Stay on same Server - Move to Different Server - Move to Warhammer?

Himse

FH is my second home
Hey Illu,

Well ill be honest with you...if your playing daoc this long you have the same syndrome as i have aka Daoc Drug syndrome. Either you think of playing WoW, WoW2(WH) or Tetris it wont feel the same and will want to come back.

Personally i would tell you to try german cluster, lots of players there, some1 here proposed you pl and you can still come play a visit on dyvet if you like. Along side you can wait and watch your friends play WH and see if you like it.

Captain clueless strikes again.

WH is not wow 2 in any way, play the game and you'll find out.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Captain clueless strikes again.

WH is not wow 2 in any way, play the game and you'll find out.

Sorry commander, you outrank me in clueless matters.

Ill say it again WH is imo WoW2. If you disagree with it its your fecking problem not mine, but dont go talking about what you dont know especially when it comes to me ok punk?

illu

Part of the furniture
Do you need a buffbot in WAR?

I've got an HMV Voucher for about £35 so I might pop down and buy it tomorrow or the next day and give it a go at the weekend :>

Oli - Illu

bufferer

Fledgling Freddie
best judge is ur self dude imo its worth trying war if u have a spare money voucher kicking around :D. quite a few guild from Eu have bin created there i hear .

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
War is decent no doubt. But illu u won't get the same feeling as daoc had. Mainly for me i guess it's cause it was the first major mmo that i really played ALOT:). So im at the point of very little gaming. Loosing Daoc was nearly the same as loosing a good friend, Im a sad fecker i know:)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Do you need a buffbot in WAR?

I've got an HMV Voucher for about £35 so I might pop down and buy it tomorrow or the next day and give it a go at the weekend :>

Oli - Illu

you dont need a buffbot

illu

Part of the furniture
War is decent no doubt. But illu u won't get the same feeling as daoc had. Mainly for me i guess it's cause it was the first major mmo that i really played ALOT:). So im at the point of very little gaming. Loosing Daoc was nearly the same as loosing a good friend, Im a sad fecker i know:)

I know exactly what you mean. It's frankly frightening the amount of hours/days/weeks/months/years I have played DAOC, invested in DAOC while my life was going through different stages, being single (plenty of time to level up crafters and go on a ML3 raid for like the 5th time with a new toon) and then having various relationships (one broke up because of DAOC :p o_O) and now being married with a little sprog having not a lot of time to play, but when I do play, there is no one to play with.

I personally think GOA should implement some system where our toons could be moved to a new cluster or the german clusters. But since this is "not possible", they need to change their I.T. setup.

But then again the same thing happened with Quake. That was my first "love", in relation to games :), and that eventually died off by the time Quake3 came out :/ I hated id software for bringing out Quake 3 :> Looks like they have a few nice games coming out soon, including this one called Rage QuakeUnity.com - Uniting The QUAKE Universe

Actually watching the Quake3 final in some tournament - it's still not as good as Quake but it was quite entertaining :>
QuakeUnity.com - Uniting The QUAKE Universe

Oli - Illu

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar mate, I actually checked this out with a comparison for LOTRO. PvMP on US servers is impossible due to lag. So quit lotro for good for me, but i did a speedtest on the web and found that here in the UK via(open transit nodes /run) and the US servers that lotro run and via their nodes and I lose around 3/4 of my connection no matter what tweaking I do to try sort it, it's useless.

Lots of ppl from Russia played on us servers (most notable - Free Will guild, Igraine server, 190M RPs). So it is definately possible - to play and be successful in rvr.

we'll see...will check Thid also.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

I agree with you......for a change! :)

bufferer

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, it reminds me of yet another cartoon game.

I guess i will just play daoc freeshards till HL2 episode 3 gets out.
I don't mind losing some hib players to WH tho:lol:
tbh m8, play the game then decide :p its like 20 X better than daoc atm with EU population :D the game upclose aint cartoony tbh and the game is in its first stages lets jst hope it dont end up like english servers QQ

illu

Part of the furniture
My god the controls in Warhammer are total shit!
You can't even bind the right mouse button to jump FFS.
Sort it out Mythic. And mouselook to middle mouse button would be nice too.
Useless

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Useless

what? to pan the camera just hold left mouse button and remove the smart follow option from setting.

Also wtf do you need to jump with right mouse, when its the best button to strafe with!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Useless
Can't say the games exactly set me on fire yet, but I am like lvl 2. One of the problem is you have to dump serveral dozen irl hours in these games before you even have an inkling your gonna like them.

Someone on there noticed I was an old daoc player and got to mentioning all the very oldskool names playing. Got me thinking, be nice if they all dropped this bollox sometime it'd be a damn good night back on daoc. Someone crash all the servers sometime...

illu

Part of the furniture
I'm putting up with the controls at the moment, but surely in this day and age you should be able to map any key to any movement...

I've put in 2 or 3 nights playing now, I'm a level 6 tasty woman Disciple of Khaine on an English Server called something like the Eight Peaks. I have fun sometimes taking all my clothes off and running about in my underwear hehe!

To be honest - I am finding the game and levelling up a little boring. Every quest is a killtask pretty much no matter how they describe it, and the public quests are killtasks on a larger scale. PvE is just boring, so hopefully things will get more interesting soon, maybe when RvR starts to be more prominent, but it's so slow getting there at the moment. I'm pretty glad level 40 is the top level at the moment because at this rate, it's going to take a good few months to get there!

The low level RvR was funny with no tactics and just each side playing a capture the flag kind of event where you had to hold 2 flags, and all that would happen is our "zerg" of about 10 players would bash up their zerg, then when they respawned, they would bash us.

Is this the future? I don't know. I think I need to join a guild maybe.

Oli - Illu

aika

Can't get enough of FH
roll a Witch Elf instead :) Fast paced rvr with ultra high dmg and some serious keyboard bashing :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Go to the WAR forum! This section is for the 12ppl playing Dyvet! :mad:

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Illu
Level your little boy instead:) MMORPG takes way too much time if you wanna compete properly, and i think you would. Myself got a family with 2 kids + fiance and with quality time, excercise and friends there is realy not much time left. Hell i even sold my computer becasue i wasnt using it at home anymore. Sure you get nostalgic when watch and old clipp or starts talking about it with some old friends but it quickly fades away for me.

/Haddaway

omg beltoooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! damn dude!! well i wish you gl in irl :D sad to loose a good player like you!! although you dump your cleric :p you were very good at it ^^

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
v kurse..poka norm privychnii stels ne vvedut - ya v WH pas...

Septina

Part of the furniture
Can't say the games exactly set me on fire yet, but I am like lvl 2. One of the problem is you have to dump serveral dozen irl hours in these games before you even have an inkling your gonna like them.

Thats not entirely true, the moment you roll your char from level 1 you are capable of doing rvr all the way to level 40. Dont have to do any pve at all if you dont want to.
Sure, you wont have all the abilities your class can offer but it still gives you a look into how the pvp in this game is.

I'm only lvl 21 on my WP and i'm loving the class and the game so far.
It's very much like daoc and lots of fun when you play with people you know.

I hated the game when i played it in the BETA but that was mostly cause i soloed 99% of the time. :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Thats not entirely true, the moment you roll your char from level 1 you are capable of doing rvr all the way to level 40. Dont have to do any pve at all if you dont want to.
Sure, you wont have all the abilities your class can offer but it still gives you a look into how the pvp in this game is.

I'm only lvl 21 on my WP and i'm loving the class and the game so far.
It's very much like daoc and lots of fun when you play with people you know.

I hated the game when i played it in the BETA but that was mostly cause i soloed 99% of the time. :p

Wich server/guild you on Sep?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Wich server/guild you on Sep?

Playing Karrag Orrud atm with some rl friends and old Nocturne people.
Going to play with the Groovers on Eight Peaks when GoA gets their thumb of of their arse but for the moment i really cant be arsed with 1+ hour queues. :p

Made me a Warrior Priest and i must say i absolutely love the class. :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Playing Karrag Orrud atm with some rl friends and old Nocturne people.
Going to play with the Groovers on Eight Peaks when GoA gets their thumb of of their arse but for the moment i really cant be arsed with 1+ hour queues. :p

Made me a Warrior Priest and i must say i absolutely love the class. :)

Shame...me and some rl friends are @ Karak Azgal with some daoc folks aswell :p seen Lookdady, Ilu, Zeltec, Nible and lots of other ppl there :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
old BC ppl play at Karak Eight Peaks

Karak Eight Peaks is flooded with Daoc/WOW/whatever guilds that have all rolled on that server. Having to wait over an hour each time you wanna play just isnt worth it. Atleast thats how it is for the Destruction side, Order has slightly lower queues afaik.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
max queue i had was 28 mins on weekend (on order)

The queues are a lot less now, yesterday I had like 3-4 mins queue at 22:00 gmt.

Not sure about destruction ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom