State of FG RvR.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
After release of NF the Fg scene has gone down a lot, randomgroups no longer do it, rather camping towers, keeps or bridges. Getting a fight without "adds" is no longer possible due to the enormous number of archers.

NF made the game more versatile when it really came to warfare, taking keeps is more versatile than pre NF, where you couldnt personalise your keep at all. ONly make it's level different.

RA changes can also be discussed of, I find that some ideas are exellent, such as the purge timer, and purge1 having a 5 sec delay. BUt then again some RA's like the mana regen ones are far too expensive, a character used to use 19points for mana regen, now if you want anything close that you need at least 20+.

But, to come to my point. Do you think that this really was good for the enjoyment factor of the RvR part of the game?

These days the fights are seldom enjoyable, due to the fact that you cant meet any incoming groups or have that kind of "fg vs. fg" scene as a "dedicated player" but what I want to know that do the so called casual players think alike, that actually fighting enemy groups was more itneresting than tryin to get a kill while the enemies flee inside a tower/keep?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
in general i think NF is a really good expansion, but there should be more room for fg vs fg.. it's very enjoyable for a lot of people, even though it's being disgusted by a lot of people for some reason

also, high level walls/gates should be easier to repair. it's no fun to repair at all, so why force people to go through it? just let them autoregen from a certain %, i think walls do, but gates should also

one big problem with NF is that rvr is only fun if some realm takes initiative and organises some siege events. like lastnight, the rvr was great for nearly everyone. but if all towers are controlled by their own realm, the only thing to do is killing expers or roam around brynja.. :mad:

it's a shame so many towers are claimed, the rvr is a lot better if towers are captured because it gives everyone a clear target to move to (groups roam around them, casual people roam with the zergs, solo people roam supply lines etc). used to take towers in the morning all the time but its not possible anymore, because of stupid lvl 10 towers everywhere :(

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
havnt been online for quite some time.. but i think the ppl you want to ask dont read FH ...

and tbh i heard in game that loads of the casuals had way more fun than before..

espcially the casual albs enjoyed the game a lot more ... anything is more fun than standing at atk yelling for group 1-2 hours and then giving up leaving atk in a group with 2 armsmen, 1 cleric, 2 wizards and a minser if you where lucky ...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I like it - it's fighting with a point.

Be it taking a tower back from some mids/hibs or defending a tower in enemy territory.

Fights inside keeps are good fun in the BGs and when it's not too zergy...,
my computer can't really handle a superzergy fight - defending/retaking is fun.

The organised alb relic raids are a bit computer-killing though.

It's much more fun when you can say "we're defending this tower" rather than "erm we're running back from mmg to amg because there was nothing there" :)

plus fg vs fg in emain was generally a 5s long fight where my group died horribly to some higher RR/more organised foe with better class setup.

I used to like HW but even then it was often completely dead, odins varied between camped milegates, instadeath 2fg forces and overtaken by albs so nothing to kill.

We did a "last night" of Old frontiers RvR just before it went live (on the monday before I think)...

we went to HW with our gimp group, it was dead. We sat about for a bit, killed some poor solo skald.

Went to odins, 4fg albs roaming around, nothing to kill, till a 10fg mid retake force arrived...

Went emain, nothing to kill, albs everywhere, went to MMG, the 10fg retake force came emain and wiped us a few times.

I'm sure we got flattened in a matter of seconds by some gank group at some point too.

Our last night of OF was pretty much a combination of all the worst bits ;) there were some times when it was fun - there's been times in NF when I get annoyed and log/go pve.

However, there's that sense of purpose in NF that just wasn't there in OF (running around in circles on the emain loop just didn't appeal to me, I was in a Black Falcons group one evening with my merc which was great fun, some good fights, bit of banter on the /g (don't think they had voicecomms then), but the whole thing felt kinda pointless and unfulfilling)

I should try and convince myself into getting RR6 on Glamis then I'd probably RvR more ;) need to finish levelling up my other smiter and respec him first though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Filip said:
espcially the casual albs enjoyed the game a lot more ... anything is more fun than standing at atk yelling for group 1-2 hours and then giving up leaving atk in a group with 2 armsmen, 1 cleric, 2 wizards and a minser if you where lucky ...

don't be daft, there wouldn't be any clerics or minstrels :)

2 armsmen, a two handed paladin (for heals) and 2 wizards running around at tank speed.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
don't be daft, there wouldn't be any clerics or minstrels :)

2 armsmen, a two handed paladin (for heals) and 2 wizards running around at tank speed.

I liked (meeting) those groups :)

And flim, you got 2 smiters? :eek7:

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Ive said it before and I'll say it again... OF was good, but rather repetitive, for the reason posted above really.. NF does indeed give a better sense of purpose, and the versatility it brings to the game is nothing short of beautiful. Mind you, getting a bit pissed off with the buggers who have been constantly attacking us at daBehn fins today :flame: heheh. Ah its all good fun :cheers:

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I dont miss OF that much, pretty much cos of the MG's.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
havnt been online for quite some time.. but i think the ppl you want to ask dont read FH ...

pretty much says it, most casual players arn't bothered enough to put up with these forums :)

Personally though, whilst im very glad to see milegates gone Mythic, as per usual, have gone to the other extreme by making the frontiers too open now, with no bottle necks anywhere to clash.

In my experiance most FG fights tend to happen at the docks and bridges when someone reports the enemy loc to other groups about they know, which coincidently screws over the soloers in the area.

With NF Mythic had a wonderful opportunity to make the frontiers perfect for ALL tastes, but they wasted it by catering only to one preferance.

p.s the new RA system is ******* horrible. fin

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Fana said:
And flim, you got 2 smiters? :eek7:

Can't decide if I prefer yellow dex/qui or two instaheals ;)
(40e 35s 9r vs 44s 30r 8e)
so I'm gonna level up a second smiter and stop burning up all the respec stones I find :) level 36 so far... was originally gonna be a rejuv/enhance type but my god it's so dull in pve... smite time!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the big thing that I feel let down about by NF is all the cool terrain that just doesn't get used...

the NF trailer has a really cool bit where 5 archers run across one of the rope bridges and stand there shooting at the hibs below...

has that actually happened to anyone in game?

The RvR missions might make that sort of thing a bit more common I guess though... have to wait and see :)

vintervargen

Banned
so, the 50% population that stopped playing excal, were hardcore rvr guilds?

i thought everyone used to say that rvr guilds only were a small % ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the NF trailer has a really cool bit where 5 archers run across one of the rope bridges and stand there shooting at the hibs below...

has that actually happened to anyone in game?

ofc not, they´d be qc stunned and debuff-nuked into orbit. silly fing!!1

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
fg scene is fine atm imo. some nice mid grps, some ok hib grps and more inc soon i hear. sure u get zerged sometimes but no more than OF tbh. stealth adds are a problem (they always were, but in OF it was rare unless near a milegate or the amg-mmg zonewall) but it depends where u fight ofc.

the only thing that rly rly pisses me off about NF now is the whole port-door-door-port-door-door-boat shit. i sooner be sat afk on pad makin a coffee and sandwich tbh :/

...oh and the ra costs are a bad joke. :twak:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

/agree

45 points for rp3 mcl2 takes the piss, it used to be 19 for the same powerammount. sure, longer timers, but i preferred them anyway

lots more things arent right as they are atm (cough charge cough)

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
the only thing that rly rly pisses me off about NF now is the whole port-door-door-port-door-door-boat shit. i sooner be sat afk on pad makin a coffee and sandwich tbh :/

Sitting on pad waiting to port = IRC time, givf back tbh, and nerf the RA costs.

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
so, the 50% population that stopped playing excal, were hardcore rvr guilds?

i thought everyone used to say that rvr guilds only were a small % ;)

´HAHAHHAHAHA :wub: :cheers: :worthy:

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Geuin said:
´HAHAHHAHAHA :wub: :cheers: :worthy:
Small % or not, the only ones who miss them is other leet ppl, but they already quit so in other words no one miss them

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
Small % or not, the only ones who miss them is other leet ppl, but they already quit so in other words no one miss them

oki fotm :worthy:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
roovah said:
give back old frontier

givf givf :/ I wasnt the biggest fan of yelling lfg at mtk emain hour after hour to get a grp but even that was more fun than defending/attacking a tower/keep as a warrior >.<

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
kippie mez > 3 pac healers with all insta up
tbh learn to pan ereg!!

noobshitinstahealer!

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Nf is utter crap, "even less" skill more zerg and use the broken ml's as much as poss for the end win..

Questions like, humm how come a mobile pet can hit me for 300-400 each combat round giving an easy win for a pet class?

Answers include, Well you should have been grouped noob bwhahaha

Give me an old style frontier with a hib port n a few key keeps and not the 40 towers and keeps per realm crap. Doesnt matter how u put it nf doesnt suit fg rvr or a soloing (unless your rr10) character such Zzzz

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Pipppi said:
kippie mez > 3 pac healers with all insta up
tbh learn to pan ereg!!

noobshitinstahealer!
can anyone outskill kippie? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom