Stay on same Server - Move to Different Server - Move to Warhammer?

illu

Part of the furniture
Hi all,
I feel like I have come to a crossroad and I am not sure what path to take.
I still have a little bit of fun on Excal/Pryd, but frankly the population is dire, and after a few emails to GOA, it does not look like they have any solution.

I am thinking perhaps of going to some other Euro Servers, which ones have people moved to?

Or have people moved to the US Servers?

On the other hand - I don't know if I can really be bothered starting from scratch again. I have about 10 characters that I play including Crafters in everything except Siegecraft and Armourcraft, and to start from the beginning again hardly seems worth it. I also don't have anything close to the time I used to have, having a wife and small 9 month old boy is uber time consuming :)

Or is it worth trying Warhammer that is out in a few days? Is the RvR any good? Are the classes as good as DAOC ones? Is there a need for buffbots?

Any advice appreciated,

Oli - Illu

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I'll PL and twink you on US servers :p

Wait and see if WAR kills what little population there is left though

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you decide to make a new sb on the killibury cluster I can help you out with weapons, sc and soon armor aswell :)

Just pm me and I'll start crafting away!

CorNokZ

1) Move to German cluster
2) Understand nothing
3) Quit again
4) ???
5) Ask FH where everyone is playing..

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
WaR wont kill daoc, dont get why ppl are so hyped over that...In the past history no game as ever killed another game.

My tip is wait for origins server, ye have to reroll so will i and all others with me, It goes semi quick but i do belive it is worth it.

I been some on pendragon and checking it out, memories! goosh first times you swing by odins gate AMg etc...or emain Amg lovely.

Population wise there are loads with EU ppl on the current so called classic servers so that is cool, i also met tons of ppl from excal/pryd there durring my play even full guilds.

I will return to daoc once origins server is up and kicking and that can be anyday now release day for it is aug-sep.So can be tomorrow or the day after who know's...Just know me and 5-6 around my daoc will start leveling asap once it is up.

Or level on the other "classic" servers game wont die until mythic would decide it to...as i said up never in history a game has died.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You're right, Warhammer will not kill DAOC because DAoC is as dead as it can be.

Illu, you should try Warhammer if you haven't.

illu

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the tips.

Does it matter what Euro Server to go on?

They look like they all clustered already.
Say I want to play Midgard on one of the Euro Servers, which is the best out of
[DE] Limors : Avalon/Lyonesse

[DE] Temair : Stonehenge/Logres/Dartmoor

[FR] Kattraeth : Brocéliande/Ys

[FR] Kernyw : Orcanie/Carnac

The German Ones look to have the best populations. Does that mean all the items will be in German when I play?

Also - Is Warhammer basically DAOC2? Has it got the same type of graphics and gameplay and same type of 3 or more realms fighting eachother?

Cheers.

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
WaR wont kill daoc, dont get why ppl are so hyped over that...In the past history no game as ever killed another game.

My tip is wait for origins server, ye have to reroll so will i and all others with me, It goes semi quick but i do belive it is worth it.

I been some on pendragon and checking it out, memories! goosh first times you swing by odins gate AMg etc...or emain Amg lovely.

Population wise there are loads with EU ppl on the current so called classic servers so that is cool, i also met tons of ppl from excal/pryd there durring my play even full guilds.

I will return to daoc once origins server is up and kicking and that can be anyday now release day for it is aug-sep.So can be tomorrow or the day after who know's...Just know me and 5-6 around my daoc will start leveling asap once it is up.

Or level on the other "classic" servers game wont die until mythic would decide it to...as i said up never in history a game has died.

Origins Server sounds pretty good. It's just a nightmare having to start from scratch again as I have so little time to play compared to 6 or 7 years ago whenever the beta came out, back then I was a single man and was able to play obscene amount of hours :> Man I miss the days when the Servers were full and you could choose what toon you wanted to play and away you went either solo or in a FG and there were big fights and zergs going on. It was crazy :p

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
Just had a quick go on the Avalon Server and did a /who 50 and I think 400+ names came up! Amazing!
Thing is though - the German language is really off putting. I can't understand a word any of the NPCs say but I suppose when you get to level 50 and start to RvR, it doesn't matter too much, but it is a major pain in the butt.

What are the names of some friendly English speaking guilds on Avalon?

I suppose the other alternative is to go to the US and play there - but what is the lag like?
And I just don't know whether I can be bothered starting from scratch again.

Give character transfers! :/

Oli - Illu

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Thing is though - the German language is really off putting. I can't understand a word any of the NPCs say but I suppose when you get to level 50 and start to RvR, it doesn't matter too much, but it is a major pain in the butt.

What are the names of some friendly English speaking guilds on Avalon?
Oli - Illu
You get used to it mostly. Most annoying things is can't understand wtf the bg is on about or feel like part of server life, other thing makes scrolling up and doing post-mortems after solo fights annoying (why wasn't i hitting him, he out of view or evading or wtf).

Just had a look over there myself, but all toons with fucked up qbs, txt boxes all need resetting etc....cba with it, at least not tonight.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Illu,

Well ill be honest with you...if your playing daoc this long you have the same syndrome as i have aka Daoc Drug syndrome. Either you think of playing WoW, WoW2(WH) or Tetris it wont feel the same and will want to come back.

Personally i would tell you to try german cluster, lots of players there, some1 here proposed you pl and you can still come play a visit on dyvet if you like. Along side you can wait and watch your friends play WH and see if you like it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
dont really wanna play anything else in daoc other than champ, wish i could transfer it to one of the usa clusters or to the german one, though I got a lvl 50 SM on limors, but never could really get myself play there, just didnt feel the same.

Even my rr3 eld on Merlin isnt the same, I dunno :( (prolly cause i dont know anyone there and there;s no community feeling for me)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the tips.

Does it matter what Euro Server to go on?

They look like they all clustered already.
Say I want to play Midgard on one of the Euro Servers, which is the best out of
[DE] Limors : Avalon/Lyonesse

[DE] Temair : Stonehenge/Logres/Dartmoor

[FR] Kattraeth : Brocéliande/Ys

[FR] Kernyw : Orcanie/Carnac

The German Ones look to have the best populations. Does that mean all the items will be in German when I play?

Also - Is Warhammer basically DAOC2? Has it got the same type of graphics and gameplay and same type of 3 or more realms fighting eachother?

Cheers.

Oli - Illu

Dosnt Matter wich german server u start on m8 ':D

[DE]Stonehenge,Dartmoor,Logres,Lyonesse and Avalon is one cluster now ;)
If im online on mid i can prolly help u out abit , just do who arctic rose and ask for saru ;)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i've broke down and made a hunter on us/kay, devon cluster, named Halldar. Not SB - he had a good and glorious life...it wont repeat :)

/played at 50 - 1d 20h, solo + some questing - thx for dual xp in rvr zones and extra bonus of rest xp - so had tripple exp per killed mob for quite a time.

population.....around 500-800 at the time i play - 19-23cet - dunno why gap is so big, midgard players #is 100-170.

Lag...well, it IS noticeable - as a delay between pressing a btn and char animation. in pve it is no problems, in rvr - it might be. Had a fight vs smite cler in cathal valley bg...i was on his tail on my screen, but too far away in log - not feeling pulse of fight is a bad thing, especially for 'glass cannons'

Not sure if i continue playing there, will try thid prolly with /level20 and see from rvr viewpoint.

As for german servers...as i see it, main problem is outfitting a char. All items are named different way, so no ethinarg help here - which sux.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
As for warhammer - it doesnt have any stealth classes in daoc viewpoint. Bitch (oh, sorry, witch) hunter and bitch elf both got cloaking abilities - but they are timered somehow and drain action points - nothing like daoc stealth.

not gonna play it until they add stealth...but the game itself might be good ofc.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Greetings Twinsun,

Your CD-Key has been correctly registered. It also gives you access to the following components which have been activated:

Head Start licence
Head Start Standard Edition period (15/09/2008 to 24/09/2008 included)

cya in WAR mates :(

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
Dosnt Matter wich german server u start on m8 ':D

[DE]Stonehenge,Dartmoor,Logres,Lyonesse and Avalon is one cluster now ;)
If im online on mid i can prolly help u out abit , just do who arctic rose and ask for saru ;)

Hey Saru mate, are you there with James and Andrew etc? Or have they left. By the way, I got a level 45 warrior (I think) on Avalon :).

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Illu
Level your little boy instead:) MMORPG takes way too much time if you wanna compete properly, and i think you would. Myself got a family with 2 kids + fiance and with quality time, excercise and friends there is realy not much time left. Hell i even sold my computer becasue i wasnt using it at home anymore. Sure you get nostalgic when watch and old clipp or starts talking about it with some old friends but it quickly fades away for me.

/Haddaway

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Beltorak said:
Level your little boy instead

Best advice ever !!!!!

My son is two years old now ..... if I embraced Warhammer with the same passion I did DAOC, I'd be worried that the next time I looked at him he may well be seven.

CorNokZ

Hello Illu
Level your little boy instead:) MMORPG takes way too much time if you wanna compete properly, and i think you would. Myself got a family with 2 kids + fiance and with quality time, excercise and friends there is realy not much time left. Hell i even sold my computer becasue i wasnt using it at home anymore. Sure you get nostalgic when watch and old clipp or starts talking about it with some old friends but it quickly fades away for me.

/Haddaway

/hug

Sounds like rl is treating you well! It's good to hear mate :)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Hell i even sold my computer becasue i wasnt using it at home anymore.

i'm doing smth wrong then :)

2 comps at home - for me and my wife, 1st one - my job and server programs, 2nd - various housekeeping stuff for my wife, whole HD of cartoon and child movies for elder daughter. Both comps also serve as info channel, as we dont get newspapers (anything is on web!) and we dont have TV (hate it).

To each his own i guess.

illu

Part of the furniture
Hello Illu

/Haddaway

:>

The little boy is levelling up well with xp from me, his mum and the grandparents :) But after the little kobbie goes to bed, and when wife goes to bed, I sometimes have a few hours to myself to have some "freedom" hehe.

It's interesting reading everyone's stories and recommendations.

I watched some WAR vids on Youtube today and I liked what I saw. It looks like it is also aimed at the casual player and if it is in english and needs little or no buffbots, I am tempted to maybe give it a go.

DAOC-wise, I am also tempted to maybe try a new toon or 2 on Avalon, but the language barrier and items and everything is not ideal, but I imagine you eventually get used to it and the population is a very big bonus.
And if there is lag over on US Servers, I am less inclined to play over there. Does anyone else have lag issues for the US Servers?

Anyway, this month I am a bit poor, so I might have to wait till next month before I try anything new :>

Oli - Illu

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
And if there is lag over on US Servers, I am less inclined to play over there. Does anyone else have lag issues for the US Servers?

You may try there for urself. They give 2 weeks for free for a new acc, level a thid char quickly and try it. Our locations are different u know - lag might be different for you also.

Just for the record - my ping of daoc.goa.com gives 85 ms on average, camelotherald.com - 165ms.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
1) Move to German cluster
2) Understand nothing
3) Quit again
4) ???
5) Ask FH where everyone is playing..

If your a dump fuck with no iq at all you will never adopt...

if there is a brain in there you dont need to know german...

ask the rest of the dyvet that moved in german cluster.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
:>

The little boy is levelling up well with xp from me, his mum and the grandparents :) But after the little kobbie goes to bed, and when wife goes to bed, I sometimes have a few hours to myself to have some "freedom" hehe.

It's interesting reading everyone's stories and recommendations.

I watched some WAR vids on Youtube today and I liked what I saw. It looks like it is also aimed at the casual player and if it is in english and needs little or no buffbots, I am tempted to maybe give it a go.

DAOC-wise, I am also tempted to maybe try a new toon or 2 on Avalon, but the language barrier and items and everything is not ideal, but I imagine you eventually get used to it and the population is a very big bonus.

Anyway, this month I am a bit poor, so I might have to wait till next month before I try anything new :>

Oli - Illu

Well i have a Vamp on hib or a caba+bb on germans servers and will reopen accounts next week give me a call if your there i can pl in no time ^^

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
You may try there for urself. They give 2 weeks for free for a new acc, level a thid char quickly and try it. Our locations are different u know - lag might be different for you also.

Just for the record - my ping of daoc.goa.com gives 85 ms on average, camelotherald.com - 165ms.

Haldar mate, I actually checked this out with a comparison for LOTRO. PvMP on US servers is impossible due to lag. So quit lotro for good for me, but i did a speedtest on the web and found that here in the UK via(open transit nodes /run) and the US servers that lotro run and via their nodes and I lose around 3/4 of my connection no matter what tweaking I do to try sort it, it's useless.

Illu, forget mmo's and get on with life mate. At least that's what I am doing or trying to anyway. DAoC was fun, gaming was fun but now last orders has been called for me and i've drank the last to gaming ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom