Spotlights less effective after several years

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hey FH electricians. I've got spotlights above my kitchen that was set up when i moved in around three years ago. Now they are visibly producing less light. What might be wrong? And what might be the costs of getting em fixed? There's six pretty small circular ones.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Hey FH electricians. I've got spotlights above my kitchen that was set up when i moved in around three years ago. Now they are visibly producing less light. What might be wrong? And what might be the costs of getting em fixed? There's six pretty small circular ones.

New bulbs?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Been living here for three years and by a fluke, a friend of mine held in the switch for a couple of seconds, thus making it lighter. Apparently it has a dimmer function..

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Been living here for three years and by a fluke, a friend of mine held in the switch for a couple of seconds, thus making it lighter. Apparently it has a dimmer function..

We've got one that you can dim by switching on and off. It cycles through one of three settings with each switch. Should have thought of that :/

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
We've got one that you can dim by switching on and off. It cycles through one of three settings with each switch. Should have thought of that :/

One of the switches below actually has some give, like a spring or some such behind it. Maybe your switch is a little more apparent?

This one:

010EA3F3-D0D2-4B05-A656-186801ABD5FA.jpeg

@fettoken so what was the solution?

You hold the switch with the springs behind in for about three seconds, and it starts to get brighter, or if you do it again, it dims.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
One of the switches below actually has some give, like a spring or some such behind it. Maybe your switch is a little more apparent?

This one:

View attachment 41606

You hold the switch with the springs behind in for about three seconds, and it starts to get brighter, or if you do it again, it dims.

That's just a dimmer switch. Ours has a built in dimmer. You switch it on, it's bright. Switch it off and on again quickly, it is dimmer. etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom