sooo what class u all goin :P

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I said necro but currently considering demonologist and assasin aswell.

rynnor

Rockhound
I was going to go Priest of Mitra but am now more tempted by Tempest of Set - particularly if we go for a PVP type server in the end.

I wasnt too bothered by damage output but its a bit disheartening to see that the Tempest has better damage, similar healing and better CC at level 20

I might still do it on a pve server but seeing as how fragile priests are in AOC the lack of much cc on a pvp server could be a real pain.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I was going to go Priest of Mitra but am now more tempted by Tempest of Set - particularly if we go for a PVP type server in the end.

I wasnt too bothered by damage output but its a bit disheartening to see that the Tempest has better damage, similar healing and better CC at level 20

I might still do it on a pve server but seeing as how fragile priests are in AOC the lack of much cc on a pvp server could be a real pain.

The Tempest of Set is an AOE damage caster / healer hybrid. Very cool class. It has abit weaker healing than the PoM but is still very potent. I think you only get an AOE root and a single medium duration stun + something else on the ToS. The ToS apparentely also has the best group mana-regen abilities in the game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Herald of Xotty is looking mightily appealing.

Sure I'll change my mind many more times though :)

Just watched that vid, looks like they have some sweet spells to back up the melee. Looked kinda like a 2H Blades Vamp :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have prepared a thread with a little comparision between AoC classes and their DAOC posible equivalent.

Just 1 week till they lift NDA :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have prepared a thread with a little comparision between AoC classes and their DAOC posible equivalent.

Just 1 week till they lift NDA :)

I thought NDA was already lifted :p? theres vids of the pvp weekend all over the place so I asume its lifted as far as classes go.

rynnor

Rockhound
NDA is partly lifted - stuff you could see in the PVP weekend is no longer under NDA but everything else is - odd idea really...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I thought NDA was already lifted :p? theres vids of the pvp weekend all over the place so I asume its lifted as far as classes go.

Correct, but I think he means the rest of the beta content

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'll probably go Guardian, because everyone needs a warrior!

(also im crap at playing casters)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a tough call now.

I was going for Demonologist, but necromancer and the scorpii army is tempting.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Prob with PvP weekend is that many of the classes were broken or heavilly updated in the general beta build (like bow dmg being totally broken)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm actually, if i'm going to be Levin in game he HAS to be an arcane caster of some sort. So I reckon it would be either Demon-guy or Necro-guy.

But i'll probably be a bit altoholic and since melee is so much fun in AoC i'd definately want someone who's good at that too.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No matter what, this is gonna be my "most excellent adventure!", since:

A: I know nothing about the game, except a few classes posted and that it's PG18 :D
B: Gonna RP my assets off, meaning, no outside(off-game) help, keep minimum "long range" communication(need to see to talk etc) and try not to find out anything on "how to spec" etc. Fun in the woods when i'm lost and can't find out :D
C: Lots of freddies.
D: Starting right at day one, with the possibility of actually making something of myself.
E: Going for one character and one character alone.

rynnor

Rockhound
E: Going for one character and one character alone.

Aye - thats the key one - no matter how good a class is theres always a point where you think "Oh, that class looks fun, maybe I should create an alt!" which can lead to a nasty case of Altitis!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye - thats the key one - no matter how good a class is theres always a point where you think "Oh, that class looks fun, maybe I should create an alt!" which can lead to a nasty case of Altitis!

Oh i'm a cronic altitism sufferer. Any wave of a shiny sword or a shiny arrow from a shiny weapon that makes a hole i my head for the sun to shine through, makes me think of the other class as the next best thing since bumsex was invented.

That's why i have to keep my eyes focused on the prize. Meaning, being big and powerful and almighty to make others suffer from altitis, meaning i'm the only one without altitism, and as such, a god!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Oh i'm a cronic altitism sufferer. Any wave of a shiny sword or a shiny arrow from a shiny weapon that makes a hole i my head for the sun to shine through, makes me think of the other class as the next best thing since bumsex was invented.

That's why i have to keep my eyes focused on the prize. Meaning, being big and powerful and almighty to make others suffer from altitis, meaning i'm the only one without altitism, and as such, a god!

Good luck with this! I once thought I could do it but... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALTS ARE FUN½½½½½!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
would be fun, i do miss the days of 1 shotting people and staying hidden :p

Think it would be an alt though, grouping is a lot more rewarding in the long run.

Hehe, in pvp weekend thing they had last weekend rangers where 1 shotting ppl and retardly overpowered, they got nerfed though :(

Still a solid high dps class though. I myself wanted to play a ranger since I heard about the game some years ago, but after playing a worthless lvl 60 Hunter in WoW for like 2 months then rage quit, and after DAoC nerfs I think I'll go with a group class this time around, most likely a Priest of Mithra or a Shaman ><.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned

Still it was on a lvl 20 basis. A lvl 20 pac healer in daoc compared to a templated lvl 50 ml10 cl10 rr9+ pacer is quite diffrent aswell.

Though I do agree was kinda dissheartening seeing some youtube phootos of PoMs basically suck ;p..

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i really really fancy a ranger this time round its a class ive never really played to any sort of respectable lvl im just worried about long term groupability

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
i really really fancy a ranger this time round its a class ive never really played to any sort of respectable lvl im just worried about long term groupability

My own experince with archers from 3 games are: (diablo, amazon. DAoC, hunter, scout, ranger. WoW, Hunter.)

1) Shit at PvE at beginning
2) Nerfed in PvP

3) redone, and nerfed
4) Balanced but walked away from the classes original appeal ( like in daoc, now you shoot spells with your bow.. great..:rolleyes: )

So even though the whole archery thing appeals to me as a concept I will keep away from it this time around. My plan was to play a support class that has CC as main task, so I picked a PoM. But now after reading and watching some youtube stuff I'm not so sure how good a class a PoM really is, seems gimped at a level 20 basis. ToS seems to perform way better in all areas /ponder.

rynnor

Rockhound
My plan was to play a support class that has CC as main task, so I picked a PoM. But now after reading and watching some youtube stuff I'm not so sure how good a class a PoM really is, seems gimped at a level 20 basis. ToS seems to perform way better in all areas /ponder.

Yeah, to balance that though PoM will be in demand for groups - the burst heal has a 1 minute debuff whenever you cast it but its different for each priest class.

So a group with 2 ToS will only be able to benefit from 1 burst heal per minute but one with a PoM and a ToS can have 2 per minute.

Additionally the class does have some nice high level feats like that spirit that heals everyone as they get hurt etc.

Finally, I expect the ToS may well get nerfed fairly early but PoM looks a candidate to get buffed which is another factor to consider...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My main concern is, how big do raid parties need to be for pve (ignore my spelliong/grammar atm i've just dtrank almost 3 litres of white wine) i'm hoping we can atleast gather some good (for new players) items fast and start kicking the living shite out of people (or building bridges for allies) either way lets have fun :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Guys, I don't think you should decide on classes based on Youtube videos and current builds. FunCon are working hard on class balance and what we see today will probably be very different at launch and even more different a couple months later.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Guys, I don't think you should decide on classes based on Youtube videos and current builds. FunCon are working hard on class balance and what we see today will probably be very different at launch and even more different a couple months later.

Definitely have had that in mind, hence I'm sticking to PoM wich by offical FAQs and class description is thought out as a main healer + very effective CCer, all in all a must have group class wich could also work in smaller parties.

rynnor

Rockhound
Definitely have had that in mind, hence I'm sticking to PoM wich by offical FAQs and class description is thought out as a main healer + very effective CCer, all in all a must have group class wich could also work in smaller parties.

Hmm - I cant actually remember a MMO where classes actually matched class descriptions tho...

I think the POM will be a fine class - I think the tempest would be better suited to pvp tho - that feat you can get that breaks you out stun/charm/fear seems awesome for pvp - with priests lower health stuns will be nasty...

Hothnogg

Fledgling Freddie
gotta have a main as ranger, wouldnt be right my main not being able to shoot the enemy full of pointy sticks :) and it being able to be FPS is a big bonus.

daco = ranger (luved the beta days when could one shot a cloth wearer when he was sat down :) and plate wearers rarely made it to melee before they died )

Wow dwarf hunter with big gun and pet pig :) beastmaster spec, would of luved to see the face of warlock players when big cant frenzy on them :)

lotro hunter :( shame the class in that game was such a carebear class (never bothered playing it in the moors, was to easy to farm (made a ba to rank 7 which was harder lol)

*cought* UO archer/lumberjack :) wicked combo at one point

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Hmm - I cant actually remember a MMO where classes actually matched class descriptions tho...

I think the POM will be a fine class - I think the tempest would be better suited to pvp tho - that feat you can get that breaks you out stun/charm/fear seems awesome for pvp - with priests lower health stuns will be nasty...

Had that in mind aswell. But I mean kinda becomes pointless to just assume the class desc is wrong rather then the actual balance in the betas.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Probably putting assassin, ranger and conqueror in a hat and picking one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom