Soul Caliber 2

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
i use more than 2 move with cervantes just thats its the easyest way to kill people. its even easyer with mitsurgi u just do that move when he stab em then kicks em off his sword over and over again ;)

Stop playing with shit players.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Asteroth is my fave char - I adore his axe moves, and the general feel of him.

I also like Talim and Maxi - Asteroth surprised me - I normally prefer faster characters who don't hit hard but do hit fast.

M

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
*Revive*

Bought SC2 for about 7 quid from HMV. :D

Best i can manage is button bashing in easy mode atm. :'( But tbh, it seems that the trend these days is beat 'em ups are hard as nails. Tekken 3 on the PS i could reach atleast level 20 on Survivor with around half the characters, aswell as completing Arcade on the hardest difficulty. Tekken 4, i have yet to win in Arcade on Medium. :/ Same goes for SC2, i can't get past round 2 in arcade on medium, either. Teh suk.

*Practices more*

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I got it for a tenner on the GC a while ago. It is a good beat em up, but I still prefer the likes of Virtua fighter and Tekken 3. Have to say Fighters Destiny on the n64 is still the best I have played, shame about the n64 controller only being any good for Goldeneye.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've completed Weapon Master Mode on the PS2 and GC. Just started XBox :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I love SC got it on the Xbox, managed to complete everything with some solid playing involving me being late for work and turning up half dead casue I had no sleep the night before. Haven't touched it since far to dangerous a game, my mates play it when they come round, mind you I can kick all their asses with Misterurgi (sry sp)

MrK-

Fledgling Freddie
Sir Frizz said:
One Must Fall: 2097 tbh!

Best. Game. Ever.

I actually found a copy of this recently *ahem* but PCs are slightly quicker than they were back in 1994 so it wasn't particularly playable ;)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
That's why VDMSound and DOSBox were created. :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I played this for about the first time in a year just a couple of days ago. Me and a mate were having a marathon Burnout3 session and decided to give it a go for a bit of a change. I'd totally forgotten all of the moves and he'd played it just days before and kicked my arse....for a while. Then I started to remember the moves and it came back pretty quick. :)

Best beat em up ever? Definitely. I was obsessed with SC on the Dreamcast and although I feel SCII plays better on the GC, I have it on my ps2 now and it's still damn good.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Wij said:
I've completed Weapon Master Mode on the PS2 and GC. Just started XBox :)

I've got 5 more missions to complete (GC version) which I've attempted and failed maybe 6 times each so far, and it's quite annoying. Superb game, though, once you get past the "I'm shit and can't get anywhere" phase.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Super Street Fighter 2 and Tekken 2 are still the best, strategically imo. Any character could do well if you knew how to play! and no button bashers :x

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
*thinks he should check this forum more often*

in any respect, char i use in SC2 would have to be either sueng mina, or taki, or tanim, or sophitia, i avoid the normal ones like kilik, too easy :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm crap with Kilik :/

I'm a Cervantes/Nightmare man myself :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
sueng mina, or taki, or tanim, or sophitia, i avoid the normal ones like kilik, too easy :p

But seung mina is more or less identical to kilik...

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
The only person I'm any good with is Yunsung, which seems to be pretty unusual judging by the responses here. Most other characters I've tried have just annoyed me. I'd like to be good with Ivy but fuck, too many moves to memorise. And Cervantes seems kinda cheap.

yashiro

Fledgling Freddie
SC2 is a decent fighting game. I don't think it's actually as good as it's parent though, personally.

The pinnacle of the 3d fighting game genre is clearly VF4 Evolution. May not look as flashy as SC but has much more depth.

On a final note I cant believe this thread is 4 pages in and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike wasn't mentioned as best 2d fighter! If you haven't played this yet get the Xbox version and I'll see you on Live! :D

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
But seung mina is more or less identical to kilik...

i know i know, but would you rather hit some one with a wooden stick or with a pole with a big fk off blade on the end? :)

but no, she has a fair few diffrent moves if you check, her special is compleatly diffrent, she cant do some of the stuff kilik can, but hey, i think kilik is just too normal for people to use, so ill still stick with my main used char of sophitia, most people dont know how the hell i can use her, i just can :D

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Sophitia is crap tbh, she looks good though. Same as Lizardman tbh.

Nightmare was always my fav. He looks how I feel inside.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Sophitia is crap tbh, she looks good though. Same as Lizardman tbh.

Nightmare was always my fav. He looks how I feel inside.

she is only crap if you cant use her, she has a few very good moves, most of her throws have endings you have to do on them aswell, her uppercut that throws you up with sheild, slashes you, kicks you, is kinda fun aswell, bitch to pull off now tho since i forgot how to do it :<

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Bleh. She had no range on her weapon at all. Compared to Nightmare's sword, hers was like a swiss army knife. I like to keep my enemies at a distance when playing fighting games, and if that means poking them away with my 10 foot long sword every now and again then that's what I'll do.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Most of Sophitia's best moves are vertical slashes so she's hit quite hard by the nerf to horizontal tracking on vertical moves in SC2.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Dillinja said:
Bleh. She had no range on her weapon at all. Compared to Nightmare's sword, hers was like a swiss army knife. I like to keep my enemies at a distance when playing fighting games, and if that means poking them away with my 10 foot long sword every now and again then that's what I'll do.

Sounds about right to me. Nightmare's my fave character too. If they get too close I just give them a swift kick and they soon keep their distance.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Pfft, gimme Maxi any time. Enough Tekken style button bashing you can turn him into a blur of nunchukas no one can get near, no matter how long your pointy stick.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
Pfft, gimme Maxi any time. Enough Tekken style button bashing you can turn him into a blur of nunchukas no one can get near, no matter how long your pointy stick.

Nightmare: G+K,K,A,d+A ... db+AB otg df+B,A otg ff+B = Winnar \o/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Maxi has some great moves.

Pity only wankers and ***** use him.

Personally I use Seung Mina/Kilik when I need reach. Talim for close combat, and Assasin all-round. Talim is utterly useless against competent players with long reach, so she's only brought out around shit players/for laughs/short range battles. Not many people use her, so you can surprise people with her movement and some of her combos are very fun to watch.

PS Wij is shite.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Kilik sucks ass. I can see why you use him.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Says the maxi user. Soul Caliburs Eddie Gordo.

u aer teh homo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom