Sony TV

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
looking to get a new 4k tv. Wondered if anyone had any info on the Sony Bravia 49XE9005.

@Bodhi any comments?

Cheers.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Don't have any experience of that particular telly, but What Hi Fi said it was pretty good which is normally good enough for me.

Sony KD-49XE9005 review

We have the 65XE9305 it's a fantastic TV, great picture quality and processing, and comes alive with some 4K HDR material like The Grand Tour. Android TV hasn't annoyed us yet, and it's great how you can install any Android app directly on the telly. Means you get the full Android Plex app, and Kodi is available if you are that way inclined.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wish i could get a 65 inch tv but not enough room. Yeah the review was good. And for the price cant go wrong.

Do you use a sound bar or an amp?

I got an amp and speakers and wonder if there is any issue parsing the audio back from the tv into the amp from netflix etc. As at the moment all the spund goes from the device thrpugh the amp and the picture then on to the tv

Bodhi

Wish i could get a 65 inch tv but not enough room. Yeah the review was good. And for the price cant go wrong.

Do you use a sound bar or an amp?

I got an amp and speakers and wonder if there is any issue parsing the audio back from the tv into the amp from netflix etc. As at the moment all the spund goes from the device thrpugh the amp and the picture then on to the tv

We've got a Yamaha amp set up, just using 2 channels but it's suitably beefy :) Just using the Optical Out to send everything to the amp, saves the OH worrying about what input the amp is on.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We've got a Yamaha amp set up, just using 2 channels but it's suitably beefy :) Just using the Optical Out to send everything to the amp, saves the OH worrying about what input the amp is on.
I see so i would need an optical cable to feed the sound back to the amp when using the apps. Cheers.

I have a denon amp with four hdmi so i have my games and cable tv etc go through that to one tv hdmi port so we dont have to bother changing the tv channel ever

Bodhi

It may be possible to use ARC - the TV will definitely support it, as long as the amp supports it you should be all set.

Bodhi

Arc? Runs off to google.

Now I'm on a proper keyboard I can explain - Audio Return Channel - should enable you to send sounds from the TV back to the Amplifier. I believe it is only activated on one HDMI socket on the TV, so make sure you connect the Amp up to that one.

Haven't tried it myself as we're just using old fashioned Optical, which you will be able to use as a fallback option - less clutter if you can get ARC working though.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wouldn't it be better to ask advice on the best TV in a specific price range rather than going straight to Sony?

I have a Sony TV and it is great but it has some annoying things about it that a Panasonic set didn't have.

So I kind of regret the purchase a bit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wouldn't it be better to ask advice on the best TV in a specific price range rather than going straight to Sony?

I have a Sony TV and it is great but it has some annoying things about it that a Panasonic set didn't have.

So I kind of regret the purchase a bit.
I found the sony and the what review and read about the panasonics which i usually get.

The panasonics dont seem to be in the same ball park for this kind of cost / feature wise. If there are other of that size you think are better suggest away :)

What was the issue you disliked?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well when it's turned on you need to wait for a little while before it allows you to change channels and volume etc.

Also I prefer Panasonic's tv guide and channel searching. The Sony version is a bit annoying.

Bodhi

Well when it's turned on you need to wait for a little while before it allows you to change channels and volume etc.

Also I prefer Panasonic's tv guide and channel searching. The Sony version is a bit annoying.

The delay issue was specific to that set (we still have ours upstairs), the new one in the living room changes instantly.

TV Guide has changed as well, being Android based now.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I dont use tv for its guide anyway. Iuse the virgin box for the tv i watch so it stays on one channel and i use the virgin tv guide. Thanks for the feedback tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom