Speed Dating

J

Jonny_Darko

Some of you may remember I was going to give this a go...

...well, it was very enjoyable, if a bit weird.

However, I think it has back-fired - this was supposed to be my last hope for getting my confidence back, but out of 26 women, none of them liked me...I don't know how I'm supposed to move on from here. It's like, I had a problem talking to women because I don't think I'm what they want, everyone told me I was being daft and making it up, but this seems to prove it all. Over 80% of men get a match, and the average is about 4 matches, which has made me feel like a complete freak.

Dammit I'm a good looking, intelligent and funny lad who's something a bit different from the rank and file bloke. Looking at the blokes there I would have said I was one of the better catches. I would have thought that three minutes wouldn't have been enough time for me to say something daft but I must have done.

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Smiling? I was. Listening? Yes. Eye contact? Yep. I thought I did fine.

However, I did lose my form. Which had comments boxes for every lady. Now I'm certain I had it at the train station, but it's always possible I left it at the bar...and if one of the ladies found it and showed it around it would explain everything.

I was there on my own, I was a bit tipsy, and I tried to amuse myself by writing comments such as "chubby but I would" and worse things that are actually quite out of character for me...how could I be so stupid?

So either a) I lost my form elsewhere and maybe they just all disliked me.
or b) they all looked at my comments, thought I was a prick and decided not to tick me even if they already had.

I prefer b) although I'm angry at myself if that did happen. I'm going to try again though so if I did leave my form I can only pray that none of the girls are there again from this time.

D

Damini

Or maybe it was just a fluke of statistics this time, and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you, just the right women weren't there?

edit:// getting tipsy though might have been off putting.

edit2:// If I'd seen your comment card I would have thought you were a prize shit just out hunting for a vagina though, and I would have run a mile. Sorry :(

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Damini
edit:// getting tipsy though might have been off putting.

Everyone was. Only enough that I didn't just sit there and shake from fear basically.

Originally posted by Damini
edit2:// If I'd seen your comment card I would have thought you were a prize shit just out hunting for a vagina though, and I would have run a mile. Sorry :(

Me too. Make no mistake, it was horrid. I'm not proud of myself.

R

rynnor

Try not getting pissed next time and dont put negative comments and then lose the form...

I'm sure you didnt do as bad as my mate did recently - as an opener to one attractive girl he joked about how sad people who ticked all the 'want as a friend' boxes were - this one went down like the proverbial as she frostily told him that she had ticked all the boxes and that she had just come over from Canada - he backtracked but she wasnt happy - strangely she didnt tick his box... :)

M

Mr.Monkey

Speed dating frightens me.

I always opt for the arranged marriage, hindu stylee.

X

xane

The other answer could be that Speed Dating is a pile of crap and the "80% of men get a match" is pure advertisement bullshit that you fell hook, line and sinker for.

Got a good friend (female) involved in this, I'll ask her about it next time I see her.

L

lovedaddy

Think yourself lucky. Was out on the drink last week. Gets up, stinking hangover. Walks into living room where my dads gf, Julie, was having breakfast. The conversation went something like:

"good night" - J
"not really" - Me
"so you didn't pull then" - J
"nah, not even close" - Me
"Hmmmm." - J

*20 or so seconds pause*

"You know, this bloke at work who was having trouble went on this dating thing..." - J
"I'm going else where" - Me

Well, it beats the drunken "so when do I get a gran child" conversation I normally get I suppose.

G

Gumbo

What an anti climax to that story. I thought she was going to make you an offer.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Mr.Monkey
Speed dating frightens me.

I always opt for the arranged marriage, hindu stylee.

Maybe that explains why your a spineless moron who trolls people.

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by Gumbo
What an anti climax to that story. I thought she was going to make you an offer.

No no. Saying that. She is closer to my age than she is to my old man.

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by lovedaddy
No no. Saying that. She is closer to my age than she is to my old man.

Filth, go for it though, lol. Providing she's nice.

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
Dammit I'm a good looking, intelligent and funny lad who's something a bit different from the rank and file bloke. Looking at the blokes there I would have said I was one of the better catches.

You sound a bit up yourself there. It's the girls decision and thinking you're better than the others is a bad move.

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Smiling? I was. Listening? Yes. Eye contact? Yep. I thought I did fine.

Sounds like a very logical check list, but what about relaxing and actually getting to know someone?

However, I did lose my form. Which had comments boxes for every lady. Now I'm certain I had it at the train station, but it's always possible I left it at the bar...and if one of the ladies found it and showed it around it would explain everything.

Bad comments are a silly idea, as is losing a form, lol, well done.

L

leggy

This speed dating really does sound a bit suspect. I know it's maybe designed more for the socially inept (not a dig Jonny btw) but it really does sound like the Mcdonalds of dating.

My ex girlfriend of 7 years told me recently that she wants to do this and tbh it made me kind of sad. She is a really nice girl and never has a problem speaking to people. Her only problem is that she has absolutely no self worth at all. This doesn't seem to be your problem though jonny. I get the impression that you think alot of yourself especially judging by the comments you made on your form. Even if you were drunk. Alcohol has a tendency to bring a bit of truth out of a person. Maybe a little modesty wouldn't do you any harm.

I haven't really made a useful point as usual. And before I get flamed my intention wasn't to insult you jonny. Sorry if it appears that way.

L

L_Plates

Maybe your to nice mate. Try to be an utter twat and see what happens !

J

Jonny_Darko

Most of my problems derive from having a terribly low opinion of myself. If I was up myself, I wouldn't find chatting up women a problem surely? However, I'm not blind, and not stupid and I do know what IS good about me, and it would just be stupid and even more damaging for me to go around going "Oh I'm so ugly" when I'm clearly not.

W

Wij

Word of advice though. Lose the 'tache and eye-patch.

L

~Lazarus~

Jonny,

All you need to do is sit in the corner and lick your eyebrows.

They will be SWARMING all over you ;)

S

sad_mung

I always thought speed dating was like this.

"Hey!"
"Oh Hi!"
"Oh Yeah, jiggegy jiggedy jiggedy jig"
"Oh YEAH!
"Oh Yeah......"
"Bye.."
"Bye"

Didn't realise it involved actually finding out about the prospective partner.
:0

T

throdgrain

Some of you may remember I was going to give this a go...

Dammit I'm a good looking, intelligent and funny lad who's something a bit different from the rank and file bloke. Looking at the blokes there I would have said I was one of the better catches.

Most of my problems derive from having a terribly low opinion of myself.
You got to laugh really ...

D

Delboy

Speed dating does get you "exposed" to as many women as possible in a short time, which isnt a bad thing if you think dating is a numbers game.

Unless your doing things like Evening classes in Dance, Art, Cookery or Yoga or doing some sort of voluntary work then it aint easy getting to know folk.

People are always attracted to others who show a passion for life, and have some sort of clear direction and are in control of their lives, free and easy with their humour,

Mind u, in these speed dating things, I guess people make up all sorts of stuff about themselves.

And that's the thing, getting folk to talk about themselves and show that your actually listening to them, occassionally repeating what they say.

That's the other thing about speed dating, with so many potential targets you neednt get all down and depressed when rejection happens.

One thing tho, it's takes a while, but when an interaction goes wrong you have to beleive that there s a good chance it's the other persons problem and not yours.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by sad_mung
I always thought speed dating was like this.

"Hey!"
"Oh Hi!"
"Oh Yeah, jiggegy jiggedy jiggedy jig"
"Oh YEAH!
"Oh Yeah......"
"Bye.."
"Bye"

Didn't realise it involved actually finding out about the prospective partner.
:0

hehe hurrah for Quagmire!

(I presume thats what you were quoting, and not just recalling a previous date?)

S

Summo

Aww raaaaight!

OH!

Quoting Quagmire is not easy. :(

D

Deadmanwalking

Re: Re: Speed Dating

Originally posted by throdgrain
You got to laugh really ...

Dating advice from a gaming forum :clap:

Look at leggeh FFS!

:D

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by ECA
Maybe that explains why your a spineless moron who trolls people.
Mainly you judging by that post. Someone get kicked out of bed this morning?

L

leggy

Re: Re: Re: Speed Dating

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Dating advice from a gaming forum :clap:

Look at leggeh FFS!

:D

oi

I've had loads of dates the last few months.

well

loads as in 4.

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Cdr
hehe hurrah for Quagmire!

(I presume thats what you were quoting, and not just recalling a previous date?)
Yep, the funniest cartoon comedic sidekick evah!

D

Deadmanwalking

Re: Re: Re: Re: Speed Dating

Originally posted by leggy
oi

I've had loads of dates the last few months.

well

loads as in 4.

Hmm 1 bird was how tall?? 6'5 ish?

1 more that couldn't walk down stairs

that bird from wherever that cancelled at the last minute?

The one that fooked off back to liverpool, Nice :D

Users who are viewing this thread