Stealther Question

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
i dont know if this has been asked before and to tell the truth i really dont have time to check the entire board..

my question(s) is/are...

Does dye'ing your armour black actually make your stealth skill increase?

I know that your toon appears to be more transparent when it has black coloured armour but does it actually improve it to an enemy player?

hopefully somebody can help me out as im bored of my scout wearing black..

cheers

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
northernmonkey said:
i dont know if this has been asked before and to tell the truth i really dont have time to check the entire board..

my question(s) is/are...

Does dye'ing your armour black actually make your stealth skill increase?

I know that your toon appears to be more transparent when it has black coloured armour but does it actually improve it to an enemy player?

hopefully somebody can help me out as im bored of my scout wearing black..

cheers

I would say absolutely does not effect your stealth.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Saying that... when i put my hood down, i can see my winged helm stand out a mile! Im wondering wether or not enemy stealthers can see this like i do?
I know that when i see a friend with it on, i can see him alot more vividly than i would do with his hood up.
Also... have they changed the fact that when you put ya torch on, enemy stealthers can see you more clearly than if it was off?
Just a couple more questions to add to this thread ;)

Ps. Coulour doesnt make a difference when your stealthed so dont worry... but when you unstealth, black is obviously harder to see than bright yellow hey! :p

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
Saying that... when i put my hood down, i can see my winged helm stand out a mile! Im wondering wether or not enemy stealthers can see this like i do?
I know that when i see a friend with it on, i can see him alot more vividly than i would do with his hood up.
Also... have they changed the fact that when you put ya torch on, enemy stealthers can see you more clearly than if it was off?
Just a couple more questions to add to this thread ;)

Ps. Coulour doesnt make a difference when your stealthed so dont worry... but when you unstealth, black is obviously harder to see than bright yellow hey! :p

1) Yes I can see Rangers Winged helm pretty clearly when their hood is down.
2) I don't think it matters if you have your torch on/off to enemies.

Herjulf

Banned
There WAS a time when older client such as SI or classic daoc would mean that people in stealth wearing ANYTHING but pitch black stuff was easier to see when ppl saw them in shade/stealth mode.

For example the WHITE on a White + printed guildcloak would be totally black on the shade. and some colours would make shade be more visible then if you were wearing black.

HOWEVER, this is smt you do not have to bother your fluffy head with since, TOA, cata and hopefully DR client.

The reason for example winged helm stands out, methinks is its shape.
The tip´s of the wings would look more, Could also be some throwback so that if u /hood when in stealth some textures are more visible then others. i cant verify that though as i dont have winged helm on any stealth char.

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
thanks for the info, i had a feeling it didnt matter but wanted advice before i get the bright yellow and blue enamel out.....

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
dyes and torch doesnt affect u in stealth...

yeah, whit the torch on you come out a bit darker and visible in stealth. but that doesnt mean enything couse it doenst affect the detect range

Labello

Fledgling Freddie
I find it easyer to see witch direction a stealther (in stealth) is looking at when i have my torch on.
Witch is usuefull when you are using CS stealth atack styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom