star wars 3

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't really want to "fight" over this, but...

When i started to read this thread, i read it because i wanted to see peoples opinions on wheater it's a good movie or not.

It's not things like "he becomes darth vader" and "yoda lives" kinda things that annoy, but when something that -isn't- common knowledge, it should be spoiler tagged, as people have done very good. Just one mishap, not that big a deal, but decided to mention it.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
Yes, not an ubknown story but some things are not known (except for meganerds).

You offended me sir!

:m00:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Loved it, but have to say Morch spoiled the film total for me :(

only j/king :D

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Just one mishap, not that big a deal, but decided to mention it.

but since padmé isnt in a new hope.... :x

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
It's not things like "he becomes darth vader" and "yoda lives" kinda things that annoy, but when something that -isn't- common knowledge, it should be spoiler tagged, as people have done very good. Just one mishap, not that big a deal, but decided to mention it.
Who's fighting? :p

I still don't think it's very clever to look in a thread where ppl have posted their oppinions about the movie without expecting to get to know something you didn't know :kissit:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl spoiler tags are good.... unless your a nosey sod like me i just cant resist seeing what information they hold.

btw how do you make them?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't seen it yet but one little thing is bugging me...

If the double-light sabre thingies are better than the single light sabre thingies, how come the double-light sabre thingies appear only in the "prequels"?

Also, is it just co-incidence that the best Star Wars film (Empire Strikes Back) wasn't directed by George L.? Me thinks it's a pity he didn't leave the writing and directing to someone else...

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
lol guys just chill so i missed one thing to spoiler, to error is to ...

question is if i hadnt used spoilers at all, would you have pointed that out?

and so what twi'leks deserve some to, just coz there from a different race doesnt mean u should just say "no". i mean she had a hot as body, yeh the head was a bit wierd with the ears but i mean whatever...

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
If the double-light sabre thingies are better than the single light sabre thingies, how come the double-light sabre thingies appear only in the "prequels"?

two/double lightsabres are deemed dishonorable and crude by jedi so they are only trained to use one.

Also the prequels have way more jedi and sith in than 4 5 and 6 so there are more species and fighting styles! :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Roadie said:
two/double lightsabres are deemed dishonorable and crude by jedi so they are only trained to use one.

Also the prequels have way more jedi and sith in than 4 5 and 6 so there are more species and fighting styles! :D

is it true jedi are trained to be ambidextrous or whatever (to use both hands equally well) and so thats why they can wield to lightsabres if they get there enemies? thats what i heard but dunno if its true, but that would kinda go with and against what ur saying <shrug>

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:

Aah I see. I thought it was because George forgot about the story and just wanted to see what he could do with modern computer gfx ("Hey boys look! I can make them have DOUBLE light sabres now!") :p

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Saw it the other day and must say its very good. Much better than the two others and a hell of a lot more action! Anyone else found the emperor to be extremly funny? :D

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
i fell asleep during the movie :/

what i saw wasnt that good tho

Ezteq

Queen of OT
what like this ?
testing testing 1 2 3 ........over

way hay thanks zee :wub:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Haven't seen it yet but one little thing is bugging me...

Also, is it just co-incidence that the best Star Wars film (Empire Strikes Back) wasn't directed by George L.? Me thinks it's a pity he didn't leave the writing and directing to someone else...

What you have to remeber is the Jedi/sith in the first films (1/2/3) are younger than what they are in the later ones (4/5/6) so they will be more agile/stronger etc..

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
What you have to remeber is the Jedi/sith in the first films (1/2/3) are younger than what they are in the later ones (4/5/6) so they will be more agile/stronger etc..

so howcome obi wan who is younger than count dooku got knocked out by him?

the older jedi have learnt the force better and so are just as strong and agile :p imo

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

obi wan was a knight rank in ep 2, now he is a master. so hes now uber;)! concentrate on the move where he leaps out the ship! so cool. and dont bitch at me for telling u details in the film >.< its obvious there are ships

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thought the fight between Yoda and the Emperor was excellent.

Oh...anyone QQing about spoilers shouldn't be reading this thread in the first place. I'm not gonna be sensitive to those who aint seen the film. Fuck em. I'll say what I want.

Excellent movie. 4/5. No way as epic as Return of the King - but still damn enjoyable. Wooden acting and poor dialogue was more than made up by the stunning special FX and the awesome soundtrack. Wasn't moved to tears to be honest (unlike ROTK). I say wooden acting - primarily from Hayden whateverhislastname is, although Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiermond gave superb performances.

Think I'll watch it on DVD now...)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Evidently the sticky thread on the movies section in entertainment needs to be enforced on other forumn sections too.

By Yoni:

It was a huge bugbear that this functionality wasn't given to us over on game.net forums, however we do have spoiler tags here. Please can you ensure that you use them when giving away anything about a films plot. Remember some people may not get to the cinema to see a film and wait for dvd / video / tv and it ruins their experience if they come here and someone gives the plot away.

For those of you who do not know how to use the tags (I doubt that is many of you) just surround the plot of the film you are talking about as you would if you wanted to post an image but replace img and /img with spoiler and /spoiler in square brackets.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
why are they reading a thread titled starwars 3 if they dont wana know what happens in it :eek:, as said before its hardly a big secret on what the storyline is
back on topic
movie was ok but acting was terrible, perfectly illustrated by:
NOOOoooooo.......

those who have seen it will understand
5/10 just cus it had a good plot/special effects

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
it was ok.
hayden christensen just cant act, and ewan mcgregor tries too hard with the accent.
the problem was, the light sabre fights weren't so uber because you knew what was gonna happen anyway (well not exactly, but who lives and who dies you know)

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i used 2 wana be a sith lord but after i saw part III i just wana be a jedi

(and a saien.....maybe a saien jedi! :flame: )

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Nearly walked out of episode one as it was so dreadful and I got stared at by nearly the entire cinema for laughing out loud at the risible dialogue in episode two so I'm stuffed if I'm going to spend six quid or more on episode three. I may watch it on DvD at home as I can switch it off if I like and laugh at in the comfort of my own home.

It's amazing that films Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero and House of the Flying daggers make so little money in the box office despite the fact they are films that make Lucus look like an amateur...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Right seen it now. Best of the 3 prequels - but still not very good. Wooden acting, poor script (sooo many cheesy lines), crap directing. 2 good things were the special effects and the finishing of the story. I loved the 3 original movies and in my book Lucas is a tosser who missed the opportunity with the prequels to make the finest series of films ever.

On the plus side, saw the previews to War of the Worlds and The lion, the witch and the wardrobe - looking forward to both of them :p

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Right seen it now. Best of the 3 prequels - but still not very good. Wooden acting, poor script (sooo many cheesy lines), crap directing. 2 good things were the special effects and the finishing of the story. I loved the 3 original movies and in my book Lucas is a tosser who missed the opportunity with the prequels to make the finest series of films ever.

episode 4 5 and 6 all have bad scripts, directing and wooden acting as well :D

dosnt stop them being great 8)

Deepfat said:
It's amazing that films Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero and House of the Flying daggers make so little money in the box office despite the fact they are films that make Lucus look like an amateur...

U mean films of a different genre filmed in a foreign language? wonder what the box office figures were for them in asia =o

Loads of blindingly good films go unnoticed all the time because they dont get proper marketing campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom