State of FG RvR.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
NF is what you make of it.. if you want a fg fight, dl irc, join #1337ggs.exc and dont be intimidated by the name - no1 is really leet inthere ;X - if you like zerg fighting, take a #1 tower

Helme

Resident Freddy
Red HATred said:
first off all, beeing from another realm, i demand that you at least do an efford off typing my nick-name as it should be (as goes for my realmies, but hey...they have their reasons, you haven't). Not having any in-game experience with me gives you absolutely no right in trying to slender someone with his nick. I can't help it your realm is filled with low IQ beasts... mine ain't :) (well, ok, some are just as bad).

I call you Ironfart because thats what your damage is, crap.

And don't worry about your low IQ, your not alone in Albion. Also you won't be seeing my goodbye post for WoW so keep dreaming.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Mastade said:
NF is what you make of it.. if you want a fg fight, dl irc, join #1337ggs.exc and dont be intimidated by the name - no1 is really leet inthere ;X - if you like zerg fighting, take a #1 tower

When did you stop being 1337? :(

Btw can I add on your fights if you're losing? :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Culanan said:
When did you stop being 1337? :(

Btw can I add on your fights if you're losing? :p

I have never been leet :( still working on that!

and no :p

Kais

Banned
Red HATred said:
rp ratings don't mean a thing.. really, just represent the number off hours you spend in rvr...not the skill you fought with, not the skill off a group.
You can for 100% sure say that most off those group-guilds farmed their rp's at a tower they farmed and where they got support from other realm-mates.. so fg rvr is dead, in that way, thay you never ever have a decent fg vs fg fight anymore :)

ok, the Dating-service will take care off those ppl to get them a fg fight in some distant location eventually..... none will know.

our gg runs maybe 4 hours per night average, its just coincidence we make the amount of rps we do in that amount of time?, no skill involved?. We rarely have 'support' from our realm mates in meaningful numbers, most are just out to leech as much as possible. An a final point, fg rvr is far from dead at the moment atleast, time will tell whether wow delivers the final blow to it though.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
I am having fun again in daoc and there are actually fg fights happening still although less than in OF. Of course RvR has changed in the way that you will hardly find guild groups anymore the way it used to be in OF (at least in hib and mid that's the case - albs got 2-3 regular guild groups I think).

What some people like Ironheart forget is that zerg warfare is not fun when you are outnumbered 2:1 all the time - not every hib is uber leet gank group player you know. Especially since NF lots of the high RR ones have quit and there are many low RR casual players now that wanna have fun (just like mids and albs) but is very difficult due to the population issue. That's why mids and hibs prefer fg fights - cause population doesnt play a role there. But ofc I don't expect you to understand other people's point of view.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
rp ratings don't mean a thing.. really, just represent the number off hours you spend in rvr...not the skill you fought with, not the skill off a group.
You can for 100% sure say that most off those group-guilds farmed their rp's at a tower they farmed and where they got support from other realm-mates.. so fg rvr is dead, in that way, thay you never ever have a decent fg vs fg fight anymore :)

ok, the Dating-service will take care off those ppl to get them a fg fight in some distant location eventually..... none will know.

tbh i dont think you should use "100%" when you dont know what it means

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
none of those guilds farm their rpts by going to towers, well maybe Synergy :) But rvr guilds like to roam and meet the other fg's for fun fights. Its not really that hard farming the random grps of 5-6 people and tbh any decent fg will get good rpts in NF by just killinng these grps. FG rvr is not dead and alot of guilds are trying to revive them selves.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:
none of those guilds farm their rpts by going to towers, well maybe Synergy :) But rvr guilds like to roam and meet the other fg's for fun fights. Its not really that hard farming the random grps of 5-6 people and tbh any decent fg will get good rpts in NF by just killinng these grps. FG rvr is not dead and alot of guilds are trying to revive them selves.

Amen.

Not like NF became too easy, more like everyone joined the initial rush to see what keep/tower taking was all about, then when it cooled down the crowd split into two, those who enjoy fg rvr and wanted to strive to build up fg rvr again and those who still enjoy a bit of tower taking have that option.

Although the main problem, aside from population imbalance is that NF needs a higher volume of people to work than we have atm. An even split between the 3 realms would be interesting :)

Dalilama

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

the warden have spoken!
and dont use 100%, when u have no clue okithxbye?

Calo

Part of the furniture
The keeps are just WAY to strong to get imo..

In OF there was like everyday a keeptake, now if 1 keeptake happens its all zerg zerg zerg.. or u have to take a keep at night.

boring, so fg vs fg is better :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

have u even got a char thats over RR6? when was the last time u even ran in a semi-competant fg?

stop talking out of your asshole.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
NF has changed RvR alot, I think for the better also. Its given casual players the opportunity to actually earn rps, even if its crap.. it's still something. I don't have too spend hours on end shouting lfg anymore like I did in OF, then decide that no grp invites were gonna happen, then spend 10 mins each time running on end regen too HTK odins too get steamrolled 1/2 way by a FG hibs :p I can just port too the action, get crappy rps, but its alot more fun than OF for most casual players, simply because I reckon I'm getting more action for my buck.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:

some guilds seem to fancy tower humping, and some guilds seem to 'pass by' dropoffs a few hundred times too often, but its part of the game and can always be 'avoided'

on hib atm its _extremelly_ hard to get a proper fg up and running for more than a couple runs.. there is always some serious 'lacks' and most of the time poor coordination (cause ppl not been used to play together and rarely using voicecom)
but getting 2-6 ppl minigrps or just 'decent' fgs is ok.. just sucks when/if u get outperformed by a setgrp ppl goes nuts on irc and the craptalk starts.. cause ppl leaves or the mood goes bad, mature players dont quite care ;p~

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
judging by last night...

the alb gank groups were taking towers in midgard and flattening the random mids that came to retake

meanwhile the mid and hib gank groups were doing the same around benowyc/bold docks

*mumbles something nasty about being RA dumped on by a RR10 group :p so pointless - it's HG ffs ;) your bonedancer coulda soloed us, heck your healer coulda probably soloed us*

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
lofff said:
just sucks when/if u get outperformed by a setgrp ppl goes nuts on irc and the craptalk starts..

last night after the third instawipe I was getting a bit miffed...
(no way we can kill these groups, which is why we don't go looking for them.. unfortunately they tend to find us when we're catching boats and the like)
4th almost made me decide "sod it, cba tonight" but we eventually made it to midgard and had some fun so glad I didn't :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
last night after the third instawipe I was getting a bit miffed...
(no way we can kill these groups, which is why we don't go looking for them.. unfortunately they tend to find us when we're catching boats and the like)
4th almost made me decide "sod it, cba tonight" but we eventually made it to midgard and had some fun so glad I didn't :)

heh, i so know the feeling ;p yesterday we had some runs on a 3-5ppl grp, got killed about 3 times by high rr mid setgrps camping nott dropoff lol Eventually one of the grps was all underwater spread just waiting for the easy rps to come in /shrug

Chronictank

FH is my second home
we run a fg every Tuesday and Friday 7gmt onwards if u want a poke :)
only low rr atm but we hold our own most the time :)

Its not the winning, its having a good time dying :cheers:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
These days the fights are seldom enjoyable, due to the fact that you cant meet any incoming groups or have that kind of "fg vs. fg" scene as a "dedicated player"

There's no such thing as a dedicated fg scene. Hasn't been for a long time. There are groups who run as fg but they will kill pretty much anything they come across, they will loiter around the edges of zergs to pick off wanderers, they will happily gank soloers, duos or little groups of 3 or 4 that are roaming around (which then leads to those people telling the zerg where that group is). So in my book they aren't in it for the fg fights. If they were they would act very differently - that's why I can't take their complaints seriously. There are enough people who enjoy fg fights for them to happen regularly - it's their own roaming/behaviour patterns that are preventing it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom