*SPOILER* How do you kill Mothra??

O

old.Johnny Jackal

How do you kill the giant moth (forgeboss)?

Here's some of the stuff I tried:

Unloading 900+ ammo of arc welder into him followed by 900+ photon bursts...result nothing

Unloading etc..etc into his tendrils....result nothing

Shooting the alcove behind him - the cursor turns yellow indicating something destructable possibly a force field generator.....result nothing

Shooting at his yellow fart generator when it appears under his ass......result nothing

Running manically around shooting eveywhere but at him.......result nothing

Hitting the monitor with a large fly swatter........result gibbering innanely and much drool dribbling from my mouth for about half an hour.

Please help (if you're not insane at this point) before I end up retarded.

E

Embattle

I kept trying to shot his under side. I just fired nearly every thing I had and in the end he died, not much help I know :)

G

Just pile everything you have into him and he will die eventually. I didn't think it was a particularly good boss monster though - after all that effort of getting out of that pod thing he just sat there. Why didn't he bother to chase at all?

G

To make it more of a challenge. Just sitting their farting out plasma (which is what it looked like) was hardly scary.

Its a shame that game designers always think boss monsters have to be huge mdls to be impressive. One of the scariest gaming moments for me was hearing the cyberdemon's footsteps in Doom, but not knowing what it looked like. Its about time someone did a boss monster where it was almost a 1v1 duel where you had to hunt it. Sealed, fully visible arenas are about as thrilling as a damp piece of toast.

Oh and if you don't quit it with the one liners Embattle I'm gonna reduce your posting count through the admin interface :)

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Thanks, I'll give him another blast tonight. I couldn't face him last night - he was beginning to scare me.

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Oh dear, oh dear. Last night I tried for about an hour but still no sign of damaging Mothra. Maybe I've set the difficulty too high.

Perhaps you have to set up a lamp in the middle to lure him into flying around it manically.

G

lol :)

I think I played the game on average. I just emptied my photon launcher into it and then switched to the arc welder, both on normal fire mode, aiming generally at the body. I still had some ammo left over at the end.

O

old.Johnny Jackal

Was there any indication he was being damaged? Did he glow a bit or did bits drop off?

O

old.Cornholio

yeah i had no probs killing the beasty!

i just kept running around it and used the welder aimed at its head. after that ran out the old photon torpedoes were cool... but like speccy i had some ammo left!

Users who are viewing this thread