State of RvR on excal?

majik

Banned
The zerg, which people keep refering to was worse in OF because you would get stuck at AMG/MMG/HMG. In NF if you do not like the zerg you can avoid it.

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
The difference is someone who adds to piss people off and someone who just makes a mistake. Afaik few do it to piss people off. That's why someone who starts being a **** over it is just asking to be added on. If someone can't handle other people spotting an enemy in a rvr realm and wading in before they've realised it's a pure fg v fg fight, then they are playing the wrong game.

Exactly Bracken :cheers:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
majik said:
The only pet hate I have is there is a lot of bridge/dock camping, which can't be helped for the fg's who are rp horny but it gets very tedious very quickly.

Rather than get ganked by 2-4 stealthers at a bridge I find it easier to just swim around it :p

Makes more sense to use SL and advance carefully, see how it looks then attack and get zerged by the stealthers you missed :wub:

Helme

Resident Freddy
Jika said:
who told u that radar dosent work ? ask ur guildies imo, they know it better
Who told you radar does work? Stop throwing random accusions ebayboi(oops did I just say that?)

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
But when pryd and excal will be merged it will rock :)

I'd like to quote you with a question kalba.

Do you think so? I played a bit rvr on hib/pryd, and the activity on prydwen was at all time low, even before NF went live.

You also write that there's 3 zones to roam in now with NF. My thought about this and the server clustering is: there will be 6 zones to roam when clustering going live? if you can follow my thoughts..

Can't say anything about it ofc, can only hope there will be some more good fights around with the clustering thingy.

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Maji if only u d played stealther pre nf ;((( now its just daoc of stealthwars and it sux believe me .... anyway acc closed <-- so who cares =)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
clustering means a combined frontier - everything else is separate, but it won't happen because it's bad enough only having two servers to roll alts on ;)

people whine about not having 3 english servers to roll on all three realms... imagine if we only had one.

Plus neither excal nor prydwen is at under 400 peak time ;) which seems to be the benchmark for clustering (percival was a 1k peak time but was probably only clustered because nimue at 400 needed another RP server to cluster with)

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd tend to feel better to lose a fair fight then win one that was only won because someone added to save me, but only against guilds i had some measure of respect for.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
All what Aeoric said really.

Nothing wrong with NF, only with the lack of ppl.

Running around with a solo lowbie RR minser with loads of high RR stealthers around is not much fun. Tricked Paradoxx and killed him once today, was so proud of myself I could burst. well until Maji arrived and pulled me down again.

But I agree. I dont see many hibs around and only long played groups of mids. So my options to get rps is pretty much run all day for 1 kill. Add to other fights and be there when sieges is on.

I love NF, but it needs more ppl. Merge Pryd and Excal. :p

well, merging 2 servers one with 1500 and one with 800 at primetime wont make much difference - it's not even the numbers that excal had alone before NF was launched.
And besides that albs are also the most populated realm on pryd so it wont make any changes to population balance.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
well, merging 2 servers one with 1500 and one with 800 at primetime wont make much difference - it's not even the numbers that excal had alone before NF was launched.
I think the numbers are even lower then that, last i checked at primetime excal had about 1100 online and prydwen around 600, maybe was a bad day but still..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
clustering means you CANT play 2 realms unless you have chars on each before they implement it. So if you had a mid and a alb on excal and pry and wanted to play hib you would have to delete your chars off both to play hibernia.
Clustering excal and pry is a bad idea imo

majik

Banned
GrIrcSpammer said:
Maji if only u d played stealther pre nf ;((( now its just daoc of stealthwars and it sux believe me .... anyway acc closed <-- so who cares =)

Wish I did mate;/

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
The zerg, which people keep refering to was worse in OF because you would get stuck at AMG/MMG/HMG. In NF if you do not like the zerg you can avoid it.

Thats is pretty much the truth. And what i have said before, NF is what you make of it, if you want fg fights, you can have it. If you want to hug towers you can do that aswell. There is a lot of action for the casual player not saying that the leet mofo rp whores dont have fun. Most of those set fights via irc - but.. still, as Kalba said, it can be hard from time to time to actually find fg fights - but then there is alot of solo sb's to steamroll ~~

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
And besides that albs are also the most populated realm on pryd

? of 7-800 online its 100-200 (max) albs... and if thats the most it must be something pretty wired!!! one :eek2:

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
? of 7-800 online its 100-200 (max) albs... and if thats the most it must be something pretty wired!!! one :eek2:

so which is the most populated realm on pryd then? according to the Roll of Honour (www.daoc-europe.com) alb on pryd has the most active players followed by mid and hib. (you can also check www.duskwave.com/daoc as they are using the same xml files)

btw i sometimes play bg1 on pryd when i am bored and i have never seen less than 200 albs online at primetime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom