Star Wars Trilogy DVD

stormrider

Fledgling Freddie
Just watched the first one myself as well. Have to say its well done, and the new Jabba model is MUCH better, though I would still prefer the whole act to not be there. Great surround sound, what looks like a good transfer to DVD.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Well Damini's told me that my Star Wars DVD's arrived this morning. So much for pre-ordering!

I'm not in a huge rush to watch them tbh. Damini's not got a huge amount of entheuseasm for the films so I might wait for quiet moments over the next few weekends to watch them.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'm off on Thursday, so all 4 discs shall get a run through then.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Well I managed to watch A New Hope last night and I must say the CGI still sticks out like a sore thumb. He's re-done that added scene with Jabba and it looks better but he fucked up the mos-eisley scene with all the excessive CGI that he's not bothered imporving.

Also in the dog fight when they're fleeing from the death star in the millenium falcon there's still boxes plainly visible around the tie-fighters. WTF? You'd think it'd take half an hour to touch up those scenes and remove the crappy boxes they created when they did the first clean up of the print for VHS.

Still the film WAS as good as ever and I enjoyed watching it. Alsmot as fun was trying to update Lou on the plot as she slurred out questions after a night down the pub (I had to explain everything up to the point they come out of the under-floor panels in the falcon).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whelp, watched my laserdisc version last night and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it. The sound is only DD 2.0 but I can live with that, the quality is much better than vhs, and it's anamorphic widescreen which is really important. After umming and ahhing a bit more, I realised I don't need anything better than this version - it's fantastic as is :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
i'm fair impressed with it, i'll post some pics of what it looks like to me later ;)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Darthshearer said:
I got mine this morning, just watching the bonus disc, very good so far :)

There's another thing and a REAL "WTF???" type situation. The fucking 2.5hour documentary is EXACTLY the same documentary as was shown on the Biography channel over the weekend with about 30 mins of additional stuff sprinkled in here and there. How on earth can that happen? That's a real outrage that they don't even put an original documentary on the DVD but some recent-ish documentary someone else made.

George Lucas...you may have made the original Star Wars but now you've got a rod so far up your arse you've got no fucking clue what the fans want. You're a twat.

Gray

FH is my second home
So where have people bought it from?

I got Episode One and watched it last night. I havent seen a Star Wars movie in years, and i didnt really like it. Now it seems to have changed so wouldnt mind getting my hands on the trilogy to go through it.

Also getting Episode Two soon, may as well

Gray

FH is my second home
ordered from Play along with Episode 2... Should be an interesting watch

Sar

Part of the furniture
Maxine got me the gold box set from HMV for £26.

:D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Big G said:
I paid £29.99 from woolies.

Well done that man :) Supporting my pay in some way there.

Hope you got the free trump cards as well.

BTW Big G, how long do you think you'll be able to keep that avatar? :p

old.user4556

About the same length of time as the people with simulated sex in their avatars :)

old.user4556

Ah yes, the best way to enjoy them all ;)

sw.jpg

Gray

FH is my second home
Ordered the Trilogy and EpII at the same time, the Trilogy about an hour or so before, and EpII was only one to arrive today (Play.com)

:///

---

There was one thing tho... In EpII it was stated that Anakin starts showing that he is going to the "dark side"... But it was never definate, what makes him become Vader? Does he go and go with the other Sith lords or?

And is Luke's mum Armadala? :p

old.user4556

Gray said:
There was one thing tho... In EpII it was stated that Anakin starts showing that he is going to the "dark side"... But it was never definate, what makes him become Vader? Does he go and go with the other Sith lords or?

And is Luke's mum Armadala? :p

Explained in Episode 3 I believe, and second question, i suspect so.

Gray

FH is my second home
Theres an episode 3??!?! buh... i couldnt see it for sale...

Or is it in production?

old.user4556

Gray said:

Or is it in production?

You need to use the force to see it.......

...er, yeah it's not even out at the cinema yet - May 2005 I think is the scheduled release. Are you really that out of touch Gray? :eek:

G

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Gray said:

Or is it in production?

quote of the year tbh.

Well done Gray for being the ultimate NON fanboi :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom