Sony Vaio + Memory Stick Icon

Clown

Part of the furniture
I recently formatted and installed Windows XP. Now the memory stick drive doesn't have an icon in My Computer. I fixed it once before but I can't remember how. I don't suppose anyone here knows how I can get my Memory Stick Pro Duo icon back there?

driveicon.png

The G: is lonely.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Worst comes to the worst I can make you a new one off of my Vaio but someone will have a better answer. :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The icon seems to be in snymsico.dll in \Windows.

And there's a reg entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\DeviceGroups\MemoryStick that points to it.

snymsico.dll seems to be pretty freely available but I can provide if necessary...

Clown

Part of the furniture
That's not how I did it before, but it's working now! Cheers!
Is your one black or grey? I downloaded one but it was grey instead of black like it used to be.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mine is grey. There's a blueish one in that dll as well, but I never saw a black one.

Clown

Part of the furniture
The black one was in Vista :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ah. :)

I don't dare put Vista on mine, it's getting on a bit (SZ1XP) and I fear I'd have to run it in full power mode all the time which would send the battery time down to about 2hrs, where I get 5-6 on the stamina setting in XP.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just put XP back on after having Vista for a few months. It was pretty and had nice little touches, but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's nice and stuff, I've had it on my PC at home for a week now.

YouTube - Get a Mac - Vista Vs Mac - Security - New Mac Add
[youtubevid]VuqZ8AqmLPY[/youtubevid]

That annoys me though. I've seen people speaking of UAC settings, is all that shit turn-off-able? It won't even let me extract an archive to the root of a drive for whatever reason...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom