Star Wars Trilogy DVD

Ono

Part of the furniture
Not long now. After what seems like an eternity and having to endure the pirated laser-disc prints it's finally due in a week.

Shame that fucker Lucas doesn't like DTS otherwise this would have been the perfect tribute to these ageless classics.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Yep. There is huge competition on this at the moment and for the patient, I can see them being discounted to below £20 in some places (like the Indiana Jones Trilogy).

I'm getting the Region 1 set from DVDSoon. Cost is about £25 delivered.

Damini

Part of the furniture
But is it going to be the Official Travesty version, with mini Jabba of CGI shiteness being lectured by Hans, and all the other horrors?

If so, I'd rather pay someone to kick me in the face. Actually, I'd rather pay someone to kick Lucas in the face, but you can't always get what you want.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Are there any differences between the R2, R1, R4 etc etc versions?

I am weak and I just ordered it from Play.com having read this post.

George Lucas is an utter **** though. He really hasn't listened to the fans at all. He keeps calling them "his films" when the fact is, as soon as he released the films in the cinema they belonged to the general public who made him the man he is today by paying to see the ORIGINAL films. Twat.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Too right, we paid for his god damned ranch!!!!

Also, how hard would it be to have an option on the DVD like "Include god awful shit afterthought scenes" and "Watch the real thing, you mong". They had that on T2 super spiffy edish, Directors Cut and Theatrical, the only difference is Theatrical missed out a few scenes.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
20 sept, about god damn time.

I've had this thing pre-orded for ages.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Star Wars was a shit film. tESB was marginally better, and RotJ was ace.

/flame away

nath

Fledgling Freddie
ANH was better than ROTJ and TESB was better than the pair of them.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I was going to wait for the retail price war that is brewing over this title. Have seen it go from a suggested RRP of £44.99 to £26.99 in most places, and on release I expect it to be £20 or less in some places. GAME give you the new starwars game for free when you pre-order with them though, which is the best offer I have seen.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Ch3tan said:
I was going to wait for the retail price war that is brewing over this title. Have seen it go from a suggested RRP of £44.99 to £26.99 in most places, and on release I expect it to be £20 or less in some places. GAME give you the new starwars game for free when you pre-order with them though, which is the best offer I have seen.

That GAME offer's really no good at all. You can get the two seperately on play.com for cheaper.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
I'm guessing it was Star Wars Battlefront but it looks as though they have just gone for a straight tenner off deal now...unless I'm completely blind.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh well, I was told it was pre-order the Trilogy and get Battlefront for free, but it seems its a special limited edition box-set with both now. For a stupid price.

HMV have a gold edition Trilogy box-set for £29.99 on their webby.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Not long now, though I kinda wished I got it from Play as it prolly would land on my doorstep tomorrow, instead of amazon which means I could get it anytime next week.

Battlefront looks good but I' can't decided if I should get it on the Xbox or the PC as my PC is gradually dying on me at the mo and I can't afford to get new parts, or have the time to touch it.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
HMV have a gold edition Trilogy box-set for £29.99 on their webby.
My wife's got that ordered for me. I'll not get it until my b/day on Weds though.

<gnash> <wail>

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just played battlefront on the xbox today - I work for like, a magazine or something and it's a like review copy or whatever!

It's really rather good :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Never a huge fan of Star Wars tbh. Got tired of the films when i was about 14, and up until then i preferred Buck Rogers (Wilma Dearing was SO much hotter than Princess Leia) anyway. I mean Doc and Tweekie vs C3PO and R2D2?

The lidilidlidlidis have it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
Never a huge fan of Star Wars tbh. Got tired of the films when i was about 14, and up until then i preferred Buck Rogers (Wilma Dearing was SO much hotter than Princess Leia) anyway. I mean Doc and Tweekie vs C3PO and R2D2?

The lidilidlidlidis have it.

Ooof - Eric Grey (?) was fine. Gotta admire that :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Maybe it was Erica...?

None of your gh3yb0y fantasies in here Mr Wij!

:D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just found out that Hayden wassname is replacing the other guy as Anakin's ghost in ROTJ. That's it, that's the straw that broke this camels back. I shan't be buying (or even downloading) the new release of the trilogy. I guess I'll have to stick to my laserdisc>dvd transfers.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Just found out that Hayden wassname is replacing the other guy as Anakin's ghost in ROTJ. That's it, that's the straw that broke this camels back. I shan't be buying (or even downloading) the new release of the trilogy. I guess I'll have to stick to my laserdisc>dvd transfers.

yep, ere

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:

bah, I was really looking forward to these DVD's, now I don't give a shit. for more info see

this site

Sar

Part of the furniture
Like it makes that much of a difference...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, for me it does. It ruins the flow of the film and destroys the nostalgia factor.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Well for me who was lucky enough to enjoy the original release of the film back in 1978 I really dont see what the big fuss is about. Ok perhaps the CGI stuff doesnt quite fit in but given all the enhancements only last a few minutes, so what. The films' (the first one anyway as thats all Ive watched so far) have been beautifully remastered, great visuals and great dolby digital. Well worth £26

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom