Spore release date announced!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Just got it. About to install it. Will let you know.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Way too addictive...up til midnight getting into space.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Save often people!

Mine just crashed after a 3 hour space session with no saves, the Moose Gryphons lost control over 10 planets :(

Damini

Part of the furniture
Yeah, you need to uninstall the EA downloader - fixed it for me. I was crashing every few minutes before that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So is it addictive then? Kind of like Civilisation-play-from-2pm-to-4am addictive?

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
So is it addictive then? Kind of like Civilisation-play-from-2pm-to-4am addictive?

Oh yes. Im having difficulty understanding terraforming...may have to look in the manual...good design that, I haven't had to so far

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The game is too "cute" for me. Too bad, i had hoped to waste many hours on this. :(

Damini

Part of the furniture
Here's a little tip for anyone at the second stage.

If it suddenly turns to night, and your vision becomes incredibly limited, do not continue to play for another six hours, with your nose pressed up against the monitor, bitching about the dark setting and fiddling with the monitor to try and improve the situation, while waiting for a dawn that never comes.

Give your creature back the eyes you accidentally removed.

Oh yes. I'm a total tool.

Chilly

Balls of steel
little tip for space stage:

dont expand too fast. Make your first few million by trading in spice between systems. Systems with a lack of a particular spice colour production will pay over the odds for that colour. Invest in terraforming and get a larger hold asap so you can carry around 2 full food webs with you for quick and dirty terraforming. Dont buy anything from your home world, its normally a good 100% more expensive than from an ally or other species.

Don't start any wars til you are tooled up, cos it'll just slow you down due to them always attacking your colonies.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That's one of the things that stopped me playing the space stage. Two races declared war on me and destroyed a colony of mine. I could not be bothered to fuck around with the RTS side of things.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

If it suddenly turns to night, and your vision becomes incredibly limited, do not continue to play for another six hours, with your nose pressed up against the monitor, bitching about the dark setting and fiddling with the monitor to try and improve the situation, while waiting for a dawn that never comes.

:clap::clap:

I loves you, Dams!!! :D

pez

Can't get enough of FH

On the cell stage I always remove my eyes, makes it a lot more challenging and fun. And realistic imo. I reckon the primordial gunk would have been a dark place.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
I loves you too Dam...simply cos its precisely the kind of thing I would do as well. like when I was first learning how to play WoW, and couldn't understand why my weapon suddenly disappeared. Took until VAe got home later that day and explained about having to repair that it became more obvious!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
The Space stage is very addictive, Expanding slowly and making tons of trade routes and 2 alliances, was a war monger for the other stages but am taking the peace road, till I can get bigger and more powerful, one race did try to wage a war against me and demanded credits but I ended up using a happiness ray which made them netural then did a few missions for them and they are fine with me for the moment, but I messed up one mission which they weren't too happy about and ended up making a distant empire declare war on me, but they so too far away from my colonies for me to care at the moment, plus my allies stand in the way between them and me.

Find it interesting finding creatures I created in the demo on other planets and seeing them evolve which is cool.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bought galactic edition(worth the extra buck or two), found it fun, good, extremely pleasurable to play(even with few flaws), it's no "game" game, but it's a good "game".

Entertainment for sure.

First made Caw race, vindictive warhungry birdpeople(can find in sporepedia...should be...many like my Caw-Ter-1 :D).

And then fell in love with these fellows, known as Spappy! :clap:

They know the truth, cake is diamond!

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 40

Chilly

Balls of steel
bought the planet buster, cost 5 million bucks - totally lost interest after that :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Completed the thing pretty quickly once the game stopped crashing (slaps forehead for not installing gfx card drivers earlier).

I was sorely disappointed by the end. Congratulations and...that was it... Some of the ways to get up the ranks are plain stupid (oblivions jumping up and down anyone?) and it's a real shame the space stage isn't full of more/any AI.

As for the choices throughout, I think that once you've made your bed through the first four stages, you lie in it for the space stage. I went from being extremely pleasant to people to just running around destroying empire after empire and by the end of the game, the timeline hadn't moved an inch up or down :(

I do have to say, it's brilliant seeing games like this with a bit of imagination for once but it's a classic case of lack of thought at the end hurdle. If only they had of spent a little more time doing it, this could have been an absolute masterpiece but instead, it's great to play through for the novelty value but I fear it's not going to have a massively lasting effect :( Think I ended up spending around 10-15hours without reading the manual so noobing it about basically before the ungratifying 'grats' came up :(

6/10, purely because it's refreshing to see something new. It would have been higher if I could see it being advertised to kids but it's a 12...worse then Batman:Dark Knight apparently... go figure.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
and it's a real shame the space stage isn't full of more/any AI.

As for the choices throughout, I think that once you've made your bed through the first four stages, you lie in it for the space stage. I went from being extremely pleasant to people to just running around destroying empire after empire and by the end of the game, the timeline hadn't moved an inch up or down :(

Thats not true, I was in the red in all the stages being aggresive and war mongering, but have completly turned tail in the space stage I am opening new alliances and trade routes, I ended the war against me by offering them money and now I have bought two of there planets through trade and peace.

I am in contact with around 5 or so races at the moment and noticed a few more still in the civ or tribal phase, hopefully I will meet more races.

Also whats the deal with the Grox, do you ever find out?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Thats not true, I was in the red in all the stages being aggresive and war mongering, but have completly turned tail in the space stage I am opening new alliances and trade routes, I ended the war against me by offering them money and now I have bought two of there planets through trade and peace.

I am in contact with around 5 or so races at the moment and noticed a few more still in the civ or tribal phase, hopefully I will meet more races.

Also whats the deal with the Grox, do you ever find out?

Aye that's how I mean mate, you can pretty much do anything you like leading upto the space stage, the only difference is that you start with an ability or two dependant on which of the three catagories you were in from civ stage. On my timeline through the space stage, I started nicely making alliances, trade routes, missions for others, the timeline stayed on warrior or whatever it was. I then started killing everything in sight, stil la warrior. Very disappointing :(

As for the grox, it's my understanding that you find out about them when you travel towards the centre of the galaxy which I never did as it's bloody miles away.

Nice hint for more cash I found in my game, populate planets which have pink and green spice on them as it all sells for a small fortune. The pink I didn't even have to search far but I found people buying it for 50k+ per one... By that point you've got enough funds to do pretty much anything too :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
BBC NEWS | Technology | Spore copyright control relaxed

It seems that they're paying attention to the complaints, but the steps they've taken are pretty crap.

EA says it has found from user data that fewer than half of one per cent of users have tried to activate the game on more than three computers. As a result, it believes allowing five installations of the game will account for all legitimate users.

Of course very few people have tried to activate it on more than three machines, it's only been out a few weeks. The issue with this DRM is the longevity of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom