soz - lol

O

old.Laryssa

GOA News
Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

You could have spent the weekend at the beach too.

A word that u are actually working/planing on something would have given us a feeling that u actually care about your customers - not only about the monthly subs.

Putting together another news

Prolly using the patch translators to post the news in the different languages and this takes a bit.

:sleeping: :clap:

T

Thorarin

I dunno, are the patches that badly translated? :)

S

Starman

Its great to be English :clap: :rolleyes:

By that I mean we don't have to suffer the bad translations etc

O

old.Noita

Well I think this kind of sums up GOA's attitude pretty well.

We all know that operating a MMORPG is fraught with danger, that there are many, many things that occur which are not GOA's fault.

However, I believe that this statement shows that the GOA philosophy is to run this game as a product when games like these SHOULD be run as a service.

Having spent a considerable amount of time both personally and professionally either in Paris or dealing with French Corporations there from the UK, there does seem to be a much lower emphasis on customer services in French corporate culture than say for example in the US and increasingly in the UK.

Contrary to this statement - the art of good customer services or client relationship management IS to communicate, even when there is nothing further to add to previous statements. Simply the fact that an updated statement appears regularly when there are prolonged problems such as those recently experienced or fast accurate information readily and easily available when short term problems arise gives the customer base the sense that whilst there may be no actual improvement in the problem - at least the company cares sufficiently about its clients to make the effort to explain that - whilst xxxxx service is still out of action or xxxxx problem still exists normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

All of these things could be easily solved too - I would suggest that GOA employ a Community Manager - who's responsibility it would be to be the focal point for these things. Who would act as a conduit between Mythic and GOA in relation to issues pertaining to the EU version of the game who would maintain a DAoC website which would NOT go down at the same time as the servers, leaving people with absolutely no option but to come here for information/rumour and conjecture.

Creating such a position would cost €40-45,000 per annum. The cost of not creating such a role... well in business, its not hard to get new clients, its harder to keep them in the face of direct competition and its almost impossible to get them back once they have decided to leave.

M

mucking_fuppet

Don't you just love the way they try to justify themselves and villify us? We are the reason they have money. They should be grovelling.

T

tulda

goa dont work at the weekend... maybe they go to the beach :p

P

pihlss

Originally posted by old.Noita
Well I think this kind of sums up GOA's attitude pretty well.

We all know that operating a MMORPG is fraught with danger, that there are many, many things that occur which are not GOA's fault.

However, I believe that this statement shows that the GOA philosophy is to run this game as a product when games like these SHOULD be run as a service.

Having spent a considerable amount of time both personally and professionally either in Paris or dealing with French Corporations there from the UK, there does seem to be a much lower emphasis on customer services in French corporate culture than say for example in the US and increasingly in the UK.

Contrary to this statement - the art of good customer services or client relationship management IS to communicate, even when there is nothing further to add to previous statements. Simply the fact that an updated statement appears regularly when there are prolonged problems such as those recently experienced or fast accurate information readily and easily available when short term problems arise gives the customer base the sense that whilst there may be no actual improvement in the problem - at least the company cares sufficiently about its clients to make the effort to explain that - whilst xxxxx service is still out of action or xxxxx problem still exists normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

All of these things could be easily solved too - I would suggest that GOA employ a Community Manager - who's responsibility it would be to be the focal point for these things. Who would act as a conduit between Mythic and GOA in relation to issues pertaining to the EU version of the game who would maintain a DAoC website which would NOT go down at the same time as the servers, leaving people with absolutely no option but to come here for information/rumour and conjecture.

Creating such a position would cost €40-45,000 per annum. The cost of not creating such a role... well in business, its not hard to get new clients, its harder to keep them in the face of direct competition and its almost impossible to get them back once they have decided to leave.

I fully support what you saying.

I have the same idea how to keep costumers it´s easy to get costumers , but you need to have good costumer communication to keep them as clients

Users who are viewing this thread