Speed awareness course..

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
everyone knows the G and I have been happily married for ages now :eek:

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I did one a few years back, at Butlins in Bognor of all places. They played how to save a life while everyone was waiting in the lobby :-/

The course i had was split into three sections, all about equal time. THe first part that dragged on for what seemed like an eternity about why speeding is bad, stats and all that jazz. The second part which flew by was on advanced driving techniques and how to save fuel etc, which was quite interesting. The last part was videos etc to make you feel like a terrible human being.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You've clearly neverv meet him, the thought of Rob as a bachelor make me cry with laughter and sadness at the same time.
I've only met maybe two people from this forum, both of which never post and both of which I knew before we started coming here :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
OK, ok there are times when I have to slap him to keep him in place, but we've incorporated that into our sex play.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ironically I think the police car speeding up to my scooters ass early yesterday in mist could do with a course like this, so tempted to complain about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ironically I think the police car speeding up to my scooters ass early yesterday in mist could do with a course like this, so tempted to complain about it.

Was riding my bike round the peak district the other week. Had to go on the road for a few miles which annoyed me because, well, cars. Only one I had a problem with was a cunt copper in a big 4x4 who deliberately buzzed me. Everyone else was fine :(

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
My license is currently in the hands of Sevenoaks Crown Court. Apparently I didn't see the sign on the gantry above the M25 reading 40mph. I was doing 67. Can't think of a single reason why it would've been set to that as the road was clear. I imagine they got a lot of people that day as everyone else was doing the same speeds as me, or faster.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Damn hate that when they put the gantry speeds down to40 then back up the very next one

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can't always see the reason those gantry signs have a low speed limit attached. There may be people working in the vicinity, at the sides of bridges, on the embankments, etc. I always slow down for those. Working on a motorway is an extremely dangerous job, I wouldn't like to do it, therefore I respect those limits.

If anything annoys me, it's the "cry wolf" yellow matrix signs that warn of wisps of fog, or that advise you to slow to 50mph for something that stopped happening 4 hours previously.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So here's an insight into the very beginnings of the total big brother world we will soon live in...and the total lack of understanding of the consequences even by the people selling the stuff astounds me...some don't know who owns the data snd they are admitting all new cars will be able to be tracked using the emergency only bullshit.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...t-black-box-data-may-be-handed-to-police.html

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Good. Having more data on peoples' movements can be a positive thing, allowing government to more accurately plan our country's transport infrastructure.

Of course if you think that MI5 will be interested in your weekly trip to buy a bag of carrots and 20 Bensons, that's your problem.

georgie

FH is my second home
Yeah, if you've got nothing to hide you've got no need to worry. :rolleyes:

Job

On my course they showed that vid where the guy has killed a child while driving and he keeps seeing his dead body lying on the ground everywhere he goes...we watched in silence and in the quiet pause after it finished I came so close to saying 'how lazy is that kid'..but decided against it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
On my course they showed that vid where the guy has killed a child while driving and he keeps seeing his dead body lying on the ground everywhere he goes...we watched in silence and in the quiet pause after it finished I came so close to saying 'how lazy is that kid'..but decided against it.
Twat

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good. Having more data on peoples' movements can be a positive thing, allowing government to more accurately plan our country's transport infrastructure.

Of course if you think that MI5 will be interested in your weekly trip to buy a bag of carrots and 20 Bensons, that's your problem.
Personal data freely interchanged between business to make them more money? Not sure who owns it? Yeah great idea! Nothing wrong with anonymous usage data, but you need a framework of rules to guard it's usage.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i know they started putting those "BRIDGE REPAIRS ETC" signs up cos people used to complain about roadworks and not a single bugger in sight, cos theyre all underneath the bridge :/

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Since I had a friend very seriously injured outside my school by a speeding driver, I find this especially hilarious.

You should get points if that was your honest reaction.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I had a mate who got hurt by a speeding driver and I've understandably become emotional about it but it's also caused me to lose perspective

Meh. He was bored on a speed awareness course and a short film designed to tug on heartstrings didn't have the desired effect because not all humans are the same...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I agree those courses are i tended to appeal to the majority not everyone. And doing 40 outside a school is different to doing 77 on a motorway etc etc.

I could run a kid down and kill him through no fault of my own doing 20 outside a school.

Just cause a tactic didn't work on a person don't mean you hang draw and quater him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You should get points if that was your honest reaction.

I'd probably have the same reaction and since my dad was killed in a car accident what does that make me?

My mum would be mortified 'cause she's lost perpective. Me? Shit happens...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Personal data freely interchanged between business to make them more money? Not sure who owns it? Yeah great idea! Nothing wrong with anonymous usage data, but you need a framework of rules to guard it's usage.

I mostly agree. But if the government wants to track my vehicular activity I have no problem with that. Perhaps freely-available data might highlight just how lazy some people are, particularly those who jump into their car to drop Tarquin off at the school that's only a mile away.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I mostly agree. But if the government wants to track my vehicular activity I have no problem with that. Perhaps freely-available data might highlight just how lazy some people are, particularly those who jump into their car to drop Tarquin off at the school that's only a mile away.

Should the government advise they improve as human beings? What about those that like to sleep in on a Sunday? Surely it would be more productive if they got up earlier? I also think the landlord in the pub should count how many pints we consume of an evening and report it to the authorities, for our own protection ofc.

I have no issue with those boxes that activate upon a collision to notify the police, ambulance etc (with some thorough testing) but there is no need to keep tabs on people for no reason. Shit like trackers used to need a court order.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, once again, we should all live the way comrade Tom believes. God forbid that someone who has paid for their vehicle, insurance & fuel should use it how they deem fit. No, what should happen is they should be paying money for a company to track their every move so they have no privacy and for that privilege they get to be told they are feckless and lazy.

It's ridiculous how easily you support an idea that is wholly designed to reduce the amount of money in the pockets of the population at large whilst at the same time it puts everyone on a leash.

Job

It has to repeated time and time again..every seemingly innocent and helpful step is eroding our very point of existence..at what point do we destroy the machine...when it monitors our daily routine or when it controls our thoughts for the safety ofeveryone.
That quite simply is the end game of this urge to contain the indifference of the universe..we are making our god and he really does watch everything you do...just like santa.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So, once again, we should all live the way comrade Tom believes. God forbid that someone who has paid for their vehicle, insurance & fuel should use it how they deem fit. No, what should happen is they should be paying money for a company to track their every move so they have no privacy and for that privilege they get to be told they are feckless and lazy.

It's ridiculous how easily you support an idea that is wholly designed to reduce the amount of money in the pockets of the population at large whilst at the same time it puts everyone on a leash.

Most of my driving is on the motorway, where accidents are unlikely. Why should I subsidise people who drive in rush hour urban traffic? Or should we all pay to support Comrade Mystic G?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom