IMO Sony Xperia Play

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This is a bit of a fanboy thread!

Received my Xperia today and I can't get over how good it is. The build quality isn't quite as perfect as I would have liked and it's a heavy bugger too but other than that it has exceeded my expectations.

It's a standard Android affair running 2.3.3 and is far smoother than my rather clunky (in comparison) Galaxy S, which was plagued by random crashes since upgrading the firmware. The screen is also far better than the galaxy. Outside, I can actually see what I am doing rather than looking for a shadow to hide in so that I can use my phone. Inside I really can't tell the difference between this and the galaxy screen.

The games that come pre loaded are pretty average but poking around the shop there seems to be one or two that look good, I haven't downloaded any yet but I will do at some point. Graphically I would put them somewhere between PS1 and PS2.

The piece de resistance is the slide out controller, I installed genesoid, snesoid and gbaoid and once configured it is absolutely perfect for emulators. I have the psx emu installed and I am downloading a few roms for that over night, apparently they work a treat too.

Oh and minecraft pocket too, brilliant.

16gb memory is going to seem a bit slim before long!

While my android experience goes as far as this and the Galaxy, the Xperia blows it out of the water in every department.

fanboy love fest over

/convert

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Can you confirm it's PS3 connectivity?
Can you download games from PSN on your PS3 then upload them to the phone?
Can you use the joysticks as a controller for the PS3?

Zenith Jr was looking at one as a possibility for her next phone (her 'first' phone is my old XDA Orbit 2).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
1) Can't confirm, not turned the PS3 on for ages. Its bluetooth so I don't see why not.
2) Half seem to be via the android market and half seem to be on a cut down PSN. I don't think they are on PSN (but like I said, not used the PS3 in ages)
3) I doubt it. While its based on the PS pad, it only has 2 shoulder buttons. While it does have analogue controls too, these are like laptop tracking pads.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
1) Can't confirm, not turned the PS3 on for ages. Its bluetooth so I don't see why not.
2) Half seem to be via the android market and half seem to be on a cut down PSN. I don't think they are on PSN (but like I said, not used the PS3 in ages)
3) I doubt it. While its based on the PS pad, it only has 2 shoulder buttons. While it does have analogue controls too, these are like laptop tracking pads.

I can confirm all 3

I work at phones4u head office and we frequently get manufacturers in showcasing their products about a year ago we had Sony Ericsson over showing us the play and the Arc at the same time...

showed us the PS3 connectivity etc - pretty sure they were playing games from the PSN too.

the shoulder pads iirc are split into 2 buttons mate.

ie 2 on the left 2 on the right dependant on which side of the button you apply pressure to.

Shame you got the Play so late into its life really as its been around now for a good while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom