"State of the Game" - Mark Jacobs, instanced RvR and more

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Instanced Rvr!! DO you know what that means!! if it was fgvfg It may mean buff bots wont be useful!! or at least if you take em it will be 7 vs 8.

Overall:

Sounds good. If its 50% of what I hope it will be good for the game. That coupled with the 'ease of play' changes in 1.71 and 1.72 would be enough to make me stay alot longer.

Instanced RvR is definetly the highlight. Will be interesting to see what variations are avaliable. Maybe a small dungeon for 1vs1 or 2vs2 steather action would be good. and the more generic fgvsFg

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
With clustered RvR servers, what about the people who play different realms on 2 servers (which must be the majority of players who plays 1 realm on exc and another on pryd)? Will they team up with some on the 1 realm, and fight the very same people on the other realm? :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Rookiescot said:
And Whoodoo.... nothing like a nice generalisation to prove a point eh?
I have never raved about any game.
I have never played SWG.
I have never had to come back here and eat humble pie.
I have however posted that it is my hope that the competition will cause DAoC to become a better game.
Sorry to generalise, but when I read positive things GOA / Mythic shout publicly, then start to scroll down to see how long it takes some arse to type "WoW" in a sentance, it makes me cringe to read on in fear the thread yet again gets hyjaked by "Im leaving for wow fo!!".

And just because my post happened to follow yours, does not mean its pointed directly at you, its directed at the thread itself, dont take things out of context.

One thing with Instanced RvR, will this mean people willactually start playing Shamman as chars again, not just BBs?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
One thing with Instanced RvR, will this mean people willactually start playing Shamman as chars again, not just BBs?

Aye that was my second thought. Could be another subtle change to make BB less desirable. Still good for pve but you will possibly be able to compete without em. esp if there is a less than fg instance.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
They sound like some awesome ideas. my thoughts of coming back for catacombes are getting stronger ;)

Im still yet to see/play a game that even compares with daoc for it's overall gameplay/graphics and just general almost spot on ness. after all mythic are not gods, and as such new implementations and ideas take time..imo gif them credit for what they have accomplished..a game that has run for nearly 3 years and people are still so impressed with it that it makes them winge n whine.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
With clustered RvR servers, what about the people who play different realms on 2 servers (which must be the majority of players who plays 1 realm on exc and another on pryd)? Will they team up with some on the 1 realm, and fight the very same people on the other realm? :)

To avoid any problems with that, they could cluster us with a random german and random french server :) less chance to mix accounts up that way.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Rookiescot said:
Shit mate thats absolutly priceless.
Three times I've read it and I'm still laughing.
Im still waiting on the facts ur baseing ur QQ's on tho...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I don't honestly think clustering Excalibur with Prydwen will make any difference, maybe if there was 3 or 4 english servers it might balance out. But 2? thats not going to have much of an impact.

Thats if we ever get clustering, remember GoA cant even do Account splitting never mind shared RvR clusters.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Koyochi said:
To avoid any problems with that, they could cluster us with a random german and random french server :) less chance to mix accounts up that way.

Although there is the possibility of people logging in alts to farm RPS

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
They will design it so that buffbots can be used, you honestly believe they would throw away 25% of their subscriptions (bot accounts)?

Especially after they've been through all the trouble to make it possible to easily dual-log characthers..

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
I think the clustering idea may never reach europe.

Some servers in the us only have a player base of around 500 peeps in prime time.
Think it's for those servers they are making this clustering thingie.
BTW if we are in big keep fights we alrdy lag our asses off. What is it going to be when we cluster servers and do rvr then?

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
mightybunny said:
I think the clustering idea may never reach europe.

Some servers in the us only have a player base of around 500 peeps in prime time.
Think it's for those servers they are making this clustering thingie.
BTW if we are in big keep fights we alrdy lag our asses off. What is it going to be when we cluster servers and do rvr then?

Yea you got a point there.. last night when there was A LOT of rvr going on (zergs from both hib, mid and alb) in albland, I had trouble keeping 2 accounts logged in.. would go LD on one, and then log back in just to go LD on the other... such trouble :(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
They will design it so that buffbots can be used, you honestly believe they would throw away 25% of their subscriptions (bot accounts)?

Especially after they've been through all the trouble to make it possible to easily dual-log characthers..

No I think they will limit the instance to a set number of people (just like catacombs) so if you bring a buff bot you lose an active player.. Buff bots will still be 100% effective in normal rvr and pve just not 100% effective in instanced rvr. I would still keep my second account in these circumstances.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It would make sense to cluster together servers that have different low population realms - though how that fits with the anti-crossrealming stance is hard to see since nothing to stop you rolling an alt on the server you are clustered with.

But since both ideas have very little detail to them just yet its premature to start screaming how bad it will be :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:
You cant fix what is permanently broken (TOA...)

Once again people who dont play daoc yet for some reason still troll these boards try to hijack threads. This was a discussion about NEW stuff if you wanna whine about TOA do it in a different thread.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
[TB] Benedictine said:
You cant fix what is permanently broken (TOA...)

they already made big changes to arti leveling... rest of toa could be fixed REALLY easy and fast, only need a couple of simple but significant configuration changes to arti pop timers & scroll drop rates.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
You cant log 2 characters on the same account at the same time so that will take care of most of the trouble of people "pl'ing" their own characters by killing another of their characters repeatedly for rp etc. You can already do this if you own 2 accounts, and people have tried it - those who were found out were banned etc, as its very much against the CoC.

Anyway, daoc in a 6 months+ should be interesting again:
Instanced rvr zones
Easier artifact leveling
Easier master levels
Free levels, gold and items for new characters leveling up
Better gfx
Funnier PvE in catacombs :eek6:

Looks promising :)

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Very interesting changes here... might make it worth reconsidering WoW, although these changes prolly won't be here until at best summer 2005 I suppose. Oh well, can give WoW a serious try in the meantime. :)

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Cluster thingie sounds cool, Instanced arena stuff sounds idiotic. I dont wanna know where/how many/who is inc. The thrill of a suprise jump is kickass. :)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm I read clustered servers as custard servers....I know which I'd prefer!

<hides bottle opener>

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
i surely just hope they mean a fg vs fg irvr - or else no problems will be solved, albs will just be zergx2 and hib will just be outnumberedx2

Chilly

Balls of steel
Mastade said:
i surely just hope they mean a fg vs fg irvr - or else no problems will be solved, albs will just be zergx2 and hib will just be outnumberedx2
ignorand ****. Hibs have problems mustering 80, not 8. try using your fucking brain before you talk shit. in fact, fuck off.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Chilly said:
ignorand ****. Hibs have problems mustering 80, not 8. try using your fucking brain before you talk shit. in fact, fuck off.

Hehe, looks like someone has issues...

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:

Tis always the zerglings that feel guilty and start ranting ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom