State of FG RvR.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
don't be daft, there wouldn't be any clerics or minstrels :)

2 armsmen, a two handed paladin (for heals) and 2 wizards running around at tank speed.

Bloody hell, that's a perfect set up, 2 arms and a 2h pally , 2 wizzys wow!

Usually, it was 2 scouts, 2 Spirit cabbies and a Sorcy if you were lucky.

DS.

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
they were yelling at me not to kill him, i mean, he MEZZED us :<

NF is better then OF tbh

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
New Frontiers is good imo, better RA system, less downtime in RvR.

Bloodclot

Banned
eregion got owned!

tbh, kippie should lead hib groups. could be more interesting to fight them. if he doesn't use any nearsight that is :/ can't use my trowing axes then

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
i knew we should have killed him... now he backstabs us with screenshots :O How rude!

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I really despise the "I wish stealthers wouldn't add elitist bollux".

Stealthers of all realms typically hug keeps, if FG don't want adds then don't go near keeps, organise your elitist duals else where, or better still shut up whining and play CounterStrike. Most FG certainly will chase me down and kill me if they see me in a 1 v1, so my attitude is feck 'em, next fight I see them their healer won't be doing much healing....

The game is RvR not FG v FG or 1 v 1, and it's about time people remembered that and stopped whining. You don’t have to fight where the stealthers are, you choose where to fight.

NF gives more variety, defending and attacking keeps, route camping, dock camping, bridge camping. In OF 90% of fights were at Emain AMG and MMG, 10% in Odin’s or Hadrian’s, it was very dull.
PoC is fun too, making all artefacts level there was a nice idea and certainly better than the old RvR dungeon.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Xajorkith said:
In OF 90% of fights were at Emain AMG and MMG

Sorry, but no. You seem to have no idea, most of the fights were at the ridge when running towards hib entrance, breifine, and general tower area, not to mention the AMG-MMG :m00:

And what I wanted to know in this thread is that is it really more fun to take those keeps and towers, instead of actually fighting enemy groups.

I guess for me it's hard to see the other side, where your group gets totally owned each time you run as 1.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
At first I thought NF is ok, especially from caster pov as I played one, but damn how wrong I was :(

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
NF is a lot better then OF imo.

I think it is about time the FG roamers start realizing that their game is practically dead. Times evolve and so should they.

I do not mean to say that these ppl became useless, no, in no way they have. What we have seen is that those full groups are indeed one off the more stable adds a siege can receive. If Albion is in offence, they could be the once guarding flanks and rear for the incomming troops that want to reinforce the towers and keeps. That is the spot where they could easely fing hteir FG figh then.

Nf is indeed a way off involving more off the casual players on line, because they still are the majority off the players. PPL get on line, chat a bit, pve a bit, action in fronteer, they look at the map, charge to it, get some form offgroup and they will have their share off a fight.

You may see that the FG will try to establish something similar to OF around some Key-points like a Bridge near a harbour. BUt they will get so bored by it eventually. Because they start their fight.. it pop's up on the map and other ppl join in, friend or foe. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to have your FG fights. /cheer

one thing pp should try to use a bit more is some msg's to all ppl logging in like : give a fall-out base.. where ppl can port to find other ppl to group up with in a minimum off time and go fight where they are needed.

So a bit more communication would indeed improve gaming a lot for all.

The fg's that don't wanne be part off this, could still find their fights around the central fighting zones. But as it is now, rvr is to focussed to some minorities charging to a tower , capturing it and they realize they stand NO chance to hold that fight for a while. So ppl really need to focus their fights a bit more... even more then now...

more zergs in a smaller location to improves succes rate.

cheer

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Red HATred said:
NF is a lot better then OF imo.

I think it is about time the FG roamers start realizing that their game is practically dead. Times evolve and so should they.
-etc etc etc-
Hit the nail on the head, zerg with us or fuck off to wow is pretty much the attitude of the casual player nowdays

Has it ever occured to you that some of us find zerging boring and keeptakes pointless?
Soon as the last fg enemy logs off you will find the rest of the fg's /quit and you can enjoy your keepfights in peace till the majority get bored and realise there is no other options left as the evil fg's have gone

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I prefered the OF, even though I've always been a very casual player. Those keeps have always been there, it was the only battlefield we knew. Sure, it got repetitive but it had some very charming parts. Like being able to conquer half the keeps in Albion with 1 good FG :)
The problem with NF is it's based on tower- and keeptaking, but towers get taken back quite fast and keeps are just too damn hard to get down, especially if you have to fight 100+ albs/hibs in the process.
Oh well, like most other casual playes I know I've now "fucked off" to WoW so I aint' complaining (anymore) :)

Kind regards

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
The problem with NF is it's based on tower- and keeptaking, but towers get taken back quite fast and keeps are just too damn hard to get down, especially if you have to fight 100+ albs/hibs in the process.

Kind regards

i disagree on that part.... (no offence)

the players are the problem here also, not the game and the system, i'll try and explain why (imo)
Albion gathers a group, charges into fronteer, rams a gate down on a tower , conquers it... claims it.... all goes well till this point.
Then suddenly they start realizing that the tower they captured is, either in range of a CK and get bombarded to shreds within minutes, therefore losing it even faster then they captured it.
Or , they take a tower in the middle off nowhere, hoping that they can get some support in defending it...but not considerring the strategical position of their hunt. Therefore making it impossible to even get support there and help them out.
More then half the tower fights from albion are lost from one and sole reason... the players. They claim a tower and expect a counteraction within minutes.. small force so they can farm a bit. They don't get it, because the enemy ain't that stupid either and then leave their low tower UNGUARDED , because guarding a tower is sooo boring to them..
Well my advice to those ppl is.. don't claim a tower you know you can't do anything with.. help a tower taken by a serious guild and try to establish a zone-in keep in focussing all str at one point. Instead off scattering all forces totally uncoordinated and chaotic, focus it.

I do understand every player is looking for their kind of fun.... i do, honestly. But take in consideration that there are about 600 that want the same thing, their fun. The only way off solving that is to compremise in one thing that all want and that is to have a fun fight in some location. Assist each other in obtaining it , focus all effords. you will find all your fun in that location where it is ... coordinated, strategically focussed and with a "possible" purpose

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ironfart spreading his word about how he likes zergs and towers again?

Even thought I never got an group in OF, I still liked it better then the current zergshit thats going on.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
I cant understand your reasoning that fg rvr is dead Red..... all you have to do is check LWRP for the FG Guilds

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
as divina put it NF = Noskill fuckshit ;x

soo many towers, if the keeps had 1, or 2 towers maybe it could be acceptable, but 4 towers each is a bit too much imo, 24x4 towers (and 24 keeps ;p). and so many guards, and they're pretty strong too ;/

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Kalba said:
Sorry, but no. You seem to have no idea, most of the fights were at the ridge when running towards hib entrance, breifine, and general tower area, not to mention the AMG-MMG :m00:

you have to remember that stealthers OF was amg and mmg emain 8/

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
as divina put it NF = Noskill fuckshit ;x

soo many towers, if the keeps had 1, or 2 towers maybe it could be acceptable, but 4 towers each is a bit too much imo, 24x4 towers (and 24 keeps ;p). and so many guards, and they're pretty strong too ;/

If there were less choices then there would be less places to fight, can easily see it boiling down to 1-2 towers being utterly camped every day by 1-2 keeps.

NF depends on more people, I think some of the terrain features are pretty dead but on the other hand those dead areas are good to move through as a stealther, because all the other ones are camped by alpha :wub:

The game changed, there are fg battles to be had and zergs aren't particurlarly skilled but that doesn't mean that playing NF requires no skill, it sure as hell does because you can easily tell the good players from the shit ones.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
you have to remember that stealthers OF was amg and mmg emain 8/

Yes, we all imagined the hibs/albs standing off at the AMG and the mids sandwiching hibs on an almost nightly basis, maybe it wasn't 90% of emain rvr but it was close!

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:
I cant understand your reasoning that fg rvr is dead Red..... all you have to do is check LWRP for the FG Guilds

rp ratings don't mean a thing.. really, just represent the number off hours you spend in rvr...not the skill you fought with, not the skill off a group.
You can for 100% sure say that most off those group-guilds farmed their rp's at a tower they farmed and where they got support from other realm-mates.. so fg rvr is dead, in that way, thay you never ever have a decent fg vs fg fight anymore :)

ok, the Dating-service will take care off those ppl to get them a fg fight in some distant location eventually..... none will know.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
Ironfart spreading his word about how he likes zergs and towers again?

Even thought I never got an group in OF, I still liked it better then the current zergshit thats going on.

first off all, beeing from another realm, i demand that you at least do an efford off typing my nick-name as it should be (as goes for my realmies, but hey...they have their reasons, you haven't). Not having any in-game experience with me gives you absolutely no right in trying to slender someone with his nick. I can't help it your realm is filled with low IQ beasts... mine ain't :) (well, ok, some are just as bad).

The current zerging shit as you call it.. is just a war, nothing more nothing less.
The thing is that instead off the old fashion stupid E-main-single-field-battle for groups and The gate skirmishes for stealthers and smaller groups had turned into one huge zone with tons off possibilities... ppl aren't using them.
instead off rush.../release ...rush /release...it became more detailed...
now it is ... rush....sail..... /release.... rush..... sail... release..
(lol) just 1min more time-sink a rush... and ONLY cause you chose it. Fighting without purpose will get you bored and piss off to WoW indeed.
PPl that piss off cause they are bored or don't like the concept... just have never fitted into this universe for starters ;-)

so cheerio, bye bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom