sooo what class u all goin :P

megadave

I am a FH squatter
thanks

whats the stealth situation like for rogue classes? :d

megadave

I am a FH squatter
would be fun, i do miss the days of 1 shotting people and staying hidden :p

Think it would be an alt though, grouping is a lot more rewarding in the long run.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
would be fun, i do miss the days of 1 shotting people and staying hidden :p

Think it would be an alt though, grouping is a lot more rewarding in the long run.

Heh yea was fun back in OF/pre toa days :) curious to try an archer alt myself in conan :) my only hopes is that they arent a half arsed ranger wanna be.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
thanks

whats the stealth situation like for rogue classes? :d

pretty good in general but there are some pvp complaints atm but.. the devs seem willing to tinker with classes a lot so I'd say there isnt much to worry about.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Heh yea was fun back in OF/pre toa days :) curious to try an archer alt myself in conan :) my only hopes is that they arent a half arsed ranger wanna be.

Never played daoc, but everyone whines about them being OP so I guess thats a good thing?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Never played daoc, but everyone whines about them being OP so I guess thats a good thing?

Well back in OF days scouts did devastating damage yes... easily 1000+ damage with a good good bow back then (average player had around 1600-2200 buffed or so back then iirc in SI days)

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Assassins do seem like a pretty fun class, high dps melee and poisons and junk. I reckon they might be decent grp toons aswell due to the dps, although I have no real idea :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Assassins do seem like a pretty fun class, high dps melee and poisons and junk. I reckon they might be decent grp toons aswell due to the dps, although I have no real idea :D

Certainly seems viable I guess :) only problem is I asume they have paper armor? if so they will also fall alot faster... main thing people need to know for group layouts is the cast time on heals :) if the heal cast times are fast paper armor shouldn't be that much of an issue tbh.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Certainly seems viable I guess :) only problem is I asume they have paper armor? if so they will also fall alot faster... main thing people need to know for group layouts is the cast time on heals :) if the heal cast times are fast paper armor shouldn't be that much of an issue tbh.

The paper armour isnt an issue as you have agro reduction moves, and you know "tanks" to take damage :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
same as in daoc but nobody wanted them :p

can you go invisible and stuff on a rogue class, hows that work?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
same as in daoc but nobody wanted them :p

can you go invisible and stuff on a rogue class, hows that work?

Yeah. Rogue classes got an ability called Hide. It's modified by points you put in the Hide skills, calculated vs. others Perception skill and if others use the Search ability (find hidden stuff). So you can potentially hide in plain sight, which was originally unintended by the developers, so it's abit broken atm. So they have alot of class and ability balancing to do.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The paper armour isnt an issue as you have agro reduction moves, and you know "tanks" to take damage :p

Yea thats PVE tho with aggro reduction :) can't use aggro reduction vs players hehe... end of the day if the armor they have is so thin they die very quickly to 2h users etc I can't see them being a group popular class just like DAOC.

HOWEVER! I can see them being popular for sieges regardless of how much armor they have.

If however they are like rogues in WoW and can take quite a few hits/have decent evasion etc or moves to increase evasion they may indeed be group friendly as far as pvp goes.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Also remember AOC features collision control, you can actually create some form of formation when fighting, boxing people in. Letting melee classes from the enemy come into your ranks by purpose and close the trap, killing with spellcasters. Also remember mounted combat. I think there is going to be alot of variety to fighting on the battlefields. And tactics and dicipline from those that will be fighting would be key.

1. Every class has a role and use in a group.
2. Play what you think is fun.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Nice! would make siege defence alot harder to breach with tanks forming a line at the gates :)

Would be neat with 4 lines of Guardians all using polearms.

/gives order

"Phalanx... formation!" :D :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm defo gonna be a ranger now :) they look so fun... conqueror looked about boring to me in pvp.

Edit: actually I go back on what i've just said :) watched the coqueror vid a few times didn't seem that bad... but still either Conqueror/ranger or tempest of set I think.

taB

Part of the furniture
Herald of Xotty is looking mightily appealing.

Sure I'll change my mind many more times though :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

/gives order

I think that was the original idea, to PvP like you see in the movies. Other than in daoc where you could stack 100 people attacking a keep in eachother. Although that too was pretty fun. :)

I've tried a few of the AOC classes, mainly priest ones but also soldier ones and they are fairly fun to play with ability wise. There is alot of class balancing to go though. As some classes may feel boring when they are not powerful as others. But mind you, that you only hear from solo players- in teams they are all good.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, seems i'm the only powerhungry mental patient to decorate the lands with bodies as a demonologist :D

Noone seems to be wanting to play it, frmo what i've looked around.

rynnor

Rockhound
I wonder if Ranger will be nerfed just before retail or just after - you can see an impending dark hand of doom hovering over that class - if you pick it you have been warned :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

/gives order

In all honesty if its like this it will make a huge positive impact on the roleplayers/hardcore siege players toward this game.. it will ensure conan is the most realistic siege/mmo to date.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder if Ranger will be nerfed just before retail or just after - you can see an impending dark hand of doom hovering over that class - if you pick it you have been warned :)

It already has been. Keen put out another video the next day after a patch, where hed been hitting for 150-400ish in the first vid, the damage had dropped to 30-120ish. They still didnt seem to take any damage though :D

edit: YouTube - Age of Conan PvP Weekend: Post-Nerf Ranger PvP

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In all honesty if its like this it will make a huge positive impact on the roleplayers/hardcore siege players toward this game.. it will ensure conan is the most realistic siege/mmo to date.

siege/mmo, lucky you said that, 'cause otherwise i would've had to say EVE :D

rynnor

Rockhound
It already has been. Keen put out another video the next day after a patch, where hed been hitting for 150-400ish in the first vid, the damage had dropped to 30-120ish. They still didnt seem to take any damage though :D

Was he using the exploit tho? Apparently you can drop through the map becoming un-targettable but able to still target others.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Well thats not exactly a class issue anyway, since I assume casters could have exploited just the same. The problem with rangers was just that they were absolutely destroying people with massive bow dmg. And then it had the nerf-hammer treatment.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

or they will be like in DAoC. superb DPS but have nothing to bring to a group thats worth having one.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
They could never really challenge tanks for dps though in either pve or rvr. Going from the aoc beta (admittedly it is beta), assassins did seem to be able to bust out the dps more effectively than in daoc. Although again that was in 6v6 instances with people of whom probably 99% had never played the game before. So you could be totally right! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom