St Vitas' Dance

FlameTop

Fledgling Freddie
From the medical description:

St Vitas Dance - Ceaseless occurrence of rapid complex jerking movements performed involuntary

Now we have all seen them in COD. The disease comes in many forms; the simplest being the desire to jump every pace into the open ground. Now this used to be called 'bunny hopping' in Quake, but in comemeration of just how stupid it looks in COD, I have now termed it 'Bunny Humping' :)

In advanced cases you can even see the rare 'prone hopping' variant. In this case the aflicted player goes prone, jumps up, hops, lands and goes prone again.

If you find yourself afflicted with this scurge seek medical help!

leggy

Probably Scottish
I swear this is the one thing that makes me want to fucking stab CoD players. CoD is NOT realistic in the slightest, but the sight of 10 twats hopping around when getting shot at irritates me immensly. Take hurtgen for example, the other day I witnesses half the allied team hop from one side of the map to the other in order to avoid sniper fire.

I believe it's getting sorted in the next patch, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. It is not a good tactic and makes you look like a fucking newbie.

Rant over.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh, trouble is on occasion it does work too :/
Have to say though, the sight of 4 or 5 idiots hopping around straight from spawn pisses me off too. Amazing how a thread in the half-life forum bemoans the lack of Bunny Hopping in CS.
Im sure its is easily fixable too, look at SoF2, theres no bunny hopping on that, and it shares the same engine.

Will

/bin/su
leggy said:
...Take hurtgen for example, the other day I witnesses half the allied team hop from one side of the map to the other in order to avoid sniper fire.
Sorry about last night leggy. I only got the idea from that clan match we played last week.

Seems to work though. I know I shouldn't, but I get bored sniping, and its the only way to get across the map without dying.

FlameTop

Fledgling Freddie
And another on Uncle FT's handy COD terms:

Pope - Verb, to shoot then lie down and kiss the earth.

e.g.

'He was pope'ing all over the place'

:)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Will said:
Sorry about last night leggy. I only got the idea from that clan match we played last week.

Seems to work though. I know I shouldn't, but I get bored sniping, and its the only way to get across the map without dying.

lol, don't appologise. I wasn't referring to the game I played on the KEA server. I had been playing most of the day on saturday and was getting more irritated as the day went on.

I know it works throd, this is the problem. It shouldn't. If I was shooting someone with an mp44 outside my work (say, after getting fired), they sure as hell wouldnt dodge a whole clip by jumping like a rabbit bastard.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
leggy said:
If I was shooting someone with an mp44 outside my work (say, after getting fired), they sure as hell wouldnt dodge a whole clip by jumping like a rabbit bastard.
lol I know m8, nice analogy though :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Bunnyhopping rarely saves anyone from getting killed. I just spray up and down instead of left and right. :p

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
just a question though and I prefer to call it "skipping" rather than "bunny hopping"

If in real life the ability to skip prevented some madman shooting you, you would do it wouldn't you? Besides I only skip to wind JBP up and because I know leggy dosn't like it :p.

Will

/bin/su
Poping is now the official victory celebration for KEA. :)

At least, until there is a way to lift your shirt over your head and run about pretending to fly.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yoni said:
Besides I only skip to wind JBP up and because I know leggy dosn't like it :p.

That's it. If KEA ever play =WAR=, I'm coming after you. I know where you'll be and I'll be weilding my boomstick (well PPSh, but it's definitely phalic)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Yoni said:
just a question though and I prefer to call it "skipping" rather than "bunny hopping"

If in real life the ability to skip prevented some madman shooting you, you would do it wouldn't you? Besides I only skip to wind JBP up and because I know leggy dosn't like it :p.

I don't remember the German army merrily skipping into Poland... :p
"Ja, ich skippe!!1" Hur hur...

Besides - I don't think skipping would save you from some whacked sniper on a church tower. He would just stare at you for a second... skipping around earlier victims, think "wtf...", adjust his aim and cap you.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
:) Whilst that is true Uncle Sick, this isnt real life, its a game, and to me if someone has an advantage over you by hopping you only have 2 options - do the same or stfu :)
Just moaning about it serves no purpose :) I do think however that the only real time it helps is for them up close and personal MP40 vs Tommy gun moments .

leggy

Probably Scottish
0mgZ n3rf h0pp0rz iMo.

Seriously though, real life or not, I like my games to at least resemble some sort of real world physics.

And in my law of physics, fucking jumping around like a twat does not save you from a barrage of PPSh spam.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
leggy said:
0mgZ n3rf h0pp0rz iMo.

Seriously though, real life or not, I like my games to at least resemble some sort of real world physics.

And in my law of physics, fucking jumping around like a twat does not save you from a barrage of PPSh spam.

I'd like to quote Leggy plus add some exclamation marks.

-> !!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
no leggy dear but it does stop you in game which is the point :p, besides I only ususally skip when i have had too much to smoke, when up close and personal :p or to annoy you or JBP as everyone else jsut skips back its like a COD greeting :kissit:

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I fucking hate bunnyboys in CoD, I gladly rip the piss after headshotting them. I would happily stab them in the face if we had bayonets in game. Mind you IRL....;)

Btw Yoni I got your PM, I am genuinely off work ill ;)

I finally grasped that you gaylords play CoD together in a clan or something? I play quite a lot (usually TDM yes I know dont boo hiss) but im having pc probs lately. Are you playing like a load of 12 yr old WE MUST WIN AND HAVE NO LIFE or are you playing with a can of lager in hand and having fun?

If its the latter I might be interested....

Will

/bin/su
Option B of course. I'm involved, so seriousness is out the window.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Xtro come play on our KEA server, its 217.65.149.4.28961 . The clan is chocka atm ,but come play anyway :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks like Xtro has a choice developing too... we (WAR aka RDogs etc etc) play for fun too, and may be having a fun match soon against Will's lot. Just ask JBP and Yoni for confirmation about me never getting close to my keyboard without plenty of cans to drink :drink: :drink: :drink:

Will

/bin/su
I'd like to make it clear that "Will's lot" is actually "throd's lot".

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
I'd like to make it clear that "Will's bot" is actually "throd's lot".

:eek2:

Sorry - not allowed to be silly now I'm a mod :touch:

;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hehhe Will :)

As I said , theres no choice tbh cos we is double full, anyway, if you lot want a friendly pop in #xatrix or #kea.cod (the latter may be advisable if you value your sanity) and we'll arrange something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom