Started on Uthgard but need company

Nibble

Part of the furniture
Na he didnt well he only got me .4 of a bub i was so dissapointed lol:p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
41 now! - hurry up, I wanna kill you with my FG in Wilton! :p

Tbh, had a good night tonight in Wilton, I'm enjoying it muchly, thinking that RvR won't be able to compete with it atm, its easy, that's the fun of it, TROLOL

We took the CK in Wilton, and then 3FGS of mids came and attacked it, we defended it from them, after hitting them from behind, then 2FGH came, we killed 1fg of them, but we failed to defend, but only 2 people died, whilst the rest of us ran away, haha, was so fun.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
duno some ppl quit, im on hib on ickleberry 36 ranger grievous 48 bard or gumby 45 shade

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello to all old DAOC players and that might remember me and my guildmates from Valour. We created our guild Valour again on the Uthgard server and enjoying the good old days. But we miss our old mates from quite some years ago. So ... if there is still someone looking around to join us in Midgard welcome !

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hello to all old DAOC players and that might remember me and my guildmates from Valour. We created our guild Valour again on the Uthgard server and enjoying the good old days. But we miss our old mates from quite some years ago. So ... if there is still someone looking around to join us in Midgard welcome !
I'll see you in RVR sir! - we're the nooby albs dressed all in green! :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
was on my druid last night in thid .. weird how mids where 2fg then vanished as soon as hib got a grp up :D

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I've just started playin here again, 39 warden atm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the patch for OF, and perhaps a guide of setting up 2 seperate patch files, should I want to dabble elsewhere?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
So fshards have turned into normal servers and the normal servers has been turned into fshards. Fascinating :)

Martok

Part of the furniture
well thats what i plan on doing im Alb all the way!

aparently i can not connect to the server because i have not been invited to play this server type!! WTF1

Martok

Part of the furniture
Well if anyone is playing Alb my charectors name is Martoks

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Problem with uthgard as I see it is that they devs don't know what makes for good RvR.

They refuse to introduce Cure nearsight wich is super powerful in 8v8 and makes it rather dull and pointless to play any kind of support.
They refuse to tweak the power rates on support and regain rates to more modern levels so you litterally run out of power making fights short and dull since your either NS'ed the whole fight or out of power after 20 seconds, this is especially true in mid where healers have to CC and heal. One example is during and inc casting amnesia a few times to buy you time to set up the blanketmezz root 2-3 people and single mezz and then 2 spread heals and a few single heals yo have gone though an entire power bar, 1 pot and mcl1 it is that rediculous. Even with power regen RAs ( wich only work when yor out of combat ).

They refuse to modernize the alchemy system to allow for a less frustrating experience with buffpots and pots in general. You have to spend an hour or more each time to craft pots then juggle them constantly or be at a dissadvantage when running small grp or solo.

All in all the server is a glorified PvE server the RvR is broken due to poor design choices such as NO toa bonus but keeping the NF RAs so casters etc cannot cap casting speed or get a decent level of it, same goes for tanks with Master of arms ( increased attack speed, though they suffer less since they got cele from grp ).

Shouldn't waste your time on Uthgard hoping for a solid 8v8 / 8vX experience in OF zones.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Pah, that's how you played OF healing wise. Not just pressing spreadheal over and over and never run out of mana, but actually preheal with singel heals and never overdo it. mcl2 (or rp1 and mcl1) and purge are the first 2 things you got. NS was a real pain, but casters hardly ever used it back then. They got smarter though. Purple power regen was a blessing. Nostalgia :(

Martok

Part of the furniture
aye its still classic as it was but with smarter players that is all.

Meticode

Regular Freddie
I recommend if you start on Uthgard you level a toon that will make you money unless you have someone feeding plat to you somehow. Animist, Cabalist, Bonedancer-or-Spiritmster are the main money makers (not sure on Mid). If you can get your craft up that will help even more. If you simply go out there and start a solo toon by yourself, you'll quickly give up more than likely and won't even make 50, because halfway through leveling you'll realize how much money stuff is and be like "Damn, I'll have no money even if I'm 50."

I got a Cabalist on there up to about 35ish and gave up. I just don't have the time to level that much.

- English -

Resident Freddy
That's not entirely true. Those classes don't generate you more money than any others, infact they are probably the worse ones for making money.

Money doesn't come from farming drops to salvage anymore. Theres no sustainable spots.

Your best chance to make money is either having a healer, or melle dps class (zerk merc bm), or theurg, as they are always wanted in taj raids or GK, evern etc

Since they nerfed hulks, money is alot harder to come by. Ofc you can farm diamonds for hours, salvage or just sell.
An average template for a caster is around 4-5p. Not the best items but ones easy to get, were you dont have to buy them. Df jewellery, 99 armor and SC (which is about 2p)
Tanks are slightly more expensive, armor is around 2p for a set, scing 2p .. and extra jewellery is probably needed so say another 3-4p.

Leveling is slow, and I guess most do give up. But if you make a couple of friends while leveling, groups can be easy to come by. The BGs are good exp in a good duo, and you can easily outlevel anyone exping if you're killing in the BG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom