State of The Game - Mark Jacobs

Turamber

Part of the furniture
BW's need a nerf simple as that,be even more interesting to see the response once they are brought into line with other class's.

Playing in tier 3 I don't see the issue. Sorcerers have plenty of toys and do huge damage. Plus they look considerably cooler than the wizzies.

If you want to talk nerfing where it is deserved, the DoK needs a rethink. All that damage and healing just isn't right ... or warrior priests need extra defences. Heavy armour would be nice imo ;)

But still, bald = sexy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Having re-subbed and patched WoW yesterday to start preparing for the new expansion (I plan on playing both) it is looking very polished, the achievements is a direct rip off but looks better imo, though not as expansive it just feels better. Had a blast round AQ20 and AQ40 to unlock the entries there which was a lot of fun.

I am struggling to find a class in WAR that I can play as a main, I have got several to level 15ish now but seem to get bored pretty quick, though I really want to like it. Don't get me wrong the world is good, I just can't find a class to take me through it :) Ironbreaker, pretty boring after a while, not a patch on my hero, Shadow Warrior, got bored by level 10. BW, yawnomatic (never been a fan of casters anyway) the class that I find the most fun to play is my white lion, though the pet is so bugged I end up logging off after the nth time the stupid thing has legged it off into a bunch of mobs and got me killed.

For me a big part of an MMO is the crafting, it helps build a community with the trade chat, the wheeling and dealing the farming mats etc. I would really like them to add other craft schools to WAR.

They have also gone a little to heavy on instanced PvP content, its ok for farming a few RPs but its just dull, they should have had one instance per tier and made all the others outside PvP zones.

Anyway in a month the expansion comes out for WoW which i imagine prompted Mark to write this piece, I fear there will be quite a few people who do stop playing WAR because blizzard are really going to town on the expansion, which is a shame because WAR really is a good game and given enough time to get the bugs sorted out and a few balance issues sorted could be a great game, sadly these days time is exactly what MMOs are lacking.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Anyway in a month the expansion comes out for WoW which i imagine prompted Mark to write this piece, I fear there will be quite a few people who do stop playing WAR

And hopefully competition will make War become an even better game, it is not a bad thing. Although quite what Warhammer could learn from the PvE raidfest/can't do anything with less than 30 people game like WoW I am not completely sure...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
"Greetings *,

Your account * was closed because the previous subscription period expired.
"

See you in December I guess. Maybe morale abilities will work by then.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
I dont belive a word that is comming from a mythic mouth:p there total failure of daoc with bugs,balance issue's,not paying attention to the playerbase etc etc etc etc... damn long list driving a quite massive playerbase down to below 1k players. is probably the only thing i do admire.

Unless that is what they mean when they said "we learned so mutch from daoc"

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Playing in tier 3 I don't see the issue. Sorcerers have plenty of toys and do huge damage. Plus they look considerably cooler than the wizzies.

If you want to talk nerfing where it is deserved, the DoK needs a rethink. All that damage and healing just isn't right ... or warrior priests need extra defences. Heavy armour would be nice imo ;)

But still, bald = sexy.

Don't worry bud, he doesn't have a legitimate argument, just a recent bout of "NERF-BW" tourettes ;)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

But still, bald = sexy.

your sig says it all..;)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
your sig says it all..;)

Got bored of playing the wizzie on Burlock -- life expectancy in the face of the millions of Destruction melee can be counted in seconds. Plus I discovered just how awesome the Warrior Priest looks clutching his two handed hammer as his head glints in the sun...

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Got bored of playing the wizzie on Burlock -- life expectancy in the face of the millions of Destruction melee can be counted in seconds. Plus I discovered just how awesome the Warrior Priest looks clutching his two handed hammer as his head glints in the sun...

yea ok

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I dont belive a word that is comming from a mythic mouth:p there total failure of daoc with bugs,balance issue's,not paying attention to the playerbase etc etc etc etc... damn long list driving a quite massive playerbase down to below 1k players. is probably the only thing i do admire.

Unless that is what they mean when they said "we learned so mutch from daoc"

rly?

By most players its still regarded as the best mmo of all time. WAR is just daoc light with 75%ish influence from WoW:(

Too bad mythic didnt have the EA engine behind them for daoc, as with some solid marketing and promotions it could still be the best game out there. Problem with daoc tho, u need alot of ppl for it to be fun, and u need friends to play with on regular basis.

What was this major imbalancing? Only 1 class that realy stood out in 8v8 combat and that was the BD, not due to the class but due to the pets. As those pets interupted better then any player in the game, hard to kill, strong util and 2 sec to get it back if killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom