Film Star wars being done in 3d!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't know, i think there's a TON of effect scenes that could look very awesome in 3D. Knowing Lucas, he won't do it half assed either, atleast not with a half-ass wallet :p

If you want the story etc, watch the original VHS you have locked up.
If you want an effects ride, this should be one hell of a one at that.

And in any case, he can't ruin it, it's just as it should be since he's the one who made it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And in any case, he can't ruin it, it's just as it should be since he's the one who made it.

I don't subscribe to that argument.

250428698v2_225x225_Front.jpg

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I don't subscribe to that argument.

250428698v2_225x225_Front.jpg

Sums it up!

The guy is incompetent, the last 3 were nothing short of car crash movies, and I certainly wouldn't spend more money watching them for the second time after being let down by them the first time. Special effects or not the story line and acting were fucking gash. If I want brilliant 3d experience I'll watch Avatar atleast it was filmed for it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh, avatar was first and inevitably the worst after some time.

Not that great anyway.

Abnyhoo, first 3 aren't that bad actually. Mostly the shitfling machine that made it seem that way.

Scouse; what do you mean? If you yourself made a movie, isn't it likely it's exactly as it should be as you made it? You're creation is just as you want it to be, others may dislike it, but it's as it should be.

Calaen

Meh, avatar was first and inevitably the worst after some time.

Not that great anyway.

Abnyhoo, first 3 aren't that bad actually. Mostly the shitfling machine that made it seem that way.

Scouse; what do you mean? If you yourself made a movie, isn't it likely it's exactly as it should be as you made it? You're creation is just as you want it to be, others may dislike it, but it's as it should be.

Do you even know what the mug is on about? It showed how clueless he is!

There is nothing good about the first three at all, it was bodged together to try and be funny and fluffy, it failed on all counts. It madea mockery of Dart Vader. Not one of them even comes close to providing the Experience that Avatar at an Imax screen did, and that won't change even with the 3D upgrade.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If I wrote a book I wouldn't recall it and change characters and situations, in tone and in actuality, years after the event.

For cash. :eek:

Edit: Anyway, chill Cal. Toht seems to be stuck in an IF (someone's opinion) THEN (take opposite stance) loop.

Ever since he dodged a certain question anyway ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There is nothing good about the first three at all, it was bodged together to try and be funny and fluffy, it failed on all counts. It madea mockery of Dart Vader. Not one of them even comes close to providing the Experience that Avatar at an Imax screen did, and that won't change even with the 3D upgrade.

Well that's speculation, can't say what the experience is before seeing it.

If compared, 2d avatar and the 123, i'd have to give the winning edge to 123. Those we can compare. Avatar story wasn't exactly superb either.

About 123, sure there were some silly bits that it could've done without, but all in all they are a nice prelude and in any case, it is as Lucas wants it to be. The point i was making that the storyteller/moviemaker makes the story/movie as it should be, others don't have to like it, but it's the prerocative of the maker to say "This is the story".

No Scouse, there's no loop, it's a very simple fact.

Calaen

If I wrote a book I wouldn't recall it and change characters and situations, in tone and in actuality, years after the event.

dit: Anyway, chill Cal. Toht seems to be stuck in an IF (someone's opinion) THEN (take opposite stance) loop.

Ever since he dodged a certain question anyway ;)

I'm done with even really responding to the guy tbh :) It saves a lot of hassle and wasted time.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
It's going to be shit. Like all other 3d "remakes" that have ever been done, or indeed most 3d films that have ever been made.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm done with even really responding to the guy tbh :) It saves a lot of hassle and wasted time.

Yeah, i should've just said "I agree, 123 was shit, avatar was da bomb and these will be shit too" because that's not at all what i think. But hey, if it pleases Calaen, that's what you must do right?

Reminds me of you telling me how i can't know what i want from life :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have you even seen the original Star Wars films Toht?

Got anything to comment on the Han Shot First mug, or my comments about changing something years after the fact?

I thought 123 was wank storytelling, terribly paced. It had it's moments but was mostly chod. But WTF eh. I'm obviously talking about 456 as Han isn't in the first 3.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No i have never seen the 456, nope, not a peek. What an informative and valid question.

You know what though, i don't give a f*ck who shot first as it has maybe 0.01% meaning on the story and if it weren't for some overzealous fans from the future, it would be a non-issue.

Yeah i said it, who cares who shot first :p

And while i'm at it;

Star Wars trilogy isn't THAT great storytelling to begin with, Alien is worse then Aliens and there's less paradoxes in timecop then there is in terminator :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know what though, i don't give a f*ck who shot first as it has maybe 0.01% meaning on the story and if it weren't for some overzealous fans from the future, it would be a non-issue.

Yeah i said it, who cares who shot first :p

Quite strongly held views from a strange position there Toht. Lets recap:

You bothered watching 12&3.
You manage to know that they're "good preludes" (which is difficult if you don't know what they're actually a prelude to).
You didn't actually bother watching 45&6 even though you bothered with the first three (weird, no compulsion to see where 7 hours of your life was leading?)
You still are able to say "it has maybe 0.01% meaning on the story" and fans are "overzealous", despite having no actual knowledge of the films.

There's two things going on here for me:

1) Your amazing and ... scratch that: You're full of shit :)

Edit:
Star Wars trilogy isn't THAT great storytelling to begin with

How would you know if you've never seen 'em eh?

I mean, popular opinion is that 45&6 are amazing and 12&3 are shite. But apparently we're just "overzealous" eh? If zeal means actually watching the films, that is.....

:)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'd prefer new Star Wars content than rehashing the originals. Not terribly interested in this though I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Going 3D is simply about more cash. Lucas has rehashed and rereleased them so many times that people are going to start thinking "Why bother?"
Studios love 3D films because they can't be recorded (easily).

The only thing I can imagine being improved in Phantom Menace by 3D is the POD race and the final battle with Darth Maul.

One scene I would like to see in 3D is the opening 5 minutes of Ep.3. That space battle would rock with added depth. The one scene I would drop from the entire franchise is the last 5 minutes of Ep.3 where Lucas nukes his fridge and turns Darth Vader into a mockery.

I always preferred Star Trek anyway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This presentation brought to you by George Lucas, shitting on your childhood memories since 1988.

*edit* (shamelessly stolen from i09): In the 3D version Han will shoot the audience first.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Han Solo is a ruthless bounty hunter. Why wouldn't he shoot someone in cold blood if it suited his needs?
George Lucas is a fat old Guy with a silly hairstyle. Why wouldn't he ruin my childhood memories for a quick buck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Han Solo is no longer a ruthless bounty hunter. He's an all-round nice-guy.

Lucas decided to take where his character was when he got to the end of Return of the Jedi and apply that to where his character was in the Mos Eisley canteena. Wiping out any possible character development story-arc for him.

Basically, by making Greedo shoot first Lucas killed the character of Han, as he was.

No longer is he the 'edgy' rogue who, over time, learns to be responsible and care for people other than himself. He used to be far and away the 'coolest' character in the entire series, but not anymore. Now he's a yankee goofball, a bit dim, prone to petulant anger which, now he's no longer edgy, makes him a bit of a chav.

Lucas should have renamed him whilst he was at it. Han Chavlo.

:(

Fuck George Lucas. Fuck him in the ear. :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I used to be practically obsessed. Since the new films I've not really given a shit. But watched RotJ last weekend with the missus and remembered what the old films used to be like....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Edit: Anyway, chill Cal. Toht seems to be stuck in an IF (someone's opinion) THEN (take opposite stance) loop.
He does this you know, have you not read the Stargate Universe thread? I couldn't be arsed to even ask if he'd actually watched the episode.

Anyway back on topic, I think these will be pap in 3d, simple as. However I can't confess to understanding the mug reference, explain plox! :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I used to be practically obsessed. Since the new films I've not really given a shit. But watched RotJ last weekend with the missus and remembered what the old films used to be like....

They still are like that. If it bothers you so much, watch the original cinematic releases, and ignore the rest. It isn't hard.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They still are like that. If it bothers you so much, watch the original cinematic releases, and ignore the rest. It isn't hard.

I've only got the original cinematic releases on t'old video. So old that it's got the adverts for "Widescreen" with that guy with the ridiculously deep voice:

"So, you think you've seen the Star Wars trilogy: WELL THINK AGAIN!!!11!1!@#"

:D

Calaen

PLightstar

Part of the furniture

Feel pretty much the same way. I became obsessed with the expanded universe because of what Lucas did to the original trilogy. Came to the conclusion that the authors of the EU do a better job of telling the Star Wars story than Lucas ever could unfortunately.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Used to be? :p

It's not really a character defining moment by any standard. It's made to be one, suuure, but it's not.

He does this you know, have you not read the Stargate Universe thread? I couldn't be arsed to even ask if he'd actually watched the episode.

Excuse me?! If you mean my latest comment on it, i don't know what the F*CK has crawled up your arse and made a comfy SG:U fanclub, but there's nothing wrong in what i said.

Calaen

Used to be? :p

It's not really a character defining moment by any standard. It's made to be one, suuure, but it's not.

Yes it was a character defining moment, he went from being someone who shot first and worried about it later, to someone who only responded when fired upon.

How is that not a character defining moment.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes it was a character defining moment, he went from being someone who shot first and worried about it later, to someone who only responded when fired upon.

How is that not a character defining moment.

For f*cks sake...it's one miniscule shooting scene and it has f*ck all to do with the rest of the movie. You people watch things WAAAAAY too anally.

Character defining moment my arse.

No wonder Mystic has a problem with anyone saying anything bad(or even good it seems :eek7:) about SG:U, bet he wanks over every eyebrow lift as a huge character defining moment too :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom