State of the Game

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Or a RR 10 socr with a DI bot sticking his ass using a ML 9 pet and MOC to kill at character levelling in the frontiers, not now and then but entire nights, day after day...everyone remember Horner? :p

Thats technically a duo though :)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i was kinda kidding, and it's taking things off topic, but oh well.

Very few solo players sought out even fights, the vast majority went for soft targets and easy kills and i don't know of many so-called soloers who didn't zerg and gank his ass off to a decent RR, then suffer selective amnesia about how he had attained that level when he/she began QQing at others for doing the same now he/she was a holier-than-thou soloer now they had reached RR7+.

Sod all challenge killing a RR1 mage on a RR10 assassin and the hypocrasy and blinkered arrogance of many of DAoC's "soloers" was legendary.

Not saying all were like this, but the vast, vast majority on the EU cluster were.

Gifv back the old times :drink:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
if I just could push someone up for 2 meter and let them fall

You can do it already - if you're in a situation with a drop and a wall on one side higher than the drop. Punt the person off over the drop and make sure they hit the wall (hence removing their "fall immunity" they get from being punted). They will then fall to the ground and take the full falling damage from that height.

I love doing that on my BW (although it is getting harder to do now, so i think they're slowly putting workarounds in the code - got to get it just right now since the last patch).

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I solo, or group with just my friends in scenarios.

I don't ever expect to be healed or rezzed when solo, but I find that I get healed/rezzed more when I'm solo than when I'm grouped. Perhaps because the healers see that I'm going out on a limb to try and ensure victory.

You want to know why I solo? Because I'm sick and fucking tired of people yelling out orders like they knew even an ounce of tactics, or think they're some kind of hot shot because they've played and won a scenario or two.

I'm also sick and tired of brats like yourself trying to force your selected playstyle down my throat as holy gospel with nonsense like "intended playstyle" etc. Same reason I've left every general chat and even scenario chat - so I don't have to listen to this inane rubbish that frankly ruins my gameplay a lot more than me not being grouped in a scenario.

How's this for breaking the so-called mold that you put us all in? I go out on a limb doing the scenario objectives - even though they're not rewarding in themselves. I take long ways around to flank and pinch (you do know what this is, right?) our enemies to ensure victory rather than take the easy way out and just stand in the middle of a dual tetsudo clash like a headless chicken.

Oh, and I always help healers vs attackers - even if it means I get myself killed.

You want to call me selfish? Go ahead, I couldn't care less. If I happen to get more xp than you it just means I've done a good job. If I did a poor job I wouldn't get the freebie xp/rp you get in a group - I'd end up at 0 (+ whatever bonus at the end, which is bound to be low since we've probably lost - which has happened about once every ten scenarios.)

So there you have it. I, among other soloers, play solo because of people like you.

no if you got more xp and rp its because you didnt share your gains with the rest of your team like everyone else (not because you did a good job lol, if you did a good job you would be in the group duking it out and playing together with other people to achieve your goal, not dropping group and running around like rambo trying to play a single player, you can justify it with buzz words for tactics and ensuring me you always help healers all you like, fact remains you are playing for yourself and yourself alone and at some point you WILL want to be in these groups, I just hope you are told to do one.)

because you are a selfish player, and you may as well play a single player or an FPS game as you obviously cant function properly with other people.

I didnt put you in the mold, Mythic did, Its not my fault that Scenarios are for team play and I tend to like it, grouping isnt my prefered playstyle I try and lump you into, you must be some kinda moron if you cant see that Mythic intended scearios to be played as groups, as a team not 11 single players vs another 11 or whatever the numbers are.

Your pointless and I dont know why you are in the scenario in the first place. If you wanna solo fine, then go to oRVR areas and search out a real fight. Half the stuff you people say you dont need to drop group for, you can be in the group and still run round looking for fights if you are that bothered (and still be able to communicate properly and co-ordinate with the rest of your team, and also benefit from certain skills that require you to be in the group)

I was actually done with the aggresive crap and was up for a nice discussion but lol at the shite being spouted from this guy.

Justify your lol_playstyle_lol all you like, it doesnt wash.

I wont post again on this subject, its just stupid.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
In my opinion being grouped in the scenario doesn't mean the player is working for the team.

If Whisperess really does half of what he/she claims, then it's way more than the average grouped player does (either lack of understanding of the scenario or just pure lazyness).

Tiani,

To me it sounds that you only think that being grouped is the only thing that matters here. That's really limited way of thinking imo. Frankly it sounds that because he/she isn't sharing rps/exp for you, it's selfish.

Zede

Part of the furniture
no if you got more xp and rp its because you didnt share your gains with the rest of your team like everyone else (not because you did a good job lol, if you did a good job you would be in the group duking it out and playing together with other people to achieve your goal, not dropping group and running around like rambo trying to play a single player, you can justify it with buzz words for tactics and ensuring me you always help healers all you like, fact remains you are playing for yourself and yourself alone and at some point you WILL want to be in these groups, I just hope you are told to do one.)

because you are a selfish player, and you may as well play a single player or an FPS game as you obviously cant function properly with other people.

I didnt put you in the mold, Mythic did, Its not my fault that Scenarios are for team play and I tend to like it, grouping isnt my prefered playstyle I try and lump you into, you must be some kinda moron if you cant see that Mythic intended scearios to be played as groups, as a team not 11 single players vs another 11 or whatever the numbers are.

Your pointless and I dont know why you are in the scenario in the first place. If you wanna solo fine, then go to oRVR areas and search out a real fight. Half the stuff you people say you dont need to drop group for, you can be in the group and still run round looking for fights if you are that bothered (and still be able to communicate properly and co-ordinate with the rest of your team, and also benefit from certain skills that require you to be in the group)

I was actually done with the aggresive crap and was up for a nice discussion but lol at the shite being spouted from this guy.

Justify your lol_playstyle_lol all you like, it doesnt wash.

I wont post again on this subject, its just stupid.

shut it tiani, you got owned in the other thread, dont spout your shit again plze

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
shut it tiani, you got owned in the other thread, dont spout your shit again plze

its the same thread and still the same discussion you moron so please, you shut it.

Also I got owned? How so. You posted your views on it and that = owned ? I'm afraid not

I'm interested in winning scenario's
soloers are interested in farming XP/RP
the guy says he gets more XP/RP because he did a good job = no
he got more xp/rp because he got it to himself and didnt share his contribution with the group (nothing to do with me being selfish because I didnt get a share lol, ins fact in retort to the other guys post)

Here are some facts

I play a scenario I make more than enough XP/RP than I need (at the very least 20k xp and 2-3k Rp per 15 minute game), I dont NEED to drop group and I dont NEED to share anyone elses RP/XP because, I'm not in the scenario for that reason.

If I was THAT bothered about xp/rp I would go solo wouldnt I ? and net myself 50k xp and 5k renown quite easily, But Im not fussed so how is it Im pissed because Soloers dont share their gains with me, I lol'd.

Im pissed, in fact Im not really just my opinion is I dislike soloers because they join scenario's just to gain XP, like farming mobs, I join because I like PVP and I like to win, they try and pass it off with some lame ass excuse about it being their playstyle when none of the stuff they say makes any sense and doesnt justify dropping group.

Its exactly the same mind set and crappy excuses that people playing underdog spec's in other MMO's use when they cant get raid spots with their inferior spec.

Its my playstyle
You dont pay my sub dont tell me how to play
Its effective coz one time I.... etc etc
blablabla

Now how can anyone in their right mind come up with the idea that I am somehow pissed because I dont get some nub's pissy percentage of XP/RP or that I am single minded because I want to play the game how it was meant to be played ? As I said before, it is not MY mindset, MY playstyle or MY preference, it is Mythics ideas, not mine. It they intended people to go solo in scenario's you wouldnt be automatically grouped up as soon as you enter the game. The scenarios wouldnt be objective driven, they would be death match maps.

the 'soloers' will be the first to cry streams of tears when they are done with the grind and cant get into the groups for RvR because people remember them and remember their selfishly farming away in scenarios when everyone else is trying to play together and win 'playstyle'

That really is my last post on the subject. I would have posted at all if it wasnt for Zede's lame post.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Blah Blah Blah

Tiani, please, stop this discussion.
It is clear that this kinds of discussion will not change a thing as we all have our opinions and nothing will ever make us change our mind about it...

So why not just give up before this changes in a flamefest...

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Tiani, please, stop this discussion.
It is clear that this kinds of discussion will not change a thing as we all have our opinions and nothing will ever make us change our mind about it...

So why not just give up before this changes in a flamefest...

I did give up ages ago, I just dont appreciate some of the posts I read since and had to respond, I am entitled to rotort arent I ? Especially when people are attacking me for no real reason.

Like I said I am done with the argument now, just let the thread die.

Zede

Part of the furniture
its the same thread and still the same discussion you moron so please, you shut it.

Also I got owned? How so. You posted your views on it and that = owned ? I'm afraid not

I'm interested in winning scenario's
soloers are interested in farming XP/RP
the guy says he gets more XP/RP because he did a good job = no
he got more xp/rp because he got it to himself and didnt share his contribution with the group (nothing to do with me being selfish because I didnt get a share lol, ins fact in retort to the other guys post)

Here are some facts

I play a scenario I make more than enough XP/RP than I need (at the very least 20k xp and 2-3k Rp per 15 minute game), I dont NEED to drop group and I dont NEED to share anyone elses RP/XP because, I'm not in the scenario for that reason.

If I was THAT bothered about xp/rp I would go solo wouldnt I ? and net myself 50k xp and 5k renown quite easily, But Im not fussed so how is it Im pissed because Soloers dont share their gains with me, I lol'd.

Im pissed, in fact Im not really just my opinion is I dislike soloers because they join scenario's just to gain XP, like farming mobs, I join because I like PVP and I like to win, they try and pass it off with some lame ass excuse about it being their playstyle when none of the stuff they say makes any sense and doesnt justify dropping group.

Its exactly the same mind set and crappy excuses that people playing underdog spec's in other MMO's use when they cant get raid spots with their inferior spec.

Its my playstyle
You dont pay my sub dont tell me how to play
Its effective coz one time I.... etc etc
blablabla

Now how can anyone in their right mind come up with the idea that I am somehow pissed because I dont get some nub's pissy percentage of XP/RP or that I am single minded because I want to play the game how it was meant to be played ? As I said before, it is not MY mindset, MY playstyle or MY preference, it is Mythics ideas, not mine. It they intended people to go solo in scenario's you wouldnt be automatically grouped up as soon as you enter the game. The scenarios wouldnt be objective driven, they would be death match maps.

the 'soloers' will be the first to cry streams of tears when they are done with the grind and cant get into the groups for RvR because people remember them and remember their selfishly farming away in scenarios when everyone else is trying to play together and win 'playstyle'

That really is my last post on the subject. I would have posted at all if it wasnt for Zede's lame post.

masturbate more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom