Speed of Earth Pets ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Are Earthlord pets faster than the other 1 min pets ( L40 & L32) you can summon ?

Tested it briefly the other day but couldnt see much difference, i just remeber someone telling me ages ago the lords were faster - anyone know ?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
*shrug*

i was told that to... i think they also have more hp and do more dmg though... if there's no significant difference ill probably respec to
45 earth
18 ice
23 air
with the free respec we all got:)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Been trying to gleem stuff off the vn boards, to not much success.

Im hoping this is the case :

L48 pets : mach 5
L40 & 32 pets : mach 4

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Been trying to gleem stuff off the vn boards, to not much success.

Im hoping this is the case :

L48 pets : mach 5
L40 & 32 pets : mach 4

whats mach:-/

and you meen spec level, rather than the pet level?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
done some digging myself...

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_elementalist_professions/b20905/99593576/p1/?6

Earthlords are very much worth it and they hit like a mack truck, run at or slightly faster than speed 6 and lockdown any caster or healer quite possibly better than any other pet just by themselves, but in combination with ice pets are the kiss of death.

"2. is earthlord even worth it? "
Not really, the advantages of it are less than the disadvantages.

the level 48 earth pets hit just a little harder than the 40 ones (total guess here) but it seems like about 10-15 more dammage per swing but the real advantage is that if you get an earth lord off the enemy can not out run it... even moving as speed 6 with a good head start the earth lord will still catch them if its not killed. If earth lords have more HP it isent vary much and they are cleared with 1 AOE just like the lower level earth pets.
Now I am not promoting 48 earth (yes I tried it for a long time) but there are some advantages to it. But imho the highest you should ever take earth is 47 so that you can still get the level 25 ice pet. Now if mythic would grant us 5 more spec points then 48 eareth 25 ice would be a vary solid spec.

Its my experience that the earthlords hit alot harder (30-70 more per swing), are actually smaller, and yes much much faster. Your definitely right about the tradeoff - its really not worth it to lose the 25 ice pet and the varience on your baseline nuke is just...yuck. I went to 45 earth for the pbt and even at 29 ice my varience is still noticeable although fairly small. Ive put lots of points into wild power and mastery of magery to offset the weakness of the baseline nuke compared to the air nuke and now it hits for respectable damages. So, based on that id say go air to RR5+ then switch to higher earth when u can pickup the passive RA's to offset the damage diff.

seems that:
air, are slow die quick and are week
ice, so so and great range
earth, hit hard and outrun the enemy!

--

tbh i would like higher ice pets for keep situations, but mine are good enough i think

Zede

Part of the furniture
my thinking is, from 2200 range you would be able to get off say 4 earthlords on any charging tank before they are in melee range - no good having a cool air nuke if nobody is in range to kill :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
air nuke, if no one can kill it?

air pet or air nuke?

it said... earth pets hit very hard... so if you do ml9 on 1 +atleast 2 others just run for your life, and wait for the dude/dudette to die tbh:p
though he would probbly catch wind of your stratigy, so create new once when you get a distance again

Zede

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
air nuke, if no one can kill it?

air pet or air nuke?

it said... earth pets hit very hard... so if you do ml9 on 1 +atleast 2 others just run for your life, and wait for the dude/dudette to die tbh:p
though he would probbly catch wind of your stratigy, so create new once when you get a distance again

casters nuke from 1500 +10% range, so hard to nuke something...thats erm outside of that range !

im gettin moc3, so any inc tank - spam earthlords on it and 1 ML9'd its gonna be dead by the time it arrives at the theurg, well I hope so anyway !

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Mach = speed. Skald is speed 6 but some people call it Mach 6

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Mach = speed. Skald is speed 6 but some people call it Mach 6

I think speed 5 is the red skald speed. Speed 6 is speed 5 + sprint.

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
I think speed 5 is the red skald speed. Speed 6 is speed 5 + sprint.

Darzil

yep thats correct, kinda tired posting at 12:35 but i got the bit about Mach correct hehe!

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
In a roaming fg type scenario on a classic server (so no ml9 pet) which type of pet would theurg's use to disrupt an inc grp?

I thought cold nuke pets were good so they get into range and interupt but dont get cleaned by pb's or shroom fields by the casters at the back.

I was also under the impression that air (stun) pets were good to interupt and lock down a target, yes they dont last as long or hit hard but the repetative stun component made up for this?

I didnt see the theurg as a killer more an interupter while my assist train is dealing the real damage?

any useful tips greatly appreciated

Maoixils - 40 theurg

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
whats mach:-/

Its a measurement of speed, where mach 1 is roughly how fast something needs togo to break the sound barrier (travel faster than sound).Used mostly for aircraft speed, but in this case its just a fun way of saying speed 6 ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_number

^ nice piccies and scary maths ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Phantomby said:
In a roaming fg type scenario on a classic server (so no ml9 pet) which type of pet would theurg's use to disrupt an inc grp?

I thought cold nuke pets were good so they get into range and interupt but dont get cleaned by pb's or shroom fields by the casters at the back.

A good shaman can ruin the DD pets in seconds. All he has to do is insta pbaoe disease them and the DD pets go into melee mode.

Even if they get to a target they only melee for about 1 dmg :(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
A good shaman can ruin the DD pets in seconds. All he has to do is insta pbaoe disease them and the DD pets go into melee mode.

Even if they get to a target they only melee for about 1 dmg :(

*takes notes*

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:

The best is probably a combination of ice and earth pets.
That way you not only get pets that will last for a long time if not cleared but add in ice pets that can't be boxed as easily..

Keep changing your position so the ice pets are scattered about the battle and it's very hard to clear them all.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i've went air then earth

Use earth for the earth pets on keeps etc and i nuke alot with air, hit very hard and seems to do the trick, and less whining from ppl sayin about petspam etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom