Spore release date announced!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
EA AND MAXIS TO SHIP SPORE IN SEPTEMBER

Redwood City, CA - February 12, 2008 - Get ready for the next Big Bang this fall! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Maxis today announced that Spore™, the highly anticipated game from the creators of The Sims™, will be available at retailers worldwide the weekend of September 7. Spore will be available for the PC, Macintosh, Nintendo DS™, and mobile phones.
"The wait is almost over," said Maxis Chief Designer Will Wright. "We're in our final stages of testing and polish with Spore, and the team at Maxis can't wait to see the cosmos of content created by the community later this year."
Spore gives players their own personal universe in a box. Create and evolve life, establish tribes, build civilizations, sculpt entire worlds and explore a universe created by other gamers. Spore gives players a wealth of creative tools to customize nearly every aspect of their universe: creatures, vehicles, buildings, and even UFOs. Players can then seamlessly share their creations with the world or explore infinite new galaxies created by other gamers.
Consumers can visit SPORE to sign up for the Spore newsletter or check out all-new screenshots and video of the game. Members of the media can visit EA's press site at info.ea.com for information about all of EA's games.

taB

Part of the furniture
Hasn't this been delayed a load already, believe it when it arrives tbh :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
last I heard they were having trouble with it: "its not fun to play". if the main concept isnt fun then making it fun is going to destroy the main concept and trash it!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yay! This is one game I'm definitely buying :) I hope it gets released on Steam :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you and me both, Tom. First day it comes out it's mine ;)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Whats so good about it being released on steam? everything costs £10 more on there.

Himse

FH is my second home
Agree, just put a shortcut to it in steam ;\

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whats so good about it being released on steam? everything costs £10 more on there.

Because then I don't have to faff around updating it, or trip over the box or anything.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

You mean like the orange box for $45 that had ep 1, ep 2, portal, tfc, etc?

yah such a ripoff for £25.

taB

Part of the furniture
Because then I don't have to faff around updating it, or trip over the box or anything.

I too like the faff-free element to steam. Dollar prices are still advantageous at the moment as well.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This game is nearing the first stages of Duke Nukem Forever...

It's out!
No it's not...
It's out!
No it's not...

Worse then a closet gay in an NRA meeting for f*cks sake.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
You mean like the orange box for $45 that had ep 1, ep 2, portal, tfc, etc?

yah such a ripoff for £25.

Yea, but that is a Valve game, this isnt.... CoD4 costs around $82 once tax etc is added.

yah such good value for £40.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I like having the box to trip over!

back on topic: I hope this game hasnt been EA-d to shit just to make it "more fun" :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I think Steam is great. just not the backup option. that's poo :/

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Talking of Steam - i've tried to buy a few games from Steam via the Paypal option but i keep getting an error about the process not being completed - has anyone come across anything similar?

Not to derail the thread too much - Spore pre-ordered from Amazon and i can't wait to play it!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know how fierce the copy protection is going to be on it? I want to buy it too, but if it's going to have some really nasty shit I won't bother.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Graphics look bad and sounds too over ambitious so none of it will be fun. Just me?

rynnor

Rockhound
I think it should be a fun game - graphics I dont really care about frankly but my daughter loves the creature creator - shes made dozens already so cant wait to try the full thing :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Talking of Steam - i've tried to buy a few games from Steam via the Paypal option but i keep getting an error about the process not being completed - has anyone come across anything similar?

Not to derail the thread too much - Spore pre-ordered from Amazon and i can't wait to play it!

I tend not to use pay-pal but have bought a fair few games over steam with my ccard with no probs. Probably doesn't help you ;)

Spore I'll wait and see I think, should be good and will play it but probably one to get a few months after release for me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It sounds interesting but giving a game rave reviews before playing it more often than not ends up in disappointment.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yea, but that is a Valve game, this isnt.... CoD4 costs around $82 once tax etc is added.

yah such good value for £40.

who the fuck cares about £5.

spending 5£ >>> spending the morning with Johny Consumer in town or fucking about with play.coms postage lottery

Helme

Resident Freddy
Anyone know how fierce the copy protection is going to be on it? I want to buy it too, but if it's going to have some really nasty shit I won't bother.

From what I gathered you can only have 3 copies installed at once, but you can de-activate a copy etc.

Other than that you need to validate your game during install and updates, but that's about it I think - I personally hope they go with what Mass Effect offered, after you activate you don't need to use the CD to play anymore which was awesome really, first time in ages I haven't had to download an illegal crack to play my legally bought game without the CD sounding like a jet turbine and then eventually breaking due to overusage -.-

16 days to go btw! :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, I guess I'll wait and see what people say when it comes out. It just pisses me off that I'll have a more enjoyable and convenient experience with the game if I pirate it than if I pay for it. I have no problem with paying for it, I'll just be annoyed if pirating turns out to be a more straightforward option.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's what I love about Steam. You just pay, download, and play. No messing around with updates or anything.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Hmm, I guess I'll wait and see what people say when it comes out. It just pisses me off that I'll have a more enjoyable and convenient experience with the game if I pirate it than if I pay for it. I have no problem with paying for it, I'll just be annoyed if pirating turns out to be a more straightforward option.

If it's anything like Mass Effect it will do this automatically, just make sure to de-activate a machine before formating your computer for example.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Same deal as with Bioshock, pretty crappy if you ask me :|

Helme

Resident Freddy
Didn't they trash the Bioshock system completly? the Mass Effect one wasn't such a big deal imho.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know, the last I heard they allowed more installs before it blocks you, but it was still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom