildy when im not in a group on my minstrel however recently found it incredibly hard to succed in a duo/solo when you get run over by multiple groups ranging from 5 - 8+.

Unfortuantly all realms do it so what you gonna do <shrugs> cant blame some people of course as when you get zerged by one lot somtimes you feel the only option is to come back with equal numbers , so pretty much like a Dommino effect first realm comes with big stealth group realm two get rolled over come back with same size group etc.

Anyone who keeps comming back in small groups all i can say is good for you keep it up as its nice to run into a 2 vs 2 or 1 on 1 time to time :p

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
99% of the time I run with an infi (being a stealthed speced minstrel myself).

I do this because :

1.) with my spec its pritty hard to kill anything solo and not being rr5 yet.
2.) I play this game to play with my infi bf.
3.) its nice to play in groups (just wish u could see where ppl were in
ur group even when stealthed :p )

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
duo with my bf

solo rarely in HW/Odins

trio even rarer with a friends infil (done this once or twice in the past 4 months i think). been in deadly shadows for 2 weeks and was on two of their events, never really took part in their day to day groups just kept duoing with my bf.

i dont play to RP farm (i get 30k/week maximum atm, and am RR4L0), i play for fun and something to do with my bf.

i dont really have a problem with being run over by stealth zergs. /release and come back, or dont come back. its up to people how they want to play the game, and (imo at least) only a tiny minority actually activly take part in stealth gameplay so its not like its ruining "the game".

i sometimes have a problem with stealthers or non-stealthers adding on fights that i blatently dont need help with, but again thats life and if people really feel they need to leech 100rp and the deathmsg off somene elses bit of fun then not much i can do bout that (have this prob, as i said, with both stealthers, non-stealthers soloing/duoing, 1fgs, and zergs :eek:)

:kissit:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
I solo 49% of the time ... duo 40% with another scout and trio 10% of the time with another inf ... that 1% is when I stealthzerg but I only did that once to piss of the antistealthzergwhiners

IMO people should stop whining about stealthzerging ... I've seen mids wait at their portalkeep loads of times .... sometimes more then a full group .. waiting to get that other healer or 3rd savage they need to make a "perfect group" ... that is ok?... but stealthers can't group up?

Remember when you die in a stealthgroup you /rel and come back .. if you die in a "normal" group chance is big you get rezzed and run happily along. Hence stealthers will team up to minimize the chance they get killed.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
solo: 30% of the time, either in DF(50%) , Odin(15%) or Emain(35%).
duo or trio: 50% of the time. mostly with asharith, shani and kwek
4-5: 15% of the time, 25% of realm points
full group: 5% of time, only on keep ninja raids

now wajn and :kissit:

Umilard

Loyal Freddie
Solo 80% of the time, otherwise i usually duo with my neighbour abbi.. Been in some bigger groups when my sister and her bf played albion but they usually play hib/excal.

duoing is fun at times, but it's hard to find "good fights", most of the time it's ganking a loner or getting zerged.. Therefor i usually go solo and take on solo or duo targets, win some and loose some ;)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
101 To having fun with stealthzergs...

Get loads of casters and a few seers (for heals, duuh... Casters dont have much hp) and run around the milegates. They wont be able to resist that PA on a clothwearer.

Be prepared to die alot and to have mucho fun :)

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe Everyone solos 40-100% of the time, but noone ever gets a solo fight.
Now where did I go wrong ? :eek7:

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
havent played my sb in a while but what i know is..

no matter if your 10 or 2 you still destroy it for those who solo

no fun being killed by 2 people when your only 1

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
I most solo or duo. Like 90% of the times. And on a real rare occasion i might go 3.

And its not impossible find other solo assassins.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
If you ever get near making an intelligent comment on these boards, please let us know.
first i quote sycho cause his reply isnt really serious ;p
anyways who is ur chars ingame ? Smurflord ? never seen that name ..
and didnt know FH was a forum with intelligent thread oh i feel so sorry :D

Bolo

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
Mostly either solo, duo with Asharith, or trio with Asharith and a mincer.

Asharith is hot!

I solo 97.14159266% of the time (grouped with my bot for the duration of the resists / DD thingy)

The other 2.85840734% of my RvR time is spent duo'ed / Trio'ed with guildies or random people who feel sorry for me.

---

Classified

Fledgling Freddie
As stealthers are not accepted in FOTM groups the natural progeression is to get a FOTM rogue setup. fg 8 rogues will continue to be the flavour of the day.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Aenir said:
Hehe Everyone solos 40-100% of the time, but noone ever gets a solo fight.
Now where did I go wrong ? :eek7:

Now that's something to think about :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom