Spore release date announced!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
YAY!!!!!!!

my own little universe to conquer, destroy and play with mwah hah hah hah

Helme

Resident Freddy
I don't know, the last I heard they allowed more installs before it blocks you, but it was still there.

Yeah but as I said, Spore will use the Mass Effect system - ie 3 active installations per copy of the game, you unactivate 1 to free up 1 installation. As long as you unclaim them you'll have limitless installations :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah that's the same with bioshock, it's just that the uninstall routine wasn't deactivating properly so people were finding themselves blocked out quickly.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Me played around abit

crelillefyr06d6a484smlmd8.jpg
cre06d6a483smldn0.jpg

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
For some reason I thought this was going to be about having a baby. :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
For some reason I thought this was going to be about having a baby. :)

Well it is, you create your own little penis monster, raise it through the hardships of the world and make it conquer other peoples penis monsters, destroy planets and other things, most of the PC gaming world will be parents the 5th of September when this is released! :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I understand people have been very cross that this game allows you to make penis monsters. Personally I think it should be banned, along with MSPaint. Plus pens and paper for that matter, because with those two things kids can draw AWFUL things.

Please, won't somebody think of the children!

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I'm thinking Downing Street Online Petition, anything less would be failing society!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
a few days to take over the world before WAR, september is going to be a great month :D

pez

Can't get enough of FH
My copy arrived today. Apparently Play.com see release dates as more of an optional suggestion ;)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, play actually got a game to a client before release day? I never got them until the saturday, sometimes the monday before, that's why I go through amazon prime now.

Can't wait until my copy arrives tomorrow, although I'm hearing that there's a few bugs, and some of the stages need some work/patching.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, play actually got a game to a client before release day? I never got them until the saturday, sometimes the monday before, that's why I go through amazon prime now.

Can't wait until my copy arrives tomorrow, although I'm hearing that there's a few bugs, and some of the stages need some work/patching.

It seems ok to me. Only annoyance I have found is theres no obvious way to save....

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
For those lucky enough to have it early what are your opinions of it? There was talk by the developers that it 'wasn't fun' - any comments? :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
For those lucky enough to have it early what are your opinions of it? There was talk by the developers that it 'wasn't fun' - any comments? :p

The cellular level bit it a lot of fun then the next 3 stages are pretty tedious then the space bit is quite fun.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Have i just pulled this out of my arse or did i read somewhere that you can share your universe with friends online so that they can play against it?

taB

Part of the furniture
Have i just pulled this out of my arse or did i read somewhere that you can share your universe with friends online so that they can play against it?

afaik if you reg with the servers your mates can import your phallic creatures into their universe and vice versa.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well it is, you create your own little penis monster, raise it through the hardships of the world and make it conquer other peoples penis monsters, destroy planets and other things, most of the PC gaming world will be parents the 5th of September when this is released! :D

I think a penis monster interstellar war is definitely called for. My contribution:

2829313204_7cbbae4d2e.jpg

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I was attacked by a tribe of penis monsters today, for some reason they were the only tribe that did, all the others were friendly.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
It's a Pez said.... cellular stage is nice, the next stages get old very very fast and you just rush through them to get to the space stage. Haven’t really done much in "space", but the first missions were pretty fun...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Worth buying? Overhyper P.O.S.? New hotness? Glorified Sims?

I would probably recommend against buying it unless you loved the Sims. I think its probably another one of these 'not really a game' games.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Verrrrrrry much a sandbox game. Fun for a bit, gets old quick though, unfortunately. That could be just me, the only sim game I've ever been able to play for a decent amount of time is sim-ant.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would probably recommend against buying it unless you loved the Sims. I think its probably another one of these 'not really a game' games.

Ah yeh. Maybe better i save my cash for fallout 3 then 'cause that game is :sex: no matter how bad it is.

Though, if it's cheap enough somewhere, might get it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Urgh, looks like I won't be buying then :( Maybe play in uni as my friend has a version.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Bought it today on a whim about 2pm, and already at the space stage......

It was good, its a pity that you can't have the universe so its with real players + computer players.

One of the best bits I thought was when I was in the just out of water phase and a ufo came and scared the shit out of everything, then later another came and took one of my domesticated animals!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So is it empire building, like Civilisation?

taB

Part of the furniture
So is it empire building, like Civilisation?

I just played for an hour last night and spent it happily eating other sentient beings. Quite therapeutic really.

Helme

Resident Freddy
If you haven't had a great experience with other sandbox game's I wouldn't buy it.

If you have enjoyed others for countless hours however, this game is awesome. I spent hours yesterday fucking about with lifeless planets trying to make them habitable and getting one of it's native species sentient, was lots of fun and quite challenging.

It also has that childish charm going for it, everything from how your creature jumps trying to reach fruit from a tree and realising he can't, making him sad to how the aliens talk in funny simlish accents. To putting a tophat & bowtie on a sharkdragon.
sporeapp200809040131071fi0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom