Soul Caliber 2

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
Pfft.

SF2 Turbo.

Teh Daddeh.

Streetfighter is indded the best beatemup imo but EX took more of my pound coins. And now i have it running nicely on my pc emulated via zINC. I dont feel any remorse for this as i must have spent £500+ in the arcade on it. (5-6 years ago).

Mainly playing SNK VS Capcom : Chaos emulated thru Kawa-x on my xbox tho, its a fantastic game if very hard. If you havent heard of this, if you remember Capcom VS SNK? That was made by capcom, this outing has been created by SNK or should i say Playmore and was released no more than 3 mnths ago i think.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Street_Fighter_2_Turbo_-_Version_1 2004 01_04 20-28-44.png

Taken just now.

TEH DADDEH!

:)

Sar

Part of the furniture
zINC?

Wassat then?

Edit: Above was taken using ZSNES. The best Snes Emulator out there.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Ignore the Q, Google is my friend.

Hi Xane!

:D

lovedaddy

Fledgling Freddie
SF2 was a very very good game. The thing that winds me up about SC (and SC2) is that often you can be beaten by a masher. So many moves, cannot know them all, type thing. A masher comes at you in SF2 and its dead for him.

Or maybe I'm still not quite good enough at SC2 yet =)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
edited due to dodgy sizing of pictures :)

ken%20-%20pullum.JPG

also plays tekken 2a in 1280 x 1024 mode :)

law%20-%20nina.JPG

Oh and sar, yes snes9x is nice, i have 3500 snes roms running on my xbox atm

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Soul Calibur 2 + VF4:Evo = Deepest 3D fighters going. The level of depth on SC2 is unbelievable with the Just-Frames etc.

For 2D, I was a long standing capcom devotee, but now I love Playmore and more importantly Sammy. Nothing touches GGXX.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
babs said:
Soul Calibur 2 + VF4:Evo = Deepest 3D fighters going. The level of depth on SC2 is unbelievable with the Just-Frames etc.

For 2D, I was a long standing capcom devotee, but now I love Playmore and more importantly Sammy. Nothing touches GGXX.

Yeah, VF4:Evo is pretty stunning as well.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
lovedaddy said:
SF2 was a very very good game. The thing that winds me up about SC (and SC2) is that often you can be beaten by a masher. So many moves, cannot know them all, type thing. A masher comes at you in SF2 and its dead for him.

Learn how to guard counter -> apply -> goodbye masher.

Out of interest SC2 character choices people?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
kilik all the way plz. I'd like to be good with mitsurugi cos he's cool, also xianghua but tbh the only fella I can use well is kilik.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Mitsi and Astaroth. Out of the new guys Raphael once you learn him is good. Astaroth is the ultimate 'get the fK outta here' character to take against button bashers. 4 or 5 good hits and dead.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Kilik and taki.

I swear she has the best boob physics evah!

(I think it's her anyway)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oo yeah, Taki is fun, and yes she has good boob physics :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Great b00bs !

I still prefer Cervantes. Best damage potential in the game imo. Plus spamming 3A is great while you think of something better to do :)

Also I'm still semi-aroused by Nightmare. I love his stance changes and he looks so cool :cool: He's not exactly uber though.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Pffft.

Ivy, Voldo, Necrid, Sueng Mina, and Talim (if I fancy a bit of dancing) here. Buffering someone into Summon Suffering as Ivy is the single greatest thing in the game.

Necrid is a really undervalued character I've noticied. He has the build and corresponding damage of a big guy, but is also pretty fast. His weapon changes for different moves also manage to really mess people up as it's not a case of getting close as you do against the longer range fighters, or hanging back as you do against the light girls.

Voldo is great for confusing the hell out of the opposition, he's one of the guys that doesn't necessarily hit in the direction he's going, and he has absolutely shitloads of range. Plus he does the electric boogaloo as an escap move.

Sueng Mina is pretty nifty, as she's just a Kilik clone with more speed. All of their moves are duplicated but she's that much better at stepping around which makes those sweet nut tosses so much funnier.

As for Talim she's great for moving around the other guy, it's just a shame her only depth is that chain grab move.

babs said:
Out of the new guys Raphael once you learn him is good.

The problem with Raphael is that you end up playing him exactly the same way as his chains are so limited. Every Raph player in the entire world ends up spamming 6BBB into a preparation then sidestep 4b hoping to get a juggle on. It gets so bad that you end up loosing any skill when it comes to other characters.

Wij said:
I still prefer Cervantes. Best damage potential in the game imo

Ivy's Summon Suffering does 95% damage with a counter bonus. Even plain it still nails 85% health. Pretty much the best thing about Cervantes I've found is that his rushing unblockable is really easy to mix up. You can go into the straight forward unblockable spin, do a grab and toss, or just get close and counter into his spinning blades.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
imo cervantes rocks all u have to do is grab then front flip thingy and repeat or u can just flick em in the air and do that cool move. but i thik that voldo could be really good if you new all his moves and were good with him

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
Mitsi and Astaroth. Out of the new guys Raphael once you learn him is good. Astaroth is the ultimate 'get the fK outta here' character to take against button bashers. 4 or 5 good hits and dead.
o yeh asgaroth owns aswell hes just bad ass ;) and his ultimate weapon owns :D

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
imo cervantes rocks all u have to do is grab then front flip thingy and repeat or u can just flick em in the air and do that cool move.

Where's the fun in playing only two moves?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
My problem with mitsu is that I keep reverting to SC1 moves trying to roll etc, and stance switches. I think I spent too long on the game.

Scooba, you seen the videos of some of the Korean teams playing it?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Maxi, simply because nunchukas > all. In fact, the same reason why Michelangelo was the coolest Hero Turtle. It's all about the nunchukas folks.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
Scooba, you seen the videos of some of the Korean teams playing it?

Yeah, it's depressing what some of those boys can do. Anyone who can consistantly pull of Ivy's SS is some kind of scary arcade god, I know exactly how to do it and still only pull it off about half of the times I try it.

Yes, Maxi is a great and difficult character to play, but I think he gets a very bad reputation as he seems to be a button mash character if you don't know what's going on with his stances.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
i use more than 2 move with cervantes just thats its the easyest way to kill people. its even easyer with mitsurgi u just do that move when he stab em then kicks em off his sword over and over again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom