State of The Game - Mark Jacobs

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
In all that text, I failed to see if he says when that patch will be released. I know he says that the Black Guard and Knight of the Blazing Sun will be released in december, but that can't possibly mean that 1.1 will come in december too? Because in that case, he is too early with his news imo.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And so the legend building continues.

Just a day or two before the initial month runs out we have a new nice marketing post.

Thanks for the link, we shall see if the promised changes will be delivered.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
And so the legend building continues.

Just a day or two before the initial month runs out we have a new nice marketing post.

Thanks for the link, we shall see if the promised changes will be delivered.

Thats the first thing I thought, but to be honest it's not really underhand, it's the sort of thing that happens in all industries. As long as what is promised is delivered there isn't really a problem, they sound like they are trying to push warhammer in the right direction rather than just nerfing everything ppl complain about on VN. Looking forward to Empire getting their tank, perhaps people will stop crying about not having enough tanks.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Regarding the possibility to move chars between servers, why hasn't this been done for DAOC?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Some nice things to look forward to.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Different database system?
Not worth the investment?
lack of development resources on this game now?

A combo of all 3?

Minor reasons, one man, a week and it's done.

Maybe they wanted to move the subscription base of DAOC to Warhammer?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ooo, please tell me the Black Guard can be female!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
In all that text, I failed to see if he says when that patch will be released. I know he says that the Black Guard and Knight of the Blazing Sun will be released in december, but that can't possibly mean that 1.1 will come in december too? Because in that case, he is too early with his news imo.

As Manisch has pointed out, they need to release all this information before the first free month expires to give people hope and to continue subscribing.

Mythic does have a large development team, I'd guess they could do a 1.1 for December. Most of the work on the two new classes was done before release, they're probably just going to update and fix it. Whilst the upcoming features sound big, there aren't that many of them.

I'm looking forward to the updates anyway.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
At least this should please some of my guildies! Although I think they'd like the choppa//hammerer too.

I should think that all these changes will be implemented for around Christmas time, they can do big news announcements and stuff to encourage folks to buy it each other for christmas!

Belsameth

Tainted
Don't use your logic on me. Just gimme a Choppa!

But yeah, that's possible. I am sure they're coming at some point... Just can't wait.
Their armour looks better then the other Greenskins combined :)

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Interesting stuff!
And its about time they implement item linking ;)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont like how it says no abilities will be removed. Suggest pullin is here to stay which sucks imo

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
"Almost every career is going to see some changes and love coming their way and there are very, very few changes that will be seen as reductions to a career’s abilities."

Okay who thinks the class that will have abilities reduced will be ..... THE BRIGHT WIZARD!!!!

On another note I hope they make Corp resist something to reduce the chance to be knockdown/knockback/disabled etc etc etc

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
They go the "no nerfs, only boosts"-route which is sham, the moment something gets boosted the other stuff is auto-nerfed.

2 ≠ 1

2 = 1 + 1

2 - 1 = 1

If an ability is strong and its counter ability too weak you can either boost the weak ability or weaken the strong ability. In the context of the two abilities only it will have the same effect, e.g. they could either reduce the overall damage in tier 3/4 or improve overall healing (this would include HP regen too to make a difference for classes that can't heal) and it would be the same result.

Boosting instead of "nerfing" seems to be more popular nowdays, it's still sham. Hopefully they'll boost the right parts, e.g. CC needs immunties, healing needs to be improved a bit and something to help to deal with massive AoE damage would be nice too (beside of spreading out :p).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
In all that text, I failed to see if he says when that patch will be released.

we can now move on to what we are going to do over the next couple of months, culminating with the release of patch 1.1 later this Fall.

no exact date but im assuming he means december = winter? :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Minor reasons, one man, a week and it's done.

Maybe they wanted to move the subscription base of DAOC to Warhammer?

I'm pretty sure if they could merge Mordred and Andred in a week they could have done something similar for char transfer, I think they just saw clustering as an easier alternative. I believe they probably thought the same with server cloning.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
They go the "no nerfs, only boosts"-route which is sham, the moment something gets boosted the other stuff is auto-nerfed.

2 ≠ 1

2 = 1 + 1

2 - 1 = 1

If an ability is strong and its counter ability too weak you can either boost the weak ability or weaken the strong ability. In the context of the two abilities only it will have the same effect, e.g. they could either reduce the overall damage in tier 3/4 or improve overall healing (this would include HP regen too to make a difference for classes that can't heal) and it would be the same result.

Boosting instead of "nerfing" seems to be more popular nowdays, it's still sham. Hopefully they'll boost the right parts, e.g. CC needs immunties, healing needs to be improved a bit and something to help to deal with massive AoE damage would be nice too (beside of spreading out :p).

Boosting usually feels better for most and tbh, aslong as they dont murder classes like they did to zerkers in early DAoC, im a happy fella :)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Boosting usually feels better for most and tbh, aslong as they dont murder classes like they did to zerkers in early DAoC, im a happy fella :)

Pff, that's just an illusion, you know what minstrel complaints were about. They didn't get nerfed, but just about every other class got boosted. So minstrels got left behind as it were. Not that I ever complained about it, but the minstrel players sure did.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I really hope they do nerf the bw's so it will stop all whines, and then to look on destro player's faces when they are still gonna get rolled ;>

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
what do you mean minstrels didnt get boosted ?

obviously someone forgot about the wall climb.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope they do nerf the bw's so it will stop all whines, and then to look on destro player's faces when they are still gonna get rolled ;>

BW's need a nerf simple as that,be even more interesting to see the response once they are brought into line with other class's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom